Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1364702 times)

icabodcrane

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #3090 on: May 11, 2014, 02:47:20 AM »
Those are the words of a Star writer who would have got them IMO from some PR peep, they are not the words of the PJ.
IMO the PJ (like the SY who are helping them) would consider a local location to be most likely.

This 'digging up the resort'  came as a bolt from the blue though,  didn't it   ? 

I mean there was not even a  hint   of it beforehand

It looks like  both police forces are focussed on looking for a dead body now ...  for whatever reason

Offline pegasus

« Reply #3091 on: May 11, 2014, 03:42:44 AM »
This 'digging up the resort'  came as a bolt from the blue though,  didn't it   ? 

It looks like  both police forces are focussed on looking for a dead body now ...  for whatever reason
Yes agreed it is a bolt from the blue.
And credit to AR, seems he is is seriously trying to crack this case.

Silkywhiskers

« Reply #3092 on: May 11, 2014, 03:42:53 AM »

Oh yes all those "meetings" where SY and the PJ "fell out" and "disagreed".

All I saw was Andy and co skipping into the PJ HQ in Faro, and skipping out again 3 hours later.

A three hour meeting ending with handshakes and smiles has NEVER been the sign of a major disagreement.

SY and the PJ have been working together for a few years now.

I don't know why more people don't acknowledge that. 

All reports of "differences" between the forces come from Team McCann.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3093 on: May 11, 2014, 08:43:01 AM »

Because it is highly probable that Maddie is deceased

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #3094 on: May 11, 2014, 12:15:13 PM »
Because it is highly probable that Maddie is deceased

I don't agree. She is probably as alive as she is deceased.

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #3095 on: May 11, 2014, 12:18:50 PM »
Just been reading a similar story from a different Portuguese source.

First thing that came to mind was ~ why are the Portuguese police being allowed to leak to the Portuguese gutter press ~ but if NSY hold official briefings the investigation will be called off?

Second thing was puzzlement as to why this foreigner would take a body out of Portugal ~ a living child, yes ~ but a body ??

It has reinforced my opinion that NSY were not expected to accept the permission to dig.

It is giving me pause for thought that there are powerful elements in Portugal who wish this investigation to cease.

It is giving me renewed confidence that Madeleine McCann is alive ~ and that someone definitely does not want the search for her to proceed.

Yes, that is the question: Why Portuguese media is 'allowed' to publish leaked from PJ stories and UK media is not?

And this statement from PJ about Madeleine being taken out of Portugal by a foreigner goes hand in hand with all of the Worldwide sightings of Madeleine?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #3096 on: May 12, 2014, 12:31:14 AM »
A small headline on today's The Sun front page
"Maddie: rapist is quizzed"

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #3097 on: May 12, 2014, 12:35:54 AM »

Madeleine McCann resort dig gets the go-ahead

THIS is the wasteland where police are expected to start a renewed search for clues about Madeleine McCann’s disappearance.

A judge has given the go-ahead for officers to scour the area with high-tech radar equipment.

It is just 100 yards from the apartment from which the then three-year-old vanished in May 2007 while her doctor parents Kate, 46, and Gerry, 45, were dining nearby.

The couple are today expected to light candles and say prayers at a small party to mark Madeleine’s 11th birthday.

Sources said the “field operation” will begin in the Portuguese holiday resort of Praia da Luz within days.

The first area to be examined is one the size of three football pitches across the road from the Ocean Club resort where the McCanns were staying when Madeleine disappeared.

Holiday flats funded by Irish investors were going to be built on the land until the economic crisis forced the project’s cancellation.

Land near the resort’s Our Lady of the Light Church – where the McCanns prayed for Madeleine’s safe return – is also expected to be examined.

Yesterday Brit Nancy Thompson, who runs The Bull pub in Praia da Luz, said she fears the town will become a “circus”.

She said: “Why didn’t they do this at the time?

"Why are they going to do it when tourists are here?

“It will be like a circus town.

"I just can’t believe they are going to do that.”

Mayor Victor Mata said if locals had spotted anything suspicious since Madeleine vanished they would have reported it.

“We’re here every day,” he said.

“If we had the slightest doubt we would have told police.”

Some residents have complained at the effort being put into the search compared to that for local worker Ricardo Fernandes, who disappeared in April.

Madeleine’s parents continue to believe she will be found alive.

In a BBC interview Kate sent a message, pledging: “We love you and we’re waiting for you and we’re never going to give up.”

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/378435/Madeleine-McCann-resort-dig-gets-the-go-ahead
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #3098 on: May 12, 2014, 12:38:38 AM »
A small headline on today's The Sun front page
"Maddie: rapist is quizzed"

It's in the Mirror n'all.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-parents-face-heartbreaking-3529592

Silkywhiskers

« Reply #3099 on: May 12, 2014, 12:44:42 AM »
It's in the Mirror n'all.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-parents-face-heartbreaking-3529592

The most important part of the article (and likely, the only accurate part) -

Thousands of calls have been made to Scotland Yard’s Operation Grange team over the disappearance of three-year-old Maddie on a holiday in Praia da Luz, Portugal.

A spokesman said: “We will not be providing a running commentary.”

Implying that the race is still being run, but the finish line is within view.

We will provide commentary AFTERWARDS.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-parents-face-heartbreaking-3529592#ixzz31SBjhmsj
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Offline pegasus

Offline Air Con

« Reply #3101 on: May 12, 2014, 10:24:00 PM »
Police can question , charge and try people in this country for serious crimes committed abroad. They could also investigate the fund which would be serious fraud if the mccanns are not innocent

Only if requested to do so by the investigating country. The current investigation in the UK doesn't give that authority.

What is this serious fraud of the fund you mention?

Offline Mr Moderator

« Reply #3102 on: May 12, 2014, 11:00:08 PM »
Georadar used in the King Ghob case may be used in the search for Madeleine McCann.

The Judiciary Police georadar used to search for the bodies of three victims of 'King Ghob' in 2010, could be used in searches requested by British authorities to try to locate the body of Madeleine McCann, who would today 11 years. The unit is ready to capture images of the subsurface and has been used in several cases to search for corpses or weapons used in crimes that have been buried. The decision is subject to the National Directorate of the PJ, which is assessing the means that will be used in searches and permitted investigators from Scotland Yard to assist the investigation. According to British media revealed yesterday, Kate and Gerry have asked Scotland Yard to delay the searches in Praia da Luz, Lagos, to be held just after the anniversary of Maddie, to be a sad day for the family. The English child disappeared on 3rd May 2007, a few days before her fourth birthday, from the room where she was sleeping with her twin siblings.

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&sandbox=0&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://www.cmjornal.xl.pt/detalhe/noticias/nacional/portugal/radar-do-caso-ghob-na-busca-por-madeleine&usg=ALkJrhiZaht2ASeLnHLjbDMXNv4JZJMWIw
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 10:02:48 AM by Mr Moderator »

Offline Mr Moderator

« Reply #3103 on: May 13, 2014, 10:06:50 AM »
Madeleine birthday brings more news

As Kate and Gerry McCann woke up to the 11th birthday of their missing daughter Madeleine, news reports brought new twists in the high-profile seven-year investigation. The first is that Scotland Yard detectives have quizzed a 68-year-old convicted paedophile in his prison cell, reportedly about a cleaning business he ran in the Algarve at the time Madeleine went missing. Anthony Woodhouse is reported to have spent more than 10 years on the run in Portugal after raping a 14-year-old who subsequently became pregnant. After being grilled for over two hours by Met police, Woodhouse is understood to have been taunted by prison inmates chanting “Give her back”. As this latest twist in the long-running saga hit the British tabloids, Portugal’s equivalent, the Correio da Manhã, revealed that the PJ police have sanctioned the Met’s request for searches of various sites in Praia da Luz, but has not yet decided “whether the means to be used will be exclusively English”. Scotland Yard wants to use geo-radar and sniffer dogs, as well as British forensic teams, writes Sol website. But the decision is in the hands of the PJ, which also has radar, bought four years ago, able to capture images in the subsoil. The radar has already been used in a number of cases, including during searches for the bodies of the victims of ‘King Ghob’, adds Sol (Francisco Leitão, a.k.a. Rei Ghob is currently serving 25 years for the murders of four young Portuguese). “If the geo-radar detects something suspicious, digging will follow,” Sol affirms. “The objective is to find Madeleine’s body or other clues, like items of clothing or weapons.” Nonetheless, the news site contends that the PJ has already done a thorough search of all these sites and come up empty-handed. Meanwhile, TV commentator and critic Eduardo Cintra Torres has criticised the Madeleine razzmatazz that seems to have been stirred up by Scotland Yard in the past week. Talking on CMTV, Torres claims that Madeleine cop DCI Andy Redwood needs a psychological evaluation. “I look at him, and I just think ‘this man wants to appear on TV’,” Torres told CMTV news anchor João Ferreira. “With so many children disappearing in England, did he choose the Madeleine case because he would appear on television? “Why are the Portuguese police being subservient to this mockery?” He added. “We need to ask, what exactly is going on? This is all just ridiculous. Just a way of showing off.” Torres’ contentions have been echoed elsewhere with critics suggesting the British police are trying to justify the millions spent so far by Operation Grange in the search for Madeleine’s alleged abductor. Others have suggested it is an election ploy of the British government in the run-up to the European elections. Whatever the motivation, Torres claims it is “shameful for the Portuguese state to allow the mediatisation of an investigation that belongs to the Portuguese and not to the English. “If we tried to do the same in England, would they allow it?” He asked. “Of course not!” By NATASHA DONN news@algarveresident.com

www.portugalresident.com/madeleine-birthday-brings-more-news
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 10:09:36 AM by Mr Moderator »

Offline Wonderfulspam