Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1364779 times)

Offline VIXTE

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #2460 on: February 21, 2014, 01:56:22 PM »
If Maddie turns up alive then the worst I have done is wrongly accused her parents.  (sh*t happens)

If she doesn't 'do a Lazarus' & no one is proven to have been involved in her disappearance then we won't know if I was wrong or right.

But what if Kate & Gerry did 'do it',

That could possibly mean the 'support group' have been complicit in harbouring a pair of crims, preventing lawful burial of a little girl, oh and fraud as well.

I know which one I find the worst.

We are not the inspectors or investigators. This case has the real ones. And the good ones.

If they say there is a possibilty of the child being alive, why not accept it?

You don't trust the expertise? You think you are better then them?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2461 on: February 21, 2014, 02:06:02 PM »
Where on earth did I criticise Andy?

I opined about his motivations.

Think of it...say in the framework of the OJ investigation.

Everyone thinks the fancy lawyers got in the way of the truth.  OJ did it.  He's now admitted it so it seems like a Miscarriage of Justice definitely occurred.

Now.  Imagine if the LAPD announced they are reopening the investigation.

The lead investigator appears on morning tv to announce the reopening.

While he's on there, he says "well, I dont think it was OJ".

Before the investigation has even begun....!!!!!

Would you cry for him to be replaced as biased?

Would you think he has no right to voice an opinion before he has announced the results of the investigation?

Or would you sit there and say "well that's that, he's innocent cos the talking head told me so"?

Analytical thinking never goes astray. 

What were AR's motives announcing his personal opinion on morning tv?  Logically, it follows that the powers that be would proceed to wind up the funding and the investigation itself, as Andys already decided M is playing a tambourine on a Moroccan street corner.

The opposite has occured.  The investigation is running fast now, in a particular direction, burglars notwithstanding.

The involvement of the CPS indicates a crime perpetrated by British Subjects in Portugal...not Portugese suspects, German, Morrocan, etc.

Andy's either a total dolt, a paid mouth, or he's being disingenous. 

I personally think he's way smarter than he appears.  I'm very happy with his tactics, especially when he blew Tannerman out of the water with the same mild half smile.

you are wrong on this as well..in fact you are wrong on so many things
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 02:17:37 PM by davel »

Offline Carana

« Reply #2462 on: February 21, 2014, 02:14:42 PM »

Who told you the parents are not suspects?!

Do you have a private line to the Portuguese Attorney General or the PJ's National Director?

Last time they talked in public they announced a REOPENING of the previous investigation, which means that the former suspects are still suspects until there's a resolution of the case or a new archiving.

The McCann tried to push into the UK Media the idea that the archiving report exonerated them, but it didn't, it simply stated there was no evidence (sufficient or substantiated) to press charges.

They are not arguido now because they have not been called for interrogation or charged for any crime.

[....  moderated ....]

Some people kept insisting that the former arguidos would automatically regain that status once the case was reopened, which doesn't appear to be the case. At least that myth seems to have been cleared up.

The MP reopened the case on the basis of new, credible and pertinent information or leads that the Oporto team presented as a result of their own review. In view of judicial secrecy laws in Portugal, and all the embarrassing leaks to tabloids in the past, I doubt that the general public will have much more information until there is something concrete to announce.

NB: Incidentally, you never did answer my question concerning your post as to whether you could affirm that the person in the room during the Stuart Prior phone call "incident" (if it ever happened) who had told you about this incident understood English or not.

Offline Carana

« Reply #2463 on: February 21, 2014, 02:18:57 PM »
I'm not convinced, it was easy to say that the European judiciary assistance works this way.
And I'm not convinced as well that the radio audience is ignorant.
Perhaps 8(0(* because I never watch TV but adore (a certain, the best of the world) radio.

Again, but this time-consuming bureaucracy can sometimes be replaced by a JIT, as happened in the Alps massacre.

Redblossom

« Reply #2464 on: February 21, 2014, 02:19:12 PM »
you are wrong on this as well..in fact you are wrong on so many things

Have you never been wrong about anything at any time in this case and on this forum?

>@@(*&)

Eta
It might also help if you post why the poster was wrong on the CPS issue,whch you red hghlighted, you know, just for education and completeness,thanks
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 02:22:16 PM by Redblossom »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2465 on: February 21, 2014, 02:34:03 PM »
Have you never been wrong about anything at any time in this case and on this forum?

>@@(*&)

Eta
It might also help if you post why the poster was wrong on the CPS issue,whch you red hghlighted, you know, just for education and completeness,thanks

The problem is that this poster is making so many statements that have already been discussed at length and shown to be false. I for on cant be bothered to cover the same ground again. If silly wants to believe things that are patently untrue then what the heck...it doesn't matter..

The cps don't have to travel to Portugal to have talks about investigating the McCanns ...the McCanns can be prosecuted in this country for serious crimes carried out abroad and certainly for fraud if the fund really was fraudulent. detectives could collect any necessary evidence in portugal

Offline Carana

« Reply #2466 on: February 21, 2014, 03:23:30 PM »
Where on earth did I criticise Andy?

I opined about his motivations.

Think of it...say in the framework of the OJ investigation.

Everyone thinks the fancy lawyers got in the way of the truth.  OJ did it.  He's now admitted it so it seems like a Miscarriage of Justice definitely occurred.

Now.  Imagine if the LAPD announced they are reopening the investigation.

The lead investigator appears on morning tv to announce the reopening.

While he's on there, he says "well, I dont think it was OJ".

Before the investigation has even begun....!!!!!

Would you cry for him to be replaced as biased?

Would you think he has no right to voice an opinion before he has announced the results of the investigation?

Or would you sit there and say "well that's that, he's innocent cos the talking head told me so"?

Analytical thinking never goes astray. 

What were AR's motives announcing his personal opinion on morning tv?  Logically, it follows that the powers that be would proceed to wind up the funding and the investigation itself, as Andys already decided M is playing a tambourine on a Moroccan street corner.

The opposite has occured.  The investigation is running fast now, in a particular direction, burglars notwithstanding.

The involvement of the CPS indicates a crime perpetrated by British Subjects in Portugal...not Portugese suspects, German, Morrocan, etc.

Andy's either a total dolt, a paid mouth, or he's being disingenous. 

I personally think he's way smarter than he appears.  I'm very happy with his tactics, especially when he blew Tannerman out of the water with the same mild half smile.

What brings you to that assumption?

Estuarine

« Reply #2467 on: February 21, 2014, 03:23:45 PM »
The problem is that this poster is making so many statements that have already been discussed at length and shown to be false. I for on cant be bothered to cover the same ground again. If silly wants to believe things that are patently untrue then what the heck...it doesn't matter..

The cps don't have to travel to Portugal to have talks about investigating the McCanns ...the McCanns can be prosecuted in this country for serious crimes carried out abroad and certainly for fraud if the fund really was fraudulent. detectives could collect any necessary evidence in portugal

There you go again !. The posters screen name is Silkywhiskers; if you want to abbreviate it then Silky would be appropriate rather than silly which is rather inflammatory not to mention bad mannered.

Redblossom

« Reply #2468 on: February 21, 2014, 03:30:30 PM »
There you go again !. The posters screen name is Silkywhiskers; if you want to abbreviate it then Silky would be appropriate rather than silly which is rather inflammatory not to mention bad mannered.

Quite peurile too....I expect MR Davel wouldnt like his screenname to be changed to eg drivel

Well, if company directors of the No Stone Unturned Madeleine Fund do it, then some might get their lead and think its ok but it may have been a spelling mistake, both times

@)(++(*

Redblossom

« Reply #2469 on: February 21, 2014, 03:32:58 PM »

You didnt answer my first question, as for your answer to the second, sorry, try again

Lyall

« Reply #2470 on: February 21, 2014, 07:11:51 PM »
I'm not convinced, it was easy to say that the European judiciary assistance works this way.
And I'm not convinced as well that the radio audience is ignorant.
Perhaps 8(0(* because I never watch TV but adore (a certain, the best of the world) radio.

I just meant the British radio audience, and specifically 5Live. Radio 4 would be a better, more knowledgeable lot altogether 8)--))

Lyall

« Reply #2471 on: February 21, 2014, 07:16:01 PM »
I hadn't seen your comment when I posted, but that's my impression as well.

8((()*/

I think some people may be thinking the Commissioner was completely up to date with everything the Met team has been doing. He may not have been, so was perhaps bluffing it a bit. I doubt Op Grange is anywhere near the most important issue on his list (he has a long, contentious list).

Sometimes we may take these little snippets and sound bites too seriously, or too literally. In this case the sound bites predominate.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 07:21:27 PM by Lyall »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2472 on: February 21, 2014, 07:17:18 PM »

having read the posts I think my abbreviation is spot on...still not convinced this poster is kosher
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 07:18:50 PM by davel »

Redblossom

« Reply #2473 on: February 21, 2014, 07:20:45 PM »
having read the posts I think my abbreviation is spot on...still not convinced this poster is kosher

Whatever you say Mr Drivel

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2474 on: February 21, 2014, 07:23:39 PM »
Whatever you say Mr Drivel

I'm thinking of changing my name ...any suggestions