Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1364713 times)

AnneGuedes

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #2445 on: February 21, 2014, 01:22:11 AM »

Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe: I'm just going to... Let me just... let me just help. Where we are at the moment: We've sent three letters of request for international assistance to the Portuguese, errr... Judiciary, because that's the way their system works, and also with the police - we are working closely with them. Errm... obviously the Portuguese police have got a line of inquiry which is different to the Metropolitan Police's but we're working together to try and resolve that. Errm... we're trying our best to keep the family informed and I think in the middle of all this, quite often their torment gets lost. Have they lost a child or, errr... by being murdered or... sadly... or have they lost a child by someone else stealing them.
What do you think he intended to say ?

Silkywhiskers

« Reply #2446 on: February 21, 2014, 01:26:09 AM »
Oh, please!
What rag?
My summary is from the Guardain, from BBC crimewatch,  from live interivew of DCI Redwood which you can find on youtube and todays live interview of SY's boss.

And if you think that you might know more about policing and investigation that DCI Redwood and than you are even in a position to criticise him then you my dead need a psychological treatment..

Where on earth did I criticise Andy?

I opined about his motivations.

Think of it...say in the framework of the OJ investigation.

Everyone thinks the fancy lawyers got in the way of the truth.  OJ did it.  He's now admitted it so it seems like a Miscarriage of Justice definitely occurred.

Now.  Imagine if the LAPD announced they are reopening the investigation.

The lead investigator appears on morning tv to announce the reopening.

While he's on there, he says "well, I dont think it was OJ".

Before the investigation has even begun....!!!!!

Would you cry for him to be replaced as biased?

Would you think he has no right to voice an opinion before he has announced the results of the investigation?

Or would you sit there and say "well that's that, he's innocent cos the talking head told me so"?

Analytical thinking never goes astray. 

What were AR's motives announcing his personal opinion on morning tv?  Logically, it follows that the powers that be would proceed to wind up the funding and the investigation itself, as Andys already decided M is playing a tambourine on a Moroccan street corner.

The opposite has occured.  The investigation is running fast now, in a particular direction, burglars notwithstanding.

The involvement of the CPS indicates a crime perpetrated by British Subjects in Portugal...not Portugese suspects, German, Morrocan, etc.

Andy's either a total dolt, a paid mouth, or he's being disingenous. 

I personally think he's way smarter than he appears.  I'm very happy with his tactics, especially when he blew Tannerman out of the water with the same mild half smile.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 01:30:00 AM by Silkywhiskers »

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #2447 on: February 21, 2014, 01:32:20 AM »
Where on earth did I criticise Andy?

I opined about his motivations.

Think of it...say in the framework of the OJ investigation.

Everyone thinks the fancy lawyers got in the way of the truth.  OJ did it.  He's now admitted it so it seems like a Miscarriage of Justice definitely occurred.

Now.  Imagine if the LAPD announced they are reopening the investigation.

The lead investigator appears on morning tv to announce the reopening.

While he's on there, he says "well, I dont think it was OJ".

Before the investigation has even begun....!!!!!

Would you cry for him to be replaced as biased?

Would you think he has no right to voice an opinion before he has announced the results of the investigation?

Or would you sit there and say "well that's that, he's innocent cos the talking head told me so"?

Analytical thinking never goes astray. 

What were AR's motives announcing his personal opinion on morning tv?  Logically, it follows that the powers that be would proceed to wind up the funding and the investigation itself, as Andys already decided M is playing a tambourine on a Moroccan street corner.

The opposite has occured.  The investigation is running fast now, in a particular direction, burglars notwithstanding.

The involvement of the CPS

He's either a total dolt, a paid mouth, or he's being disingenous.

Sorry I am not into the world conspiracies..and I think everything in this world can be seen as a conspiracy if one want to see a conspiracy..

This case needs something completely opposite.

It needs finding a little girl, clarifying what happen to her and where she is.. for that a clear and unbiased mind is needed, separated from any ego trip.. the clear facts analysed by pure professionals who are dedicated to solving this task..

And I think this is what is happening right now.. both in the UK and Portugal!

Offline Benice

« Reply #2448 on: February 21, 2014, 01:38:26 AM »
Sorry I am not into the world conspiracies..and I think everything in this world can be seen as a conspiracy if one want to see a conspiracy..

It needs finding a little girl, clarifying what happen to her and where she is.. for that a clear and unbiased mind is needed, separated from any ego trip.. the clear facts analysed by pure professionals who are dedicated to solving this task..

Exactly.   And anyone who thinks SY and the PJ  are deliberately duping the public as part of some massive double bluff is being ridiculous IMO.     If that was the case not-one would ever believe a word they ever said again.   They would be blowing their own credibility as a police force out of the water for all time.  The whole idea is ludicrous.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Silkywhiskers

« Reply #2449 on: February 21, 2014, 01:40:14 AM »

We can agree on that at least!

8@??)(

She needs to be found, one way or another. 

Lyall

« Reply #2450 on: February 21, 2014, 01:46:28 AM »
Exactly.   And anyone who thinks SY and the PJ  are deliberately duping the public as part of some massive double bluff is being ridiculous IMO.     If that was the case not-one would ever believe a word they ever said again.   They would be blowing their own credibility as a police force out of the water for all time.  The whole idea is ludicrous.

They've survived numerous PR disasters in recent years. What's one more?

They're rarely called upon to explain errors, by press or by parliament.

Silkywhiskers

« Reply #2451 on: February 21, 2014, 01:51:08 AM »

About as ludicrous as appearing on morning telly and saying "that impartial investigation we are going to do?  Well I already know what the answers going to be!

The funding would disappear within the hour.  No need!

Instead of opinions and Andy being cute, lets look at more recent statements -

We know they have more evidence, they've told us.
We know they have suspects and a rapidly moving case, they've told us.

Theyve also told us Tannerman is a load of bs and the only real efit is the one Team McCann suppressed/hid/did not publish/whatever, who happens to look just like Gerry (imagine that).

We know there are eyewitnesses who identified Gerry.

We know the CPS has requested Portugese assistance 3 times in as many weeks, but no arrests or even interviews were requested.

This ALONE indicates the perps are British. The case is already with the CPS who only prosecute within the UK.

We know the McCanns own libel trial has been inexplicably postponed, with no resumption in sight.  Team McCann dismissed their own witnesses.

Exciting times, I hope you're around when the cuffs go on so I can say "told you so!". 8(0(*

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #2452 on: February 21, 2014, 02:06:20 AM »
About as ludicrous as appearing on morning telly and saying "that impartial investigation we are going to do?  Well I already know what the answers going to be!

The funding would disappear within the hour.  No need!

Instead of opinions and Andy being cute, lets look at more recent statements -

We know they have more evidence, they've told us.
We know they have suspects and a rapidly moving case, they've told us.

Theyve also told us Tannerman is a load of bs and the only real efit is the one Team McCann suppressed/hid/did not publish/whatever, who happens to look just like Gerry (imagine that).

We know there are eyewitnesses who identified Gerry.

We know the CPS has requested Portugese assistance 3 times in as many weeks, but no arrests or even interviews were requested.

This ALONE indicates the perps are British. The case is already with the CPS who only prosecute within the UK.

We know the McCanns own libel trial has been inexplicably postponed, with no resumption in sight.  Team McCann dismissed their own witnesses.

Exciting times, I hope you're around when the cuffs go on so I can say "told you so!". 8(0(*

Parents are not suspects. And lets stop there.. It is becoming boring! Gerry wasn't identified by 'witnesses'..the statement wasn't suppressed.. ..  who cares if the suspects British or Portuguese.. who cares anything except finding Madeleine.. and finding Madeleine is the only exciting thing in this case!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 02:09:45 AM by VIXTE »

Lyall

« Reply #2453 on: February 21, 2014, 02:21:27 AM »
It seems SY wants access to bank accounts. Strangely enough since the LC refused PJ's access to the McCanns' accounts.
The LORs are a normal way to proceed among countries linked by judiciary assistance. I don't understand why BHH said that's the way their system works.
The trial is suspended by the still unresolved ward of court issue.
Both parties dismissed witnesses.

I don't think he meant anything by that's the way their system works, Anne. He'll be aware the knowledge of European judicial systems amongst most of the radio audience is near zero. That's all it was I think.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #2454 on: February 21, 2014, 02:34:30 AM »
I don't think he meant anything by that's the way their system works, Anne. He'll be aware the knowledge of European judicial systems amongst most of the radio audience is near zero. That's all it was I think.
I'm not convinced, it was easy to say that the European judiciary assistance works this way.
And I'm not convinced as well that the radio audience is ignorant.
Perhaps 8(0(* because I never watch TV but adore (a certain, the best of the world) radio.

Offline Luz

« Reply #2455 on: February 21, 2014, 02:51:31 AM »
Parents are not suspects. And lets stop there.. It is becoming boring! Gerry wasn't identified by 'witnesses'..the statement wasn't suppressed.. ..  who cares if the suspects British or Portuguese.. who cares anything except finding Madeleine.. and finding Madeleine is the only exciting thing in this case!

Who told you the parents are not suspects?!

Do you have a private line to the Portuguese Attorney General or the PJ's National Director?

Last time they talked in public they announced a REOPENING of the previous investigation, which means that the former suspects are still suspects until there's a resolution of the case or a new archiving.

The McCann tried to push into the UK Media the idea that the archiving report exonerated them, but it didn't, it simply stated there was no evidence (sufficient or substantiated) to press charges.

They are not arguido now because they have not been called for interrogation or charged for any crime.

[....  moderated ....]
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 08:53:44 AM by Admin »

Offline Luz

« Reply #2456 on: February 21, 2014, 02:55:46 AM »
Sir Bernard Hagan-Howe just made a....(was going to say made a fool of himself, but better not)

SY most senior was unfortunate on his attempt to pass the ball to Portugal.

Saying in public they had the names of the suspects was the kind of behaviour a responsible police never makes unless he has secured the victim.

What it tells us is that he knows there is no victim to rescue and what matters is to clean face after spending millions of taxpayers money and years of public patience.

Offline Admin

« Reply #2457 on: February 21, 2014, 09:15:38 AM »
A gentle reminder that this thread is reserved for the  LATEST NEWS  on the search for Madeleine.

Estuarine

« Reply #2458 on: February 21, 2014, 11:04:54 AM »
A gentle reminder that this thread is reserved for the  LATEST NEWS  on the search for Madeleine.

Good point Admin! What is the latest news? Is anyone actually searching?

Offline Carana

« Reply #2459 on: February 21, 2014, 11:30:09 AM »

I hadn't seen your comment when I posted, but that's my impression as well.