Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1364756 times)

Offline VIXTE

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #2580 on: February 24, 2014, 11:06:17 PM »
Sir Bernard H-H stating that SY knows the names of the abductors was the most absurd statement that he could produce.

How can he explain that if they know who those alleged abductors are they haven't yet rescued the child?! What are they waiting for?

For the Portuguese to act?!  @)(++(* Come on.

RIDICULOUS

Yes, for the PJ to act..
Otherwise they have the other choice.. 'to leak' the names to the papers..  8)--))

Lyall

« Reply #2581 on: February 24, 2014, 11:14:33 PM »
Yes, for the PJ to act..
Otherwise they have the other choice.. 'to leak' the names to the papers..  8)--))

Pervert the course of justice you mean?

>@@(*&)

Naughty.

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #2582 on: February 24, 2014, 11:19:30 PM »
Pervert the course of justice you mean?

>@@(*&)

Naughty.

But imagine what that would cause. Some papers wouldn't mind being sued... And the internet is a powerful weapon.
The news would quickly go around the world..the damage would be enormous..

Lyall

« Reply #2583 on: February 24, 2014, 11:22:50 PM »
But imagine what that would cause. Some papers wouldn't mind being sued... And the internet is a powerful weapon.
The news would quickly go around the world..the damage would be enormous..

I doubt it because there's not many of you who believe it 8(0(*

Most people out there follow the case because they can't believe how absurd it's got, not because they believe the hype.

Silkywhiskers

« Reply #2584 on: February 24, 2014, 11:25:15 PM »

Most people out there follow the case because they can't believe how absurd it's got, not because they believe the hype.

I find it very worrying that the McCann has been able to whitewash themselves so effectively.

Or do I mean, censor criticism?

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #2585 on: February 24, 2014, 11:28:10 PM »

Most of the people in the world don't care.. and they believe their morning news and then forget about it..

But naming OC workers would make a mark in their mind and form a negative opinion.. all around the world.. I'd call it a marketing stamp..

I have seen it already.. I have a friend abroad who doesn't speak English and who doesn't follow Madeleine' case.
He emailed me once strongly believing Madeleine was taken by Monteiro.. and that was the only news he read about Madeleine in years, because their country usually doesn't report on Madeleine much..

I had to tell him there were many Monteiro's in this case.. but he did not believe me.. he believed his home paper story more than me.. and he still believes it..
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 11:32:31 PM by VIXTE »

Lyall

« Reply #2586 on: February 24, 2014, 11:31:22 PM »
Most of the people in the world don't care.. and they believe their morning news and then forget about it..

But naming OC workers would make a mark in their mind and form a negative opinion.. all around the world.. I'd call it a marketing stamp..

>@@(*&) You'll be in the dock yourself too if you're not careful @)(++(*

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #2587 on: February 24, 2014, 11:33:56 PM »
>@@(*&) You'll be in the dock yourself too if you're not careful @)(++(*

I am just explaining the principles of media and how the news travel..

Lyall

« Reply #2588 on: February 24, 2014, 11:42:00 PM »

I have seen it already.. I have a friend abroad who doesn't speak English and who doesn't follow Madeleine' case.
He emailed me once strongly believing Madeleine was taken by Monteiro.. and that was the only news he read about Madeleine in years, because their country usually doesn't report on Madeleine much..

I had to tell him there were many Monteiro's in this case.. but he did not believe me.. he believed his home paper story more than me.. and he still believes it..

Why are you surprised at your friend? Every time a tabloid puts a story on the front page you believe it.

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #2589 on: February 24, 2014, 11:46:09 PM »
Why are you surprised at your friend? Every time a tabloid puts a story on the front page you believe it.

No, I don't believe it every time. I followed this case intensively for 7 years.. there are rare articles I haven't read to the single detail.. and I have a strong memory about this case.. so I know how to distinguish between a made up new and a real news..
The three OC workers IMO are not a made up news.. and even Scotland Yards boss confirmed they have names..

Lyall

« Reply #2590 on: February 25, 2014, 12:00:38 AM »
No, I don't believe it every time. I followed this case intensively for 7 years.. there are rare articles I haven't read to the single detail.. and I have a strong memory about this case.. so I know how to distinguish between a made up new and a real news..
The three OC workers IMO are not a made up news.. and even Scotland Yards boss confirmed they have names..

But have they got any evidence? >@@(*&)

You seem to believe the hype about the two forces not getting on with each other, but what evidence do you have that suggests that isn't just a made up story?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #2591 on: February 25, 2014, 12:09:11 AM »
.....The three OC workers IMO are not a made up news.. and even Scotland Yards boss confirmed they have names..
But SY have never said that their 3 suspects are OC employees.

Silkywhiskers

« Reply #2592 on: February 25, 2014, 12:23:35 AM »
Yes let's sit back and contemplate -

SY have confirmed -

They have names, and those names appear to be British
The investigation is "fast moving"
The CPS have sent letters to Portugal which did NOT request interviews or arrests (again, indicates the investigation is against British subjects)
It could be murder and if it is, it is no longer "sad" (perhaps vile? Incomprehensible?)

The above tends to completely rule out the suspects being Portugese residents or citizens which in turn makes me wonder - who on earth can be the focus of these "rapidly moving" events?

-- comment removed  / libel --

« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 12:59:52 AM by Sherlock Holmes »

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #2593 on: February 25, 2014, 12:29:31 AM »
But have they got any evidence? >@@(*&)

You seem to believe the hype about the two forces not getting on with each other, but what evidence do you have that suggests that isn't just a made up story?

I think if the PJ doesn't act then the SY has no other option but to publish their findings.. they will have to do some conclusion to their findings.. this is not going to be 'secret' for ever.

Lyall

« Reply #2594 on: February 25, 2014, 01:05:50 AM »
I think if the PJ doesn't act then the SY has no other option but to publish their findings.. they will have to do some conclusion to their findings.. this is not going to be 'secret' for ever.

PJ can only act if there's evidence. The imaginations of Jerry Lawton, Tom Pettifor and James Murray don't count.

Wait and see what happens, but whatever it is I doubt it's going to be quick.