Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1364790 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #4410 on: March 30, 2019, 10:20:34 PM »
Oh My.  That's a good one.
'I imagine it would have to be signed off by a doctor in an accidental death.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline misty

« Reply #4411 on: March 31, 2019, 12:45:05 AM »
As I now live in the same village of Portelas, just what would constitute proof that Senhor Monteiro is dead?

A photo of his gravestone?

Should I dig him up and check his DNA?

Perhaps I should go to Lagos GNR, which is responsible for Portelas, and check on records of tractor accidents?

*%87

Just for the record, I currently believe that Sr Monteiro was in Luz that night, but it had nothing to do with Madeleine.

&%%6

Back in 2013 I went through all the news reports for 2008-2010 related to tractor accidents/deaths. Despite there being various injuries/deaths reported &even news of an unmanned runaway tractor, I could not find anything relating to Monteiro or death of a Cape Verdean caused by a tractor. The online documents purportedly confirming  his presidential pardon in 1996 by Sampaio showed 2 different ages. Is his widow Luisa still living in Portelas?
IMO, though, had the PJ been able to pin this crime on a dead Cape Verdean & provided closure they would have done so post-haste.

Offline jassi

« Reply #4412 on: March 31, 2019, 09:30:18 AM »
Yet another round of speculation from the Daily Mail

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6868571/Are-police-abandon-Maddie-inquiry-No-new-leads-eight-years-no-new-leads.html

No official announcements from anywhere, other than  "officials last night admitted no decision on future funding has been made"

However -
"A well-placed source said the remaining handful of detectives have been carrying out ‘grunt work’ which includes tracking down and eliminating known sex offenders and finding possible witnesses rather than pursuing hard leads."

Is it true or just click bait? Watch this space  8)-)))

edit Just noticed  has been posted elsewhere, earlier.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #4413 on: March 31, 2019, 01:22:17 PM »
Back in 2013 I went through all the news reports for 2008-2010 related to tractor accidents/deaths. Despite there being various injuries/deaths reported &even news of an unmanned runaway tractor, I could not find anything relating to Monteiro or death of a Cape Verdean caused by a tractor. The online documents purportedly confirming  his presidential pardon in 1996 by Sampaio showed 2 different ages. Is his widow Luisa still living in Portelas?
IMO, though, had the PJ been able to pin this crime on a dead Cape Verdean & provided closure they would have done so post-haste.
OK, I haven't carried out your research, so the following is simply from my experience.

We get a fair number of tractor deaths in Portugal, mainly from the tractor overturning.  Reports of such deaths are not uncommon.  From memory, two people died on a motorbike on the EN125 while we were here, caused by running into the rear of a tractor.

I cannot say whether or not Luisa is still living here.  I have scrupulously avoided investigating anything thus far.  But I have got fed up waiting on OG to expire, so my hunting season opens tomorrow.

A thumbnail sketch of Euclides Monteiro goes as follows, for our guests.

It seems he was investigated for involvement in a set of night-time sexual assaults on the Algarve, before his death.  His DNA was tested, and found not to be a match.  His wife reputedly says he was never questioned about MBM.

Again allegedly, his mobile phone was in Luz on 3 May 2007.  Whilst his wife says it had been loaned out, but he was at home, composing poetry on his computer.

There are two typically Portuguese cafe/bars in Luz.  Phone traffic in one would vaguely place Sr Monteiro in the same half of Luz as Kate & Gerry.  In the other, it would rule him out.  If I can find out which one, I will at least know where I should be having discussions.

Newspapers reported that Sr Monteiro was a suspect in the Porto investigation.  DNA here works in quite a different way to the UK or US.  You are not permitted to cross-reference cases, until you have committed a serious crime AND a judge orders your DNA to be provided.  From memory, the first successful case was in 2012. 

The DNA database is also small.  When your sentence is finished, your DNA must be expunged from the database, by law.

What else?  The two digs of OG to the east of Luz were very close to the water processing plant.  After Sr Monteiro left the OC, he worked in the water treatment business.  He probably had keys for that plant. 

Make your own mind up.  Was OG investigating Sr Monteiro, or was it simply investigating 'anomalies' in the terrain?
What's up, old man?

Offline barrier

« Reply #4414 on: April 01, 2019, 08:18:09 AM »
OK, I haven't carried out your research, so the following is simply from my experience.

We get a fair number of tractor deaths in Portugal, mainly from the tractor overturning.  Reports of such deaths are not uncommon.  From memory, two people died on a motorbike on the EN125 while we were here, caused by running into the rear of a tractor.

I cannot say whether or not Luisa is still living here.  I have scrupulously avoided investigating anything thus far.  But I have got fed up waiting on OG to expire, so my hunting season opens tomorrow.

It seems he was investigated for involvement in a set of night-time sexual assaults on the Algarve, before his death.  His DNA was tested, and found not to be a match.  His wife reputedly says he was never questioned about MBM.

Again allegedly, his mobile phone was in Luz on 3 May 2007.  Whilst his wife says it had been loaned out, but he was at home, composing poetry on his computer.

There are two typically Portuguese cafe/bars in Luz.  Phone traffic in one would vaguely place Sr Monteiro in the same half of Luz as Kate & Gerry.  In the other, it would rule him out.  If I can find out which one, I will at least know where I should be having discussions.

Newspapers reported that Sr Monteiro was a suspect in the Porto investigation.  DNA here works in quite a different way to the UK or US.  You are not permitted to cross-reference cases, until you have committed a serious crime AND a judge orders your DNA to be provided.  From memory, the first successful case was in 2012. 

The DNA database is also small.  When your sentence is finished, your DNA must be expunged from the database, by law.

What else?  The two digs of OG to the east of Luz were very close to the water processing plant.  After Sr Monteiro left the OC, he worked in the water treatment business.  He probably had keys for that plant. 

Make your own mind up.  Was OG investigating Sr Monteiro, or was it simply investigating 'anomalies' in the terrain?

The perfect patsy,only he wasn't.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #4415 on: April 02, 2019, 04:53:12 PM »

There's another old one.  I lent my phone to someone else.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #4416 on: April 09, 2019, 01:52:24 PM »
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-47865361 Please read this, then come back, and I will relate why it pertains to the MBM case.

Done reading? Good, let's move on!

There are scenarios in which neither CCTV nor DNA can resolve which twin was involved.  This is the second one I know of where such evidence did not secure a conviction.

CCTV normally takes relatively poor images, quite hard for the police to work with.

DNA equally is only a 'killer' if you get the DNA of someone who claims to never have been on the scene.  And you can prove it is his/hers.  I suspect the UK trip to Coimbra with 2 DNA technicians in tow was to evaluate what was left over and what could be done with it.  But I am not an expert in DNA analysis.

Portugal respects privacy and freedom of individuals.

That means very limited CCTV, and in 2007, no DNA database.

That was the reality facing the PJ.  It is the reality facing OG.  I have no idea what the Porto PJ team are up to, but they will face the same barriers.
What's up, old man?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4417 on: April 09, 2019, 11:09:40 PM »
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-47865361 Please read this, then come back, and I will relate why it pertains to the MBM case.

Done reading? Good, let's move on!

There are scenarios in which neither CCTV nor DNA can resolve which twin was involved.  This is the second one I know of where such evidence did not secure a conviction.

CCTV normally takes relatively poor images, quite hard for the police to work with.

DNA equally is only a 'killer' if you get the DNA of someone who claims to never have been on the scene.  And you can prove it is his/hers.  I suspect the UK trip to Coimbra with 2 DNA technicians in tow was to evaluate what was left over and what could be done with it.  But I am not an expert in DNA analysis.

Portugal respects privacy and freedom of individuals.

That means very limited CCTV, and in 2007, no DNA database.

That was the reality facing the PJ.  It is the reality facing OG.  I have no idea what the Porto PJ team are up to, but they will face the same barriers.

It is indeed a problem. Without the living child, her remains or a confession their chances pf solving the case are extremely slim  in my opinion
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline barrier

« Reply #4418 on: May 02, 2019, 08:56:08 PM »
Wonder how many make a small team,lesss that 4? also I thought the funding was supposed to have been asked for earlier in the year.

https://news.sky.com/story/madeleine-mccann-police-request-more-funds-to-continue-investigation-into-disappearance-11709461

She said: "We have active lines of inquiries and I think the public would expect us to see those through.

"A very small team continues to work on this case with Portuguese colleagues and we have put in an application to the Home Office for further funding."
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 02:31:59 PM by Angelo222 »
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline barrier

« Reply #4419 on: May 03, 2019, 09:08:25 AM »
https://www.cmjornal.pt/exclusivos/detalhe/judiciaria-segue-nova-pista-do-rapto-de-maddie?ref=HP_Destaque

The above link is for the Correio da Manha which the Sun is claiming are running a story of a new suspect.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8968146/madeleine-mccann-cops-new-clue-suspect/

HOPE FOR MADDIE Madeleine McCann cops in Portugal are ‘probing NEW suspect’ as fresh clue offers hope for missing youngster

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #4420 on: May 03, 2019, 01:13:44 PM »
https://www.cmjornal.pt/exclusivos/detalhe/judiciaria-segue-nova-pista-do-rapto-de-maddie?ref=HP_Destaque

The above link is for the Correio da Manha which the Sun is claiming are running a story of a new suspect.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8968146/madeleine-mccann-cops-new-clue-suspect/

HOPE FOR MADDIE Madeleine McCann cops in Portugal are ‘probing NEW suspect’ as fresh clue offers hope for missing youngster

Joana Morais has accessed the CdM article and translated it into English at https://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2019/05/portuguese-judiciary-police-follows-new.html

This states that the evidence has been assessed by a tribunal in Portimão.

It also states that CMTV is running a special report tonight.

I have no idea if I can access CMTV, but it's not an issue.  My aural Portuguese is poor.  Your go to source for this is Joana Morais.  I reckon she will watch it, and provide an English summary.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 02:35:25 PM by Angelo222 »
What's up, old man?

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #4421 on: May 03, 2019, 02:33:48 PM »
Police investigating the 12-year-old mystery of Madeleine McCann’s disappearance are looking into a new suspect, according to media reports in Portugal.

Policia Judiciaria are said to be deploying more resources into the case of Madeleine, who was three years old when she went missing during a family holiday in the Algarve on May 3 2007.

Portuguese daily newspaper Correio da Manha claimed today: ‘Police are following new Maddie kidnap clues.

‘More inspectors are advancing an investigation into a new suspect.’

‘A new clue and a new suspect, which the PJ are trying to keep an absolute secret, has led to new resources being put in place to investigate the little girl’s whereabouts.’

The investigation into Madeleine was re-opened in Portugal in October 2013 when convicted burglar Euclides Monteiro was linked to the inquiry.

Police in Porto are said to be the ones looking into the new information.

The paper said the new line of inquiry did not focus on the McCanns.

There was no immediate official response in Portugal or the UK to the report.

Officials said while they may be nearer finding out what happened to Madeleine, there are ‘many doubts’ she is still alive.

Its release coincides with the 12th anniversary of Madeleine’s disappearance from the holiday apartment while her parents ate tapas nearby.

Today Kate and Gerry McCann vowed to carry on looking for their daughter ‘for as long as it takes’.

They will attend church near their home in Rothley, Leicestershire today to mark the sad anniversary.

They released a statement that said: ‘As much as we’d like to fast forward the first couple of weeks of May, there’s no getting around it.

‘The months and years roll by too quickly.

‘Madeleine will be sixteen this month. It’s impossible to put into words just how that makes us feel.

‘There is comfort and reassurance though in knowing that the investigation continues and many people around the world remain vigilant.’

Metropolitan Police chief Cressida Dick confirmed yesterday the force had applied for more money from the Home Office to continue its Operation Grange to search for Madeleine.

She said: ‘We have active lines of inquiries and I think the public would expect us to see those through.

‘A very small team continues to work on this case with Portuguese colleagues and we have put in an application to the Home Office for further funding.’

https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/03/new-suspect-in-madeleine-mccann-probe-as-police-near-to-knowing-what-happened-9398630/
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 02:37:45 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline John

« Reply #4422 on: May 03, 2019, 04:19:59 PM »
"Today Kate and Gerry McCann vowed to carry on looking for their daughter ‘for as long as it takes’."

https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/03/new-suspect-in-madeleine-mccann-probe-as-police-near-to-knowing-what-happened-9398630/

Brings a whole new meaning to the verb 'to look'.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4423 on: May 03, 2019, 05:17:20 PM »
Joana Morais has accessed the CdM article and translated it into English at https://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2019/05/portuguese-judiciary-police-follows-new.html

This states that the evidence has been assessed by a tribunal in Portimão.

It also states that CMTV is running a special report tonight.

I have no idea if I can access CMTV, but it's not an issue.  My aural Portuguese is poor.  Your go to source for this is Joana Morais.  I reckon she will watch it, and provide an English summary.

"I do believe their reporting since they have contacts in the PJ, as proven by the many accurate crime stories they publish not related to this case but also about this case, I just really don't believe that this line of investigation merits any credit.

In fact, it seems a bit coincidental the PJ team in Porto was silent for several years and now on the 12th anniversary, a bit to show off work, this new "very secretive" lead appears.

The reporting is also given credence by the fact that magistrate holding the process has not given permission for the media to access the process i.e. the case files, since they now pertain to an ongoing and active investigation and also by the Public Ministry aka Public Prosecutor's Office statement."     Joana Morais

Seems Joana is in a wee bit of a quandary if her comment above is anything to go by.
Can't get a clearer cite direct from the Portuguese investigators than ...

This scenario would remove the parents from the equation ...
The Public Prosecutor's Office confirms “active lines of investigation”

Which appears to be an abduction if the headline is to be believed ...
Judiciary follows new abduction lead in the Maddie case
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline jassi

« Reply #4424 on: May 03, 2019, 05:32:34 PM »
"I do believe their reporting since they have contacts in the PJ, as proven by the many accurate crime stories they publish not related to this case but also about this case, I just really don't believe that this line of investigation merits any credit.

In fact, it seems a bit coincidental the PJ team in Porto was silent for several years and now on the 12th anniversary, a bit to show off work, this new "very secretive" lead appears.

The reporting is also given credence by the fact that magistrate holding the process has not given permission for the media to access the process i.e. the case files, since they now pertain to an ongoing and active investigation and also by the Public Ministry aka Public Prosecutor's Office statement."     Joana Morais

Seems Joana is in a wee bit of a quandary if her comment above is anything to go by.
Can't get a clearer cite direct from the Portuguese investigators than ...

This scenario would remove the parents from the equation ...
The Public Prosecutor's Office confirms “active lines of investigation”

Which appears to be an abduction if the headline is to be believed ...
Judiciary follows new abduction lead in the Maddie case

Would seems to be the significant word.
Only if this new lead proves fruitful will the situation change.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future