Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1364797 times)

Offline jassi

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #3180 on: June 05, 2014, 09:34:52 PM »
I'm sure they'll find this sort of stuff. Linking it to Madeleine might be difficult.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Silkywhiskers

« Reply #3181 on: June 05, 2014, 09:38:58 PM »
I'm sure they'll find this sort of stuff. Linking it to Madeleine might be difficult.

Maybe, maybe not.

If "whatever" has been down a hole in the ground, that means it's been covered, untouched, for as long as it's been there.

Actually it could well be prime preservation conditions, dry and sheltered.

Offline Mr Moderator

« Reply #3182 on: June 05, 2014, 09:45:58 PM »
Police searching drains in Praia da Luz

Police searching an area of scrubland in Praia da Luz have begun looking inside drains for any clues about her disappearance.

At least three manhole covers were pulled up and mini cameras dropped into underground pipes, on the fourth day of the search by officers from Britain.

Sniffer dogs started hunting for evidence at first light, scouring areas within the police cordon that had not previously been explored.

Officers have also been using ground-penetrating radar to discover whether anything may be buried there.

The large search zone in the Portuguese resort lies on unused land, five minutes' walk from the holiday complex where the McCanns were staying in May 2007.

Officers had planned to search the area only until Friday but have asked authorities in Portugal for an extra week.

Tents have been put up at several locations, including one above a hole concealed by corrugated iron which was exposed on Tuesday when trees and shrubs were cut down.

Forensics officers dressed in white overalls were seen coming and going from the tents, pushing wheelbarrows around the site and using large sieves to sift through soil for clues.

Evidence bags were carried away as Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood, who is leading the investigation, looked on.

www.news.sky.com/story/1275873/mccanns-encouraged-by-new-madeleine-search
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 09:54:13 PM by Mr Moderator »

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #3183 on: June 05, 2014, 11:49:27 PM »
McCanns 'Encouraged' By New Madeleine Search
As sniffer dogs and forensics teams continue to hunt for clues in Praia da Luz, Madeleine's parents thank supporters.
8:02pm UK, Thursday 05 June 2014

By Tom Parmenter, Sky News Correspondent, in Praia da Luz
Kate and Gerry McCann say they are "encouraged by the progress" being made by search teams in Portugal close to where their daughter Madeleine went missing.

Writing on their Official Find Madeleine Campaign Facebook page, the couple said: "We are kept updated on the ongoing work in Portugal and are encouraged by the progress.

"Thank you for continuing to stand by us and supporting our efforts to get Madeleine home."
http://news.sky.com/story/1275873/mccanns-encouraged-by-new-madeleine-search

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3184 on: June 05, 2014, 11:56:53 PM »
McCanns 'Encouraged' By New Madeleine Search
As sniffer dogs and forensics teams continue to hunt for clues in Praia da Luz, Madeleine's parents thank supporters.
8:02pm UK, Thursday 05 June 2014

By Tom Parmenter, Sky News Correspondent, in Praia da Luz
Kate and Gerry McCann say they are "encouraged by the progress" being made by search teams in Portugal close to where their daughter Madeleine went missing.

Writing on their Official Find Madeleine Campaign Facebook page, the couple said: "We are kept updated on the ongoing work in Portugal and are encouraged by the progress.

"Thank you for continuing to stand by us and supporting our efforts to get Madeleine home."
http://news.sky.com/story/1275873/mccanns-encouraged-by-new-madeleine-search

Encouraged by the progress ?

Are they really that desperate to be seen to be ' in the loop' that they felt they had to release a statement of such breathtaking callousness ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline sadie

« Reply #3185 on: June 06, 2014, 12:29:29 AM »

Are they really that desperate to be seen to be ' in the loop' that they felt they had to release a statement of such breathtaking callousness ?
Whats callous about tghat Faith?

I cant see anything callous at all.  Sorry

Offline pegasus

« Reply #3186 on: June 06, 2014, 01:51:52 AM »
Mr Amaral is on Correio Da Manha front page

Offline pegasus

« Reply #3187 on: June 06, 2014, 01:58:09 AM »
Correio Da Manha front page -  rough translation -
"Gonçalo Amaral demolishes English investigation"

« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 02:37:43 AM by Mr Moderator »

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #3189 on: June 06, 2014, 09:37:42 AM »

Breathtaking callousness?  If you want to see some of that I suggest you take a look at the messages of "support" from the doubter community on this subject. 
How you see callousness in the words of the McCanns is quite beyond me.  Perhaps your judgment has been somewhat coloured by your antipathy towards the parents? 

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #3190 on: June 06, 2014, 04:26:15 PM »
Madeleine McCann latest: Met police to speak to eight potential suspects

Three convicted drug dealers are among the eight potential suspects to be spoken to by Scotland Yard detectives

By Fiona Govan, Praia da Luz2:29PM BST 06 Jun 2014

British police investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann have been given permission to interview eight possible suspects in Portugal.
Scotland Yard detectives will question the “persons of interest” they have identified during a review of the seven-year-old case.

The men wanted for questioning include three convicted drug dealers who are thought to have been involved in burglaries in the area around Praia da Luz in the days leading up to Madeleine’s disappearance.

Officers from Operation Grange sent a letter of request to Portuguese authorities earlier this year after identifying them from mobile phone records which showed the three men had made numerous calls to each other in the hours after the girl went missing on May 3, 2007.

Others on the list of possible suspects are thought to include former workers at the Ocean Club resort.

Portuguese judicial authorities had previously blocked requests to search the homes of possible suspects and examine their bank accounts but on Friday Portuguese national broadcaster RTP reported that the go ahead had now been given for those interviews to be conducted.

One theory being explored by British police is that Madeleine was taken from the holiday flat after waking during a burglary and that the panicked perpetrators then disposed of her body.
Local sources said the possible suspects would not be questioned until detailed ground searches on three areas of scrubland around the resort of Praia da Luz have been completed.
British police teams joined their Portuguese counterparts to begin the search of one scrubland area within the resort on Monday.
They have requested another seven days to complete their ground searches and are expected to extend their investigations to two other wasteland areas within the resort next week.
Scotland Yard refused to confirm or deny the next phase of investigations. “We will not provide a running commentary on the progress of an investigation.”
Yesterday, Kate and Gerry McCann said they were ''encouraged'' by the progress made by police as they search scrubland.
Writing on the Official Find Madeleine Campaign Facebook page, they thanked their followers for the support they have received as the methodical probe of land.
''We are being kept updated on the ongoing work in Portugal and are encouraged by the progress,'' the message said.
''Thank you for continuing to stand by us and supporting our efforts to get Madeleine home.''
It was signed off ''Gerry and Kate''. The McCanns, from Rothley in Leicestershire, have not travelled to Portugal where their daughter went missing in May 2007, aged three.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/10881339/Madeleine-McCann-latest-Met-police-to-speak-to-eight-potential-suspects.html
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 04:28:49 PM by VIXTE »

Offline Victoria

« Reply #3191 on: June 06, 2014, 04:28:09 PM »
Madeleine McCann latest: Met police to speak to eight potential suspects

Three convicted drug dealers are among the eight potential suspects to be spoken to by Scotland Yard detectives
Scotland Yard detectives work with sniffer dogs during the search for Madeleine McCann in Praia da Luz
Scotland Yard detectives work with sniffer dogs during the search for Madeleine McCann in Praia da Luz Photo: Rafael Marchante/Reuters

By Fiona Govan, Praia da Luz2:29PM BST 06 Jun 2014

British police investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann have been given permission to interview eight possible suspects in Portugal.
Scotland Yard detectives will question the “persons of interest” they have identified during a review of the seven-year-old case.

The men wanted for questioning include three convicted drug dealers who are thought to have been involved in burglaries in the area around Praia da Luz in the days leading up to Madeleine’s disappearance.

Officers from Operation Grange sent a letter of request to Portuguese authorities earlier this year after identifying them from mobile phone records which showed the three men had made numerous calls to each other in the hours after the girl went missing on May 3, 2007.

Others on the list of possible suspects are thought to include former workers at the Ocean Club resort.
Related Articles

Portuguese judicial authorities had previously blocked requests to search the homes of possible suspects and examine their bank accounts but on Friday Portuguese national broadcaster RTP reported that the go ahead had now been given for those interviews to be conducted.

One theory being explored by British police is that Madeleine was taken from the holiday flat after waking during a burglary and that the panicked perpetrators then disposed of her body.
Local sources said the possible suspects would not be questioned until detailed ground searches on three areas of scrubland around the resort of Praia da Luz have been completed.
British police teams joined their Portuguese counterparts to begin the search of one scrubland area within the resort on Monday.
They have requested another seven days to complete their ground searches and are expected to extend their investigations to two other wasteland areas within the resort next week.
Scotland Yard refused to confirm or deny the next phase of investigations. “We will not provide a running commentary on the progress of an investigation.”
Yesterday, Kate and Gerry McCann said they were ''encouraged'' by the progress made by police as they search scrubland.
Writing on the Official Find Madeleine Campaign Facebook page, they thanked their followers for the support they have received as the methodical probe of land.
''We are being kept updated on the ongoing work in Portugal and are encouraged by the progress,'' the message said.
''Thank you for continuing to stand by us and supporting our efforts to get Madeleine home.''
It was signed off ''Gerry and Kate''. The McCanns, from Rothley in Leicestershire, have not travelled to Portugal where their daughter went missing in May 2007, aged three.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/10881339/Madeleine-McCann-latest-Met-police-to-speak-to-eight-potential-suspects.html

Seems the Met's theories were substantial enough to convince Portuguese authorities to give them the go ahead. Jolly good.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #3192 on: June 06, 2014, 04:35:42 PM »

'One theory being explored by British police is that Madeleine was taken from the holiday flat after waking during a burglary and that the panicked perpetrators then disposed of her body.'

Oh I see, back to the burglars.

I thought it was the binman what dunnit?  Must be their other theory.

I wonder how many theories they have?

None that involve Kate & Gerry obviously.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Victoria

« Reply #3193 on: June 06, 2014, 04:42:21 PM »
'One theory being explored by British police is that Madeleine was taken from the holiday flat after waking during a burglary and that the panicked perpetrators then disposed of her body.'

Oh I see, back to the burglars.

I thought it was the binman what dunnit?  Must be their other theory.

I wonder how many theories they have?

None that involve Kate & Gerry obviously.

Their remit was to investigate as though the crime had happened in the UK. It would therefore have been procedure to look at the parents first, before doing anything else. They would have ruled the parents out before moving on to test other possibilities.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #3194 on: June 06, 2014, 04:52:43 PM »
Their remit was to investigate as though the crime had happened in the UK. It would therefore have been procedure to look at the parents first, before doing anything else. They would have ruled the parents out before moving on to test other possibilities.

Yes absolutely.

Kate, Gerry & all their tapas friends have been re interviewed & have cooperated fully with SY.

I bet they answered all questions put to them n'all, well over 48 for Kate, I imagine.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.