Author Topic: Hello :-)  (Read 1255 times)

Offline Amanda3266

Hello :-)
« on: February 04, 2014, 02:22:47 PM »
Just saying hello, I joined here after being advised to read the available case files about Jeremy Bamber. I was at a dinner party (get me....that sounds tres posh) where there was a discussion about miscarriages of justice and someone said that they felt JB was innocent.
I lived near to the area when the murders took place but have never read more than what was in the newspapers at the time. I am also aware that Jeremy has made a number of appeals against his conviction. So I wanted to read more, I initially found the JB forum and read some stuff there which was interesting and got me looking round the internet for more info.....and I found this site through that.

I have been reading both forums for some time now but never posted previously.....although I think I did have to register with the JB forum to read the case files.

From all I have read on both sites....I think this man is guilty, the evidence seems to suggest this beyond all reasonable doubt.  For me the main sticking point is the call which Nevill Bamber was alleged to have made to JB. If JB was telling the truth here then his sister was guilty but all evidence suggests that NB would not have been in any state to make a phone call due to his injuries. The evidence also shows that Sheila herself was too clean to have wandered anywhere after the first shot to her neck. She showed no sign of the struggle which NB evidently had with his assailant.

I suspect JB is a manipulative user of those he feels useful to his cause. Sadly I think he is exactly where he should be....behind bars.

Anyhow, still much to read.....perhaps it will change my mind but am doubtful.

I would hate to think of anyone serving the length of time JB has done if they were innocent. So far though I don't think he is.

Offline Sherlock Holmes

Re: Hello :-)
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 04:36:29 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Amanda!

Offline Myster

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 06:19:12 PM »
Just saying hello, I joined here after being advised to read the available case files about Jeremy Bamber. I was at a dinner party (get me....that sounds tres posh) where there was a discussion about miscarriages of justice and someone said that they felt JB was innocent.
I lived near to the area when the murders took place but have never read more than what was in the newspapers at the time. I am also aware that Jeremy has made a number of appeals against his conviction. So I wanted to read more, I initially found the JB forum and read some stuff there which was interesting and got me looking round the internet for more info.....and I found this site through that.

I have been reading both forums for some time now but never posted previously.....although I think I did have to register with the JB forum to read the case files.

From all I have read on both sites....I think this man is guilty, the evidence seems to suggest this beyond all reasonable doubt.  For me the main sticking point is the call which Nevill Bamber was alleged to have made to JB. If JB was telling the truth here then his sister was guilty but all evidence suggests that NB would not have been in any state to make a phone call due to his injuries. The evidence also shows that Sheila herself was too clean to have wandered anywhere after the first shot to her neck. She showed no sign of the struggle which NB evidently had with his assailant.

I suspect JB is a manipulative user of those he feels useful to his cause. Sadly I think he is exactly where he should be....behind bars.

Anyhow, still much to read.....perhaps it will change my mind but am doubtful.

I would hate to think of anyone serving the length of time JB has done if they were innocent. So far though I don't think he is.

Hello and welcome to the forum Amanda3266 !

For me the question of if and/or when a phone call was made by Nevill Bamber rests on whether you trust Colin Caffell's recollection of what Jeremy Bamber said at the cottage in front of Ann Eaton, a police officer and himself...

"At about 3.30am, he received a telephone call from his father, who had 'blurted out' quite clearly, "Sheila's gone berserk and she's got a gun!" Then the line went dead. At this point, Jeremy turned to the detective and said, so that everyone could hear, "I still feel that my father was already wounded at this point; I really feel that". He then went on to say something like, "He sounded very distressed, as if he had already been shot".

(In Search of the Rainbow's End, Colin Caffell)

This was only a few hours after the event when the memory was fresh to Jeremy Bamber. Surely he couldn't have been mistaken ? Was it not a deliberate lie to reinforce in everyone's mind that he was nowhere near WHF when the shooting took place ?   If Nevill had blurted anything out with those severely damaging mouth wounds, don't you think it would have been unintelligible, as Peter Vanezis stated, and not "quite clear(ly)" as Jeremy Bamber insisted ?

Not forgetting that the crime scene photo of the phone and worktop showed no sign of contamination, when one would have expected the surface and handset to be covered in sprayed blood had Nevill Bamber already been shot in the jaw in the main bedroom upstairs.

Although only hearsay, I suppose it depends on whether one believes Jeremy's account as opposed to Colin's interpretation of what was said.
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Amanda3266

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 07:21:09 PM »
Thank you, yes....still so much to read and take in. I was just a bit younger than JB at the time and remember disbelieving that anyone could do what he is alleged to have done.

Going to read through some of the other statements.....dont think 'Ive read anything which Colin Caffell said as yet.  Lots to take in still.

Offline Mr Moderator

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 09:31:41 PM »
A warm welcome to the forum Amanda.  I look forward to hearing the rest of your views on the case.  If there is anything you need to know about the case or are unsure about anything just ask.  Among our members we have a wealth of expertise on the Bamber case and have looked at just about every scenario.

Offline John

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2014, 08:10:05 PM »
A warm welcome Amanda.   I second what Mr M has posted, there is a wealth of knowledge on the forum in connection with the White House Farm murders, if you need any help just shout.   
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.