Author Topic: UK votes for #BrExit from the EU. 52% Leave - 48% Stay.  (Read 125238 times)

stephen25000

Re: UK votes for #BrExit from the EU. 52% Leave - 48% Stay.
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2016, 12:25:37 PM »
Union formed by the workers with leaders elected by the workers and with the aim of furthering worker's interests. Had they been able to achieve similar structures to those in Germany they may have been able to survive and protect our manufacturing industries.

I am well aware of that. However, successive UK governments have been eroding those rights.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2016, 12:27:10 PM »
Looking on the bright side it could provide work; anyone fancy a job rebuilding Hadrian's Wall?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline John

A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2016, 12:30:15 PM »
They will re-locate.

they will re locate....all the best doctors are off to australia

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2016, 12:31:58 PM »
Looking on the bright side it could provide work; anyone fancy a job rebuilding Hadrian's Wall?

I think there a a few gangs of Romanian and Lithuanian bricklayers looking for work.....

Offline John

« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2016, 12:50:37 PM »
This shake up was a long time coming.  I don't think even Gove, Johnson or Farage thought it would happen going by their comments last night as counting began.  The Labour Party leadership has certainly has had a rocket up them with Margaret Hodge MP and others now calling for Corbyn to go.

Not only have the electorate got rid of the EU but they have dumped Cameron and Corbyn too.  Who would have thought it?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 12:55:11 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2016, 01:30:17 PM »
This shake up was a long time coming.  I don't think even Gove, Johnson or Farage thought it would happen going by their comments last night as counting began.  The Labour Party leadership has certainly has had a rocket up them with Margaret Hodge MP and others now calling for Corbyn to go.

Not only have the electorate got rid of the EU but they have dumped Cameron and Corbyn too.  Who would have thought it?

A win win situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-GkwIRbLw8
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

stephen25000

« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2016, 01:53:49 PM »

So Spam, would you want Farage in government ?

...and you know what political 'party' he belonged to ?

Mind you he has no problems with Lithuanians.

8(0(* 8)--))

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2016, 02:10:40 PM »

So Spam, would you want Farage in government ?

...and you know what political 'party' he belonged to ?

Mind you he has no problems with Lithuanians.

8(0(* 8)--))

No, UKIP is neither extreme, nor intelligent enough for my liking.

I want the English Defence League, to help tackle Muslamic Infidel Extremism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjuNuqIev8M
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Myster

« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2016, 02:17:11 PM »
No, UKIP is neither extreme, nor intelligent enough for my liking.

I want the English Defence League, to help tackle Muslamic Infidel Extremism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjuNuqIev8M

You'd never believe that he's got a BA with Hons in Human Relations!  @)(++(*
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2016, 02:30:38 PM »

Well not quite. We are left with the little problem of observing their rules and standards if we wish to trade with them  CE marking and all that. Then of course not being a member of the EU any manufacturing company trading with them will need to have a quality control system approved by a Brussels NOBO or it's no deal and we will not enough clout to make them relax the requirements. Not when it can sourced from within the EU.
Try bunging a Category IV pressure vessel made from Indian or Chinese steel plate into the European Union, now that is a barrel of laughs I can tell you. 
Ten years time we will probably still be working to "Pressure Equipment Regulations 1999, which brings the Pressure Equipment Directive 97/23/EC into UK law" because having two standards to work to will be pointless and sorting it out will not be top of anyone's priority list. And that's but one. FK how many similar directives we will live with for similar reasons. Imagine how many laws enacting EU directives that will have to be repealed and how many new laws and standards will need to be written. Nah let's save ourselves the hassle and live the present [EU] ones....that will happen for sure.

I won't mention foreign non EU multinationals with head offices in UK because they think the UK is Europe. Well it sure as hell isn't now...................... &%+((£
Interesting times ahead and lots of "fmg I didn't think that would happen" from both sides I bet.. 8(0(*
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

stephen25000

« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2016, 02:43:11 PM »
Well not quite. We are left with the little problem of observing their rules and standards if we wish to trade with them  CE marking and all that. Then of course not being a member of the EU any manufacturing company trading with them will need to have a quality control system approved by a Brussels NOBO or it's no deal and we will not enough clout to make them relax the requirements. Not when it can sourced from within the EU.
Try bunging a Category IV pressure vessel made from Indian or Chinese steel plate into the European Union, now that is a barrel of laughs I can tell you. 
Ten years time we will probably still be working to "Pressure Equipment Regulations 1999, which brings the Pressure Equipment Directive 97/23/EC into UK law" because having two standards to work to will be pointless and sorting it out will not be top of anyone's priority list. And that's but one. FK how many similar directives we will live with for similar reasons. Imagine how many laws enacting EU directives that will have to be repealed and how many new laws and standards will need to be written. Nah let's save ourselves the hassle and live the present [EU] ones....that will happen for sure.

I won't mention foreign non EU multinationals with head offices in UK because they think the UK is Europe. Well it sure as hell isn't now...................... &%+((£
Interesting times ahead and lots of "fmg I didn't think that would happen" from both sides I bet.. 8(0(*

Now what will happen if the Multi-Nationals relocate to mainland Europe and/or stop investing in the UK ?

Now there's a tough question to answer.

Offline scipio_usmc

« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2016, 02:49:13 PM »
On a financial program they noted that in March Trump predicted Brexit would succeed. 
“...there are three classes of intellects: one which comprehends by itself; another which appreciates what others comprehend; and a third which neither comprehends by itself nor by the showing of others; the first is the most excellent, the second is good, the third is useless.”  Niccolò Machiavelli

Offline sadie

« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2016, 02:56:34 PM »
I'm sure you are. Scotland had their chance to leave and didn't take it. Are you imagining Northern Ireland going it alone or joining Eire? Dream on Sadie.

This changes everything as far as Scotland is concerned imo.

They liked the safety of being part of the UK that was * in *, rather than a rather insignificant little island with little power.

I agree NI is a rather different kettle of fish and might flounder rather on its own.