Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1364748 times)

Offline VIXTE

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #2190 on: February 12, 2014, 11:19:06 AM »
There is no ground for any suggestion that Madeleine was not happy within her family environment, prior to her abduction.

Suggesting that someone else would look after her better than her parents is  just very sick.

I suggest that post to be removed.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 11:20:39 AM by VIXTE »

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #2191 on: February 12, 2014, 11:24:33 AM »
Sadly I have to agree with you on all of that. The idea of Madeleine being kept alive for anything other than nefarious purposes stretches credibility.

There is no such thing as a loving family that snatches children, robs them of their identity and tortures the parents - complete
contradiction in terms.

I don't agree with this. There is no way to predict what human mind can make up..

Redblossom

« Reply #2192 on: February 12, 2014, 12:58:54 PM »
Ah the very old chestnut, "must be jealous of the mccanns"....yawn

>@@(*&)

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #2193 on: February 12, 2014, 01:47:57 PM »
IMO your thinking is not normal.

There is a reason for that,  I don't do normal.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Redblossom

« Reply #2194 on: February 12, 2014, 10:14:13 PM »
Sadly I have to agree with you on all of that. The idea of Madeleine being kept alive for anything other than nefarious purposes stretches credibility.

There is no such thing as a loving family that snatches children, robs them of their identity and tortures the parents - complete
contradiction in terms.

Sorry, I missed this post.

I totally agree and incidentally who has ever stolen a near four yr old for this purpose, there are  extremely rare cases of babies being stolen from hospital by women who have lost a chlld at birth or couldnt conceive, and went to a desperate measure, and in that case the baby would know no different, but four yr olds from their beds?  posters are welcome to quote stories

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #2195 on: February 12, 2014, 10:27:15 PM »
Sorry, I missed this post.

I totally agree and incidentally who has ever stolen a near four yr old for this purpose, there are  extremely rare cases of babies being stolen from hospital by women who have lost a chlld at birth or couldnt conceive, and went to a desperate measure, and in that case the baby would know no different, but four yr olds from their beds?  posters are welcome to quote stories

An example

March 16, 2007
Police recover stolen baby

A NEWBORN baby snatched from a hospital maternity unit in the north of Portugal more than a year ago has been found safe and well.Baby Andreia was just two-days-old when she was stolen from Hospital Padre Américo/Vale do Sousa, in Penafiel near Porto in February 2006.The case shocked the nation and, as a result, tighter security measures were introduced at maternity units across the country. The child was recovered on Monday this week after police in Valongo, 40km from Penafiel, received a tip-off from the sister of the abductor’s boyfriend. Thirty-seven-year-old Alice Ferreira is reported to have confessed to the crime.Suspicions were apparently raised when it appeared Ferreira did not possess the necessary registration papers to arrange the baptism wished for by the family.The woman became more convinced something was not right after she saw pictures of the alleged abductor on the internet, caught on hospital security cameras, which bore a striking similarity to her brother’s girlfriend.JoanaFor 13 months, the baby, who was known by the name of Joana, lived in Valongo with Alice Ferreira, her partner and three children from the couple’s previous relationships.On Monday, when police visited the home, Ferreira admitted she was not the mother of Andreia and told police she had pretended to be pregnant in order to “trap her boyfriend into staying with her” as “he was her great passion”.She got away with the scheme because her boyfriend, an EDP worker, was constantly away due to the nature of his work.After nine months of supposedly being pregnant, she allegedly visited the Penafiel hospital and snatched Andreia who had been in a nurses’ area.Ferreira’s partner is said to be deeply shocked and upset at finding out that the baby is not his.The baby is currently with Social Services, pending the results of DNA tests, but is expected to be returned to Isaura and Albino Pinto, parents of the little girl snatched from Penafiel hospital on February 17, last year.Alice Ferreira was due in court for an initial hearing this week and could face up to 10 years in prison.Do you have a view on this story? Email: editor@portugalresident.com

Tags:
news  portugal
- See more at: http://portugalresident.com/police-recover-stolen-baby#sthash.8VxlGham.dpuf

Redblossom

« Reply #2196 on: February 12, 2014, 10:33:22 PM »
Thank you vixte, though that was not was an example of what I was asking for and already said these cases do happen..including this example, pretending for entrapment, ie babies stolen from a hospital for their own, and not four year olds from family beds

The film (based in true story) Baby Snatcher 1992 was an example

Never seen any with a four yr old

>@@(*&)

Actually never heard of any case where a child ( not a baby) was stolen from bed for adoption, with or without the  stranger perpetrator found

Might  have missed it though

Edited for clarity

« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 11:12:33 PM by Redblossom »

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #2197 on: February 12, 2014, 11:08:13 PM »
example of a stolen child, found after many years

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-24526210

Redblossom

« Reply #2198 on: February 12, 2014, 11:14:55 PM »
example of a stolen child, found after many years

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-24526210

Ah technically so, but out of context, chalk and cheese

So was Madeleine stolen for a Chinese family as thousands are apparently there all the time because of their one child policy laws?

>@@(*&)

and was this little chap stolen from his bed at night whilst on holiday? Leave  you to muse over it. Weren't you the one saying a short while ago that loads of kids get trafficked for organs too? Even the articles you submitted showed just ONE?

>@@(*&)

Edited
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 11:22:53 PM by Redblossom »

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #2199 on: February 12, 2014, 11:21:45 PM »
Ah technically so, but out of context, chalk and cheese

So was Madeleine stolen for a Chinese family as thousands are apparently there all the time because of their one child policy laws?

>@@(*&)

and was this little chap stolen from his bed at night whilst on holiday? Leave  you to muse over it.

The statistics of stolen girls of Madeleine's age are not looking good but there is always a chance of a rare case.
Whatever reason was for stealing Madeleine, she deserves to be found.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_kidnappings

And to me personally this is above any political or national interest.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #2200 on: February 12, 2014, 11:31:18 PM »

It only takes one to make a statistic.

Offline Benice

« Reply #2201 on: February 12, 2014, 11:32:51 PM »
The statistics of stolen girls of Madeleine's age are not looking good but there is always a chance of a rare case.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_kidnappings

I agree Vixte.  This claim that because of 'statistics' Madeleine could not have been abducted is just plain daft.  If you follow that line of thought then Ben Needham could not have been abducted - because no British child of his age had been abducted from Kos before. 

Rare means rare - not NEVER.    And there is a first time for everything.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Redblossom

« Reply #2202 on: February 12, 2014, 11:33:58 PM »

Yes, IF (as there is no evidence or proof she was stolen) she was, yes,if she wasn't, still, yes, so agree, goodnight

Redblossom

« Reply #2203 on: February 12, 2014, 11:42:15 PM »
I agree Vixte.  This claim that because of 'statistics' Madeleine could not have been abducted is just plain daft.  If you follow that line of thought then Ben Needham could not have been abducted - because no British child of his age had been abducted from Kos before. 

Rare means rare - not NEVER.    And there is a first time for everything.

You are protesting too much, and  using silly watered down analogies, no one has said its impossible, nite to you too!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 11:44:02 PM by Redblossom »

Offline Benice

« Reply #2204 on: February 13, 2014, 12:11:40 AM »
You are protesting too much, and  using silly watered down analogies, no one has said its impossible, nite to you too!

Protesting too much?  I've made one post. 

If people are not saying that it is impossible that Madeleine was abducted - then why all the talk about statistics?  What are they saying they prove in her case?  It seems to me that stats are being used to dismiss any possibility of an abduction.   Quite clearly that is not the case - and Ben Needham's abduction is proof of that.

Nigh night.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal