Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1364787 times)

Offline sadie

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #3885 on: November 12, 2014, 03:48:21 PM »
... and that is exactly where SY had to go to get to where they are in the investigation today.

I’m not sure the people about to be interviewed all live in PDL now and I’m not sure they all ever did.

The advantage anyone directly associated with or who has come into direct contact with Madeleine is that over seven years they will have had ample opportunity to remove all possible trace. 

For example, all clothing or bedding and anything with which Madeleine might have come into contact will have been destroyed. 
Similarly, any vehicle in which she may have been transported will either have been destroyed or forensically cleaned with carpets etc. being replaced.

It must have come as a shock when Madeleine’s parents’ unrelenting campaign to have her case reopened achieved the impossible success with SY taking up the case; this is the only time since Madeleine's disappearance they have had any cause for concern.   

I doubt very much if all the information SY have consists of phone pings. 

From the little information we have been given … I think they are in the process of building a strong case. 

If I were a guilty party I would be a very worried person indeed particularly as the press is printing conjecture, but for the first time, with the actual perpetrator/s as the focus.

I think you are right Brietta.  SY know who they are after, maybe already have him(?) and are trying to build a stronger case  .... and maybe find associates?

Time will tell.

Offline John

« Reply #3886 on: November 12, 2014, 05:27:03 PM »
I think you are right Brietta.  SY know who they are after, maybe already have him(?) and are trying to build a stronger case  .... and maybe find associates?

Time will tell.

I don't agree Sadie, the way I see it they haven't a baldy notion who did it and are simply trying to push hard enough to see what gives...typical police tactics really.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3887 on: November 12, 2014, 05:50:56 PM »
I don't agree Sadie, the way I see it they haven't a baldy notion who did it and are simply trying to push hard enough to see what gives...typical police tactics really.

Too late in the day for normal tactics to be used.

I don’t think they have gone in blind, John, they are after someone. 
If they hadn’t a clue or thought it was going to be too difficult to prove … they would have made their polite excuses and retired after reviewing the files.  It would have caused disappointment but no surprise.

No-one will have had a better appreciation than SY about what obstacles they would be up against with regard to working with a foreign force abroad and that probably any new forensic revelations would be nothing short of miraculous.

I think they have seen something in the files and have information worth pursuing … remember they have seen them all and HOLMES will have seen them all too ... there is also additional information which no-one but the McCanns and law enforcement know how all the sources intertwine. 
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #3888 on: November 12, 2014, 06:00:59 PM »
Why would the Portuguese police allow their own citizens to be made arguidos if the Met had absolutely no grounds whatsoever to interview them as part of the Madeleine investigation?

Offline Montclair

« Reply #3889 on: November 12, 2014, 06:53:28 PM »
Why would the Portuguese police allow their own citizens to be made arguidos if the Met had absolutely no grounds whatsoever to interview them as part of the Madeleine investigation?

If SY wants the PJ to ask these persons: "Did you kill Madeleine McCann and take her body away?", they would have to be made arguidos by law.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3890 on: November 12, 2014, 06:55:50 PM »
If SY intends on having the PJ asking these persons: "Did you kill Madeleine McCann and take her body away?", they would have to be made arguidos by law.

From what I have read the pj have to have evidence against suspects to make them arguido

ferryman

« Reply #3891 on: November 12, 2014, 07:04:30 PM »

I think that's a good question ...

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #3892 on: November 12, 2014, 11:14:03 PM »
If anyone does a runner it will have to be because they are guilty.  And where on earth would they run to?

@)(++(*
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3893 on: November 13, 2014, 10:07:30 AM »
I think it becomes more and more obvious with each leak to the press from a source close to the investigation that SY are in the process of collating that evidence ... or is their questioning of witnesses and suspects just a grand charade?

I think you have managed to convey that the McCann's and their friends left their children unattended while they ate their evening meals.

It is a failure they and their family are having to live with for the rest of their lives ... it is nothing to you.

It becomes clearer with each step forward the Met are making in the investigation into Madeleine's case ... just how inept the initial investigation really was ... and it was attitudes such as yours, framed by the prejudice of the investigators which allowed the perpetrator/s of this crime to laugh at the law for the past seven and a half years.

Hopefully that is coming to an end and the people who should have been questioned in greater depth in 2007 ... and the people who should have been questioned but were not in 2007 ... will be able to provide information which will lead to finding out what happened to Madeleine.

You will probably have noticed these people are resident in Portugal ... according to the press leaks are known to each other ... some have criminal records ... were in phone contact  ... were employees or former employees.

They are not known to Madeleine's parents or their friends.

The shocking thing is ... all this information was available in 2007 ... just no-one was interested in collating anything which did not implicate the Drs McCann.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 04:13:10 PM by John »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

stephen25000

« Reply #3894 on: November 13, 2014, 10:09:29 AM »
I think it becomes more and more obvious with each leak to the press from a source close to the investigation that SY are in the process of collating that evidence ... or is their questioning of witnesses and suspects just a grand charade?

I think you have managed to convey that the McCann's and their friends left their children unattended while they ate their evening meals.

It is a failure they and their family are having to live with for the rest of their lives ... it is nothing to you.

It becomes clearer with each step forward Met are making in the investigation into Madeleine's case ... just how inept the initial investigation really was ... and it was attitudes such as yours, framed by the prejudice of the investigators which allowed the perpetrator/s of this crime to laugh at the law for the past seven and a half years.

Hopefully that is coming to an end and the people who should have been questioned in greater depth in 2007 ... and the people who should have been questioned but were not in 2007 ... will be able to provide information which will lead to finding out what happened to Madeleine.

You will probably have noticed these people are resident in Portugal ... according the press leaks are known to each other ... some have criminal records ... were in phone contact  ... were employees or former employees.

They are not known to Madeleine's parents or their friends.

The shocking thing is ... all this information was available in 2007 ... just no-one was interested in collating anything which did not implicate the Drs McCann.

Wow, people talking to each other on mobiles.................

Evidence of abduction ???

P.S. It wasn't just eating, was it brietta ?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 10:12:04 AM by stephen25000 »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3895 on: November 13, 2014, 10:21:36 AM »
Wow, people talking to each other on mobiles.................

Evidence of abduction ???

I am perfectly at ease that SY are doing the job which should have been completed in 2007.

I sincerely hope it leads to the safe recovery of Madeleine McCann and if not, information about what happened to her.

I am not so blinded by hatred of her parents that I wish to excuse in any way the perpetrator/s of this crime against the person of a little girl who was only three at the time.

I want that person caught and dealt with and cannot understand the mentality of those who prefer to wallow in the discredited myths of the past which could have been constructed specifically to direct attention away from that person or persons, so successful have they been.

Offline jassi

« Reply #3896 on: November 13, 2014, 10:44:46 AM »
I am perfectly at ease that SY are doing the job which should have been completed in 2007.

I sincerely hope it leads to the safe recovery of Madeleine McCann and if not, information about what happened to her.

I am not so blinded by hatred of her parents that I wish to excuse in any way the perpetrator/s of this crime against the person of a little girl who was only three at the time.

I want that person caught and dealt with and cannot understand the mentality of those who prefer to wallow in the discredited myths of the past which could have been constructed specifically to direct attention away from that person or persons, so successful have they been.

I imagine that we pretty much all want that - we just differ as to who we think is guilty.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline sadie

« Reply #3897 on: November 13, 2014, 11:50:53 AM »
I would say that as yet, there doesn't appear to be  enough evidence to even identify an abductor
I think they know exactly who the abductor is, and now they have to gather evidence.

If it is my man "X" commisioning the abductors, he is an elite, and they will need massive irrevocable evidence to even think of charging him. 

Then they have to make sure that the Judge is not blackmailable, nor threatenable and that his bloodline is not from certain roots [Yep his origins could be very important,  bretheren / brotherhoods etc ]

.... cos it seems to me that something crooked has been going on in some of the cases we have heard about in PT ...  and you have to wonder why

Amnesty have shown concern.

Offline sadie

« Reply #3898 on: November 13, 2014, 11:54:38 AM »
And another fabulous post.  Well done Brietta  8@??)( 8@??)(

Offline Lace

« Reply #3899 on: November 13, 2014, 12:56:01 PM »
Yes,  well said Brietta  excellent post     8((()*/

I am amazed that Amaral didn't wonder how they got in to these apartments!!    He spent all that time showing how the lock on 5a wasn't damaged,  but didn't think 'hang on a minute perhaps this person had a key'.