Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1364777 times)

Offline barrier

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #4425 on: May 03, 2019, 05:41:00 PM »
From the PJ.

“Gabinete de imprensa [gabineteimprensa@pj.pt]
sexta-feira, 3 de Maio de 2019 1xxxx

Nota à Comunicação Social

Face a notícias vindas a público no dia de hoje e às inúmeras solicitações de esclarecimentos a propósito, por parte da comunicação social, informa-se o seguinte:

1. A investigação sobre o desaparecimento de uma criança inglesa, ocorrido na praia da Luz em 2007, continua em aberto, no âmbito de inquérito tutelado pelo Ministério Público de Portimão.

2. Esta investigação tem sido desenvolvida em articulação com autoridades internacionais, obdedecendo às regras de cooperação judiciária e policial, que as circunstâncias da situação justificam.

3. A Polícia Judiciária, no interesse da investigação, não considera oportuna a prestação de esclarecimentos adicionais.

Lisboa, 3 de Maio de 2019”

Translates to.

Press Office [gabineteimprensa@pj.pt]
Friday, May 3, 2019 1xxxx

Note to the Media

In light of news made public today and the countless requests for clarification about them by the media, the following is informed:

1. The investigation into the disappearance of an English child, which took place in praia da Luz 2007, remains open as part of an investigation under the supervision of the Public Ministry of Portimão.

2. This investigation has been carried out in liaison with international authorities, obeying the rules of judicial and police cooperation, justified by the circumstances of the situation.

3. In the interest of the investigation, the PJ does not consider opportune to provide additional clarifications.

Lisbon, May 3, 2019”

Mark Rowley:There are odd headlines and odd stories in newspapers on a regular basis and most of those are
nonsense.

Probably true the world over.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #4426 on: May 03, 2019, 06:15:51 PM »
If it is ever confirmed that Maddie was abducted from the street outside the McCanns holiday apartment then the emphasis shifts right back on them and their neglect.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4427 on: May 03, 2019, 06:21:04 PM »
If it is ever confirmed that Maddie was abducted from the street outside the McCanns holiday apartment then the emphasis shifts right back on them and their neglect.

I think that if the crime is solved it will be found that Madeleine was abducted from her bed ... what do you think they should do about "their neglect" ... it seems that short of opening their veins, some will never be able to move beyond it?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4428 on: May 03, 2019, 06:35:49 PM »
Joana Morais has accessed the CdM article and translated it into English at https://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2019/05/portuguese-judiciary-police-follows-new.html

This states that the evidence has been assessed by a tribunal in Portimão.

It also states that CMTV is running a special report tonight.

I have no idea if I can access CMTV, but it's not an issue.  My aural Portuguese is poor.  Your go to source for this is Joana Morais.  I reckon she will watch it, and provide an English summary.
Worrying times for those who have deluded themselves into believing the PJ have been doing sweet fa while the Met busies itself with building a case against the McCanns...
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4429 on: May 03, 2019, 06:36:22 PM »
Brings a whole new meaning to the verb 'to look'.
Spiteful.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline barrier

« Reply #4430 on: May 03, 2019, 06:45:03 PM »
Worrying times for those who have deluded themselves into believing the PJ have been doing sweet fa while the Met busies itself with building a case against the McCanns...

Is there any truth in it?
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4431 on: May 03, 2019, 07:07:57 PM »
Is there any truth in it?
Sounds like it to me if the highly esteemed Joana Morais is giving it credence. 

Offline barrier

« Reply #4432 on: May 03, 2019, 07:16:04 PM »
Sounds like it to me if the highly esteemed Joana Morais is giving it credence.

Has she commented.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4433 on: May 03, 2019, 07:21:08 PM »
Has she commented.

"I do believe their reporting since they have contacts in the PJ, as proven by the many accurate crime stories they publish not related to this case but also about this case, I just really don't believe that this line of investigation merits any credit.

In fact, it seems a bit coincidental the PJ team in Porto was silent for several years and now on the 12th anniversary, a bit to show off work, this new "very secretive" lead appears.

The reporting is also given credence by the fact that magistrate holding the process has not given permission for the media to access the process i.e. the case files, since they now pertain to an ongoing and active investigation and also by the Public Ministry aka Public Prosecutor's Office statement."     Joana Morais

Offline barrier

« Reply #4434 on: May 03, 2019, 07:24:03 PM »
"I do believe their reporting since they have contacts in the PJ, as proven by the many accurate crime stories they publish not related to this case but also about this case, I just really don't believe that this line of investigation merits any credit.

In fact, it seems a bit coincidental the PJ team in Porto was silent for several years and now on the 12th anniversary, a bit to show off work, this new "very secretive" lead appears.

The reporting is also given credence by the fact that magistrate holding the process has not given permission for the media to access the process i.e. the case files, since they now pertain to an ongoing and active investigation and also by the Public Ministry aka Public Prosecutor's Office statement."     Joana Morais

The reporting is what she gives credence to not the article.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4435 on: May 03, 2019, 08:04:16 PM »
Please explain the difference!

Offline barrier

« Reply #4436 on: May 03, 2019, 08:09:04 PM »

Please explain the difference!

Bolded.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4437 on: May 03, 2019, 08:18:33 PM »
Bolded.
Nope, I think you have got hold of the wrong end of the stick.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4438 on: May 04, 2019, 08:00:23 AM »
deleted.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #4439 on: May 19, 2019, 11:10:17 AM »
https://www.cmjornal.pt/mundo/detalhe/detetive-do-desaparecimento-de-maddie-acredita-que-raptor-vai-confessar-o-crime?ref=HP_PrimeirosDestaques

Jim Gamble, a leading detective who investigated the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, believes the abductor of the British girl, or a possible accomplice, will confess the crime.

The detective says that over the years and with the technological advance, the people who took Maddie will become increasingly nervous and, if there is an accomplice of the crime, the loyalty relationship between raptor and accomplice could change leading to the much sought after confession.

PUB
"I genuinely believe that timely or someone's awareness, or technological advances, will bring us to a height during my life where we will discover what happened to Madeleine," admits Gamble who led the first investigation into the girl's disappearance.

"If a raptor is involved, someone will have seen something. Someone will suspect something, perhaps personal loyalty, a relationship or something else. The fact that they may not have certainties may have caused them to keep their suspicions until now ", believes the inspector.

Jim Gamble says that over time someone, whether raptor, accomplice or someone who has seen something, will need to tell and that will be solved there.

Maddie disappeared at the age of just three years from her family's vacation apartment in Praia da Luz, Portugal, 12 years ago.
Despite the desperate search, the girl disappeared without a trace.

The researchers' main theory is that the child has been abducted by traffickers or predators. Another possible explanation is that Maddie was taken during a failed robbery.

It all seems to believe, with the latest statements by the detective, that investigators are close to finding out what happened to Maddie.

+++++

Please note, I have no certainty as to why this surfaced in yesterday's CdM.  It's not attributed to any author.  The article has a photo of Madeleine that I haven't seen before.
What's up, old man?