Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1364665 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #3330 on: June 24, 2014, 05:25:24 PM »
I never heard that one

Nor has anyone else.  Until Amaral made it up.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #3331 on: June 24, 2014, 05:29:18 PM »
Nor has anyone else.  Until Amaral made it up.
Just to clarify that what comes up in the CMTV program is a new witness, of whom Mr Amaral was unaware.
This witness was not invented by Mr Amaral, he is a real resident, interviewed by CMTV.
http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2014/06/maddies-disappearance-english-follow.html
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 05:51:09 PM by pegasus »

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #3332 on: June 24, 2014, 05:53:26 PM »
Just to clarify that what comes up in the CMTV program is a new witness, of whom Mr Amaral was unaware.
This witness was not invented by Mr Amaral, he is a real resident, interviewed by CMTV.
http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2014/06/maddies-disappearance-english-follow.html
CMTV is a trash news TV. Not the main Portuguese channel or SIC, is it?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3333 on: June 24, 2014, 06:19:15 PM »

Hmmm the Smith family statements weren't known at the time?  Dr Gerry McCann is capable of bi-location?   Perhaps these people should leave this case to the professionals.  They add nothing to it, except to evidence their own cupidity, bearing in mind they do get paid for these ramblings.

- CLIP -João Ferreira - Tânia Laranjo, you've been following this case from the start, for Correio da Manhã firstly and now for CMTV. These statements that we revealed to the viewers in tonight's special reportage [about the Portuguese fisherman and the female British tourist alleged sightings of Gerry McCann] that we showed earlier on, can they be considered of particular importance for the solution of this puzzle?

Tânia Laranjo - Like Gonçalo said, there were a series of statements that weren't known at the time, for example, the Smith family statements wasn't known at the time, that's the family that sees a man carrying a child in his arms, alleged to have been Gerry McCann, and who now, at this stage of the investigation, they [English police] say is a young man suspect of drug trafficking [e-fit released by Met in October 2013]. This is a new statement [fisherman sighting], what this man says is contrary to the statement that Gonçalo was speaking about [of the female British tourist], that is, it places the person that was sighted in an opposite direction, it places Gerry in the other side of Luz...
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #3334 on: June 24, 2014, 06:27:14 PM »
I bet the mobile technology and witness statements to support it can check up on every step of Gerry on that night and I am sure the SY as precise as they are have already and long time ago established this every step of Gerry and Kate for that night. They should have done this as the first step of their renewed investigation.

Martina

« Reply #3335 on: June 24, 2014, 06:30:12 PM »
I bet the mobile technology and witness statements to support it can check up on every step of Gerry on that night and I am sure the SY as precise as they are have already and long time ago established this every step of Gerry and Kate for that night. They should have done this as the first step of their renewed investigation.

Now why the SY should trace Kate and Gerry if they believe the McCanns are innocent? Mind you, the SY investigation is about finding Maddie, not clearing Kate and Gerry.

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #3336 on: June 24, 2014, 06:46:03 PM »
Now why the SY should trace Kate and Gerry if they believe the McCanns are innocent? Mind you, the SY investigation is about finding Maddie, not clearing Kate and Gerry.

Because they don't work in an old fashion Inspector Poirot way.. they follow the a calculated programme designed for any investigation.. a policy that is always applied. The first step of this policy would be to check the parents and people known to Madeleine. And I believe they did this.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #3337 on: June 24, 2014, 07:22:58 PM »
The next lines immediately after what Brietta posted above are

João Ferreira - "A statement which essentially speaks of seeing ****** about three hours later..."

Tânia Laranjo -"...and drunk".

Read the complete transcript at
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 07:25:20 PM by pegasus »

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #3338 on: June 24, 2014, 07:59:05 PM »
So a witness saw Gerry drunk 3 hours later at 1am and he didn't want to call the police  8-)(--)

The lost British witness who saw Gerry on the beach after 10pm interests me.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #3339 on: June 24, 2014, 08:04:52 PM »
So a witness saw Gerry drunk 3 hours later at 1am and he didn't want to call the police  8-)(--)

The lost British witness who saw Gerry on the beach after 10pm interests me.

I would look worse than drunk if my child was missing......I would probably look mad...
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 04:56:29 AM by John »

Offline pegasus

« Reply #3340 on: June 24, 2014, 08:12:15 PM »
I would look worse than drunk if my child was missing......I would probably look mad...
Yes but you wouldn't look drunk

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #3341 on: June 24, 2014, 08:16:47 PM »
GNR arrived just after 11pm. PJ at 1am.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #3342 on: June 25, 2014, 01:28:17 AM »

Unless they had their phones implanted it is of no evidential value.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #3343 on: June 25, 2014, 02:11:41 AM »
Unless they had their phones implanted it is of no evidential value.
With a child missing not having your phone on you would cause my suspicion.
Having a phone one would show all their steps.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #3344 on: June 25, 2014, 03:14:42 AM »
With a child missing not having your phone on you would cause my suspicion.
Having a phone one would show all their steps.

So how would you know if they had their phone or someone else did?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.