Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1364719 times)

Offline VIXTE

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #2310 on: February 17, 2014, 02:22:58 AM »
Egos are involved.

SY want to look like they are in the driving seat (hence the suggestion of pressuring). There's nothing to say that Portuguese courts are foot-dragging. Just that the normal bureaucracies are being observed.

PJ on the other hand also want to maintain control, and want to be seen to be doing so.

IMO it is not an ego problem. I just thought about it.. and by now the policemen on both sides would be good friends..

I think this now is more a political thing of 'what kind of an image a mess like this would produce long and short term and how to deal with it'

I'd call it a PR, and that is worse than ego..

But maybe I am wrong!

One good thing, now they are saying that Monteiro was working with others, this is new.. so both theories. either the PJs of Moneteiro or SYs of OC workers have more than one person involved.. which is good for Madeleine, less likely she is dead..

And it seems all these people were around 5A.. mapped by their phones..

And if some old stupid force wants to block the further investigation on this matter or slow it down detectives can still leak it into the papers.. this would cause worse damage than actually dealing with real facts..

« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 02:32:51 AM by VIXTE »

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #2311 on: February 17, 2014, 02:41:19 AM »
IMO it is not an ego problem. I just thought about it.. and by now the policemen on both sides would be good friends..

I think this now is more a political thing of 'what kind of an image a mess like this would produce long and short term and how to deal with it'

I'd call it a PR, and that is worse than ego..

But maybe I am wrong!

One good thing, now they are saying that Monteiro was working with others, this is new.. so both theories. either the PJs of Moneteiro or SYs of OC workers have more than one person involved.. which is good for Madeleine, less likely she is dead..

And it seems all these people were around 5A.. mapped by their phones..

And if some old stupid force wants to block the further investigation on this matter or slow it down detectives can still leak it into the papers.. this would cause worse damage than actually dealing with real facts..

Yes, noted VIXTE.

Notice that the Mirror article also states:

And yesterday it emerged that British cold-case detectives are anxious to trace three of his known associates who are believed to have carried out burglaries in the Praia da Luz area around the time of the youngster’s disappearance on May 3, 2007.

It appears  that the Oporto team, and SY's team in Faro, are working on the same thing.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #2312 on: February 17, 2014, 02:45:32 AM »

His widow says that he had turned over a new leaf.  And then he got the sack for stealing.  So what does she know?

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #2313 on: February 17, 2014, 02:47:01 AM »
Yes, noted VIXTE.

Notice that the Mirror article also states:

And yesterday it emerged that British cold-case detectives are anxious to trace three of his known associates who are believed to have carried out burglaries in the Praia da Luz area around the time of the youngster’s disappearance on May 3, 2007.

It appears  that the Oporto team, and SY's team in Faro, are working on the same thing.

That crossed my mind, but why then there would be a problem in PJ acting upon the R. letters?
If Oporto team has the same finding as SY then there should be no R letters, the PJ would act upon their own findings and SY would not need to write any lettets.
Mathematics  8)--))
IMO their findings are different..

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #2314 on: February 17, 2014, 03:00:07 AM »
His widow says that he had turned over a new leaf.  And then he got the sack for stealing.  So what does she know?

Yes, that was an odd statement she made.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #2315 on: February 17, 2014, 03:08:57 AM »
Yes, that was an odd statement she made.

He was obviously away from home that night because his cell phone was elsewhere.  And I can't see him telling his wife that he was off out to abduct a child.  So she cannot possibly speak for his honesty.

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #2316 on: February 17, 2014, 03:09:51 AM »

It is impossible he took Madeleine. He was black and Madeleine is a blond child. It would be very noticeable in PDL-

Plus Smith's sighting is not of Monterio..
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 03:11:47 AM by VIXTE »

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #2317 on: February 17, 2014, 03:25:09 AM »
It is impossible he took Madeleine. He was black and Madeleine is a blond child. It would be very noticeable in PDL-

Plus Smith's sighting is not of Monterio..

Yes, I know all that, but someone had to organize it.  And he will have known some very dodgy people.  He was likely there hiding somewhere and coordinating the whole thing.  Hence all of the phone calls.

I think that Madeleine was taken off by sea so he could have been down on the beach with a small boat.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #2318 on: February 17, 2014, 07:59:36 AM »

Madeleine McCann cops quiz prime suspect's widow - four years after his death

Feb 17, 2014 00:00 By David Collins

The widow of the prime suspect in the Madeleine McCann case has told how she was stunned when police arrived to quiz her – four years after his death.

Luisa Rodrigues was grilled by Portuguese officers as mobile phone records pinpointed Euclides Lopes Monteiro at the scene on the night three-year-old Madeleine was snatched.

The 40-year-old ex-jailbird and heroin junkie remains a key part of the inquiry, even though he died in a tractor accident in 2009 – two years after the abduction.

Speaking for the first time about her interrogation, Luisa, 40, admitted she was shocked when police contacted her at her home in Lagos, just a 15-minute drive from Praia da Luz.

She said: “Two officers phoned me out of the blue and said they were in town and wanted to see me.

“They wouldn’t tell me what it was over the phone but when I reached the cafe where we’d arranged to meet, they told me they were investigating Euclides over Madeleine McCann.

“They said they suspected him because he used to work at the Ocean Club complex where the McCanns were staying and because they had tracked the signal from his mobile phone to the area where Madeleine disappeared the night she vanished.

“I was speechless. I kept repeating Euclides was innocent but they said it was not for me to say.”

She said the officers wanted to know about his criminal past – he served time for burglary – his friends and his drug habit.

She added: “They asked me many questions, including where we had lived as a couple, where Euclides had worked over the years, what he was like as a person and if he had problems with drink and drugs.

"They also asked where he was the night Madeleine disappeared and if I had noticed any changes in him afterwards.

“It’s a long time ago, but I’m sure he would have been at home watching TV. That’s what he always did after work.

“They questioned me for about an hour. The next day I took them the work contracts I found for Euclides at home and details of our joint bank account which they also asked for.

"They never explained why they had come to ­question me more than six years after Madeleine disappeared.”

Luisa admitted that 6ft 2in Euclides had a problem with heroin and cocaine which he battled on and off his whole life.

She said: “When he was younger he broke into houses and served five years in prison. So I can understand why he’s become a suspect, even if I don’t believe he could have had anything to do with it.”

Luisa, the daughter of a construction firm boss, started dating the father of her 11-year-son when she was 16.

She said she was aware of his ­problems, but he had turned over a new leaf – and believes the police are simply trying to find a scapegoat.

She insisted: “I know Euclides didn’t take Madeleine. He came out of prison a changed man. He had made an honest life for himself and was a good and caring father and companion.

"If I thought he had anything to do with Madeleine’s disappearance I would have been the first to turn him in.

“I wouldn’t have been able to live with myself for keeping something like that secret. I know he is innocent.”

Monteiro, who moved to Portugal as a child from Cape Verde off West Africa, first emerged as a suspect last year.

He was sacked from the Ocean Club a year before Madeleine vanished after being accused of theft while working at the Millennium restaurant.

But Luisa, who works for a local tourist firm, said: “I know in my heart he is innocent. It’s very easy to blame someone who can’t defend themselves any more.

“My husband was no angel but he would never be capable of committing such a terrible crime.”

British officers have asked their Portuguese counterparts to question three ex-employees of the Ocean Club complex, examine their bank accounts and search their homes.

Deputy Assistant Commissioner Martin Hewitt, who is leading the Scotland Yard probe, said: “Clearly the tempo of the investigation is accelerating.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-missing-cops-quiz-3153923
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #2319 on: February 17, 2014, 08:07:41 AM »
Yes, I know all that, but someone had to organize it.  And he will have known some very dodgy people.  He was likely there hiding somewhere and coordinating the whole thing.  Hence all of the phone calls.

I think that Madeleine was taken off by sea so he could have been down on the beach with a small boat.

I think your right Eleanor, the black guy hid in the dark where no one could see him, whilst a Gerry McCann lookalike hurried past the Smith family, down to the beach & onto a boat, then they all made their way to cape canaveral and blasted Maddie into outerspace.

I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Lace

« Reply #2320 on: February 17, 2014, 09:06:33 AM »
I think your right Eleanor, the black guy hid in the dark where no one could see him, whilst a Gerry McCann lookalike hurried past the Smith family, down to the beach & onto a boat, then they all made their way to cape canaveral and blasted Maddie into outerspace.

Gerry McCann lookalike?     What do you mean?     Smith said it was the way Gerry carried his child down the steps of the plane  that was similar not his face,   and then it was 60/80%.

Why do you and others keep trying to make out that Smith identified Gerry's face?

Offline Apostate

« Reply #2321 on: February 17, 2014, 09:40:35 AM »
Gerry McCann lookalike?     What do you mean?     Smith said it was the way Gerry carried his child down the steps of the plane  that was similar not his face,   and then it was 60/80%.

Why do you and others keep trying to make out that Smith identified Gerry's face?

quite right - looked nothing like Gerry

Offline Lace

« Reply #2322 on: February 17, 2014, 10:04:30 AM »
There are probably numerous people who are similar to those photo's.

The point I am making is that Mr. Smith did not say that he recognised Gerry by his appearance but by the way he carried his child.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #2323 on: February 17, 2014, 10:39:08 AM »
Those two photo-fits don't even look like each other yet they are supposed to be the same man.  Can anyone explain this?
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Estuarine

« Reply #2324 on: February 17, 2014, 11:05:25 AM »
Egos are involved.

SY want to look like they are in the driving seat (hence the suggestion of pressuring). There's nothing to say that Portuguese courts are foot-dragging. Just that the normal bureaucracies are being observed.

PJ on the other hand also want to maintain control, and want to be seen to be doing so.

Sorry to answer late but try putting the boot on the other foot. Consider "how quickly do the UK respond to such things" ?
The chain seems to be along the lines MPS-CPS-FCO-Portugues FO-AG-PJ then back; the point I am making here is there are several links in the chain (PLEASE no one nit pick over whether the links are in the right order or are correctly titled that ain't the kin point). It would not happen in a couple of nanoseconds in the corporate world let alone in the diplomatic world.
Regular meetings have been held between MPS and PJ for nearly three years. Seems to me it grinds on like the mills of God (see Retribution by Longfellow)