Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1364665 times)

Offline Wonderfulspam

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #2685 on: March 11, 2014, 02:39:20 PM »

I disagree that Mitchells job is to keep Madeleine in the newspapers at all costs.  IMO he is the McCanns spokesman and only speaks out when they have something to say.    They have said they are not going to comment on the case - and I believe that is exactly what they are doing. 
 @)(++(*

The McCanns must be appalled at any press articles which could damage relations between SY and the PT team as that is the last thing they want after waiting so long for the case to be re-opened. 
 @)(++(*

I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Carana

« Reply #2686 on: March 11, 2014, 04:26:15 PM »
The Press are bound by rules of conduct.  They have to source their stories and have them corroborated where credibility is a concern.  

The McCanns operate a publicity operation headed by Mr Mitchell.  His job is to keep Madeleine in the newspapers at all costs and to troubleshoot any awkward situations which arise with the Press like the Sunday Times article in October.

Publicity is the last resource available to them given the drastic fall in income to the fund so milking it will always be a priority.  The outcome of the libel trial in Lisbon might change all this of course.

Erm... Tabloid hacks admitted at the Leveson inquiry that they made things up or embellished their stories as there was virtually no news to report on, but they still had to file their copy.

Offline John

« Reply #2687 on: March 11, 2014, 04:30:54 PM »
I disagree that Mitchells job is to keep Madeleine in the newspapers at all costs.  IMO he is the McCanns spokesman and only speaks out when they have something to say.    They have said they are not going to comment on the case - and I believe that is exactly what they are doing.   

With regard to the Times article - it's quite clear that didn't come from the McCanns and IMO the apology and retraction which followed was probably as a result of a word from their solicitors - as what they printed was not true and that is why it was retracted and an apology issued.

The McCanns must be appalled at any press articles which could damage relations between SY and the PT team as that is the last thing they want after waiting so long for the case to be re-opened. 

The fund has nothing to do with it IMO.   And anyway most of the money in there is now probably what Kate has put in from the sale of her book.   So it's their own money.

The McCanns are by no means poor - and certainly wouldn't need the fund to pay for their lifestyle imo, which shows no signs of extravagant living - and in fact does not appear to have changed in any significant way materially since before Madeleine disappeared.

If the Press had to name their sources I think you would find a dearth of articles about the McCanns.

The idea that newspapers are being 'controlled 'in any way by the McCanns via C. Mitchell is pure nonsense IMO     If that was the case they would not be in favour of the Leveson recommendations - as they would not want to change such a powerful position.    And the idea of hard-nosed newspaper owners/editors sitting around meekly waiting for 'permission' to publish from the McCanns is equally daft IMO.

I thought Clarry was their communications spokesman?   Could be wrong though   >@@(*&)
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2688 on: March 11, 2014, 09:42:21 PM »

I thought Clarry was their communications spokesman?   Could be wrong though   >@@(*&)

I dont think even Clarrie can control everything in the press

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #2689 on: March 19, 2014, 05:52:58 PM »
Sky has reported from the NSY that currently there are 277 requests that SY has asked from PJ and they are all unsolved.

Offline John

« Reply #2690 on: March 21, 2014, 02:38:12 PM »
CMTV commentator Francisco Moita Flores says the alleged rapist being sought is 'just propaganda' and adds that Scotland Yard should not attach such importance to vague data.

Video
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 02:40:17 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline jassi

« Reply #2691 on: March 21, 2014, 02:46:58 PM »
Sky has reported from the NSY that currently there are 277 requests that SY has asked from PJ and they are all unsolved.

Perhaps SY are trying to wear the PJ down  @)(++(*

I wonder how many, if any, will turn out to be of any relevance?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2692 on: March 21, 2014, 06:49:38 PM »
CMTV commentator Francisco Moita Flores says the alleged rapist being sought is 'just propaganda' and adds that Scotland Yard should not attach such importance to vague data.

Video

Is he amarals close fiend...so no surprise then

Estuarine

« Reply #2693 on: March 21, 2014, 07:19:36 PM »
This is worth a read. Note the time frame CPS quote as to be expected for a response.
It is also worth noting the constraints on issuing an ILOR.
The idea of all the links I post is that people read from alpha to omega not just til they find a bit they like.
It requires an attention span though!

http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/l_to_o/obtaining_evidence_and_information_from_abroad/
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 07:36:33 PM by Estuarine »

Offline Anna

« Reply #2694 on: March 21, 2014, 08:13:15 PM »
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #2695 on: March 21, 2014, 09:56:10 PM »
So the Portuguese think it was Euclide who committed these child sex crimes?

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/370720/Sex-beast-in-Madeleine-McCann-case-dead-Police-identify-prime-suspect

Apparently.

According to the article, they went as far as to arrest him, but were forced to release him due to lack of evidence.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2696 on: March 21, 2014, 10:00:58 PM »
This is worth a read. Note the time frame CPS quote as to be expected for a response.
It is also worth noting the constraints on issuing an ILOR.
The idea of all the links I post is that people read from alpha to omega not just til they find a bit they like.
It requires an attention span though!

http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/l_to_o/obtaining_evidence_and_information_from_abroad/

just to get this clear..are you suggesting the CPS have issued a ILOR in order to interview the McCanns

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #2697 on: March 21, 2014, 10:01:12 PM »
Apparently.

According to the article, they went as far as to arrest him, but were forced to release him due to lack of evidence.

Euclide Monteiro died in 2009.  A sexual abuse  was reported in 2010.

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #2698 on: March 22, 2014, 01:10:14 AM »
Euclide Monteiro died in 2009.  A sexual abuse  was reported in 2010.

Oh, I see. The article that Anna links says however that he was arrested.

Perhaps that was a previous charge?

Offline Carana

« Reply #2699 on: March 22, 2014, 10:06:29 AM »
Apparently.

Erm

A source said: “All the cases mentioned were investigated by us here. Monteiro was arrested but freed because of lack of evidence.’’

A bit further on:

A local source said: ‘“He is the main suspect for the incidents involving the girls on holiday and was questioned but there was insufficient evidence.”

Which is it?

Mr and Mrs A. Source have said rather a lot over the past seven years...

Was his DNA checked?