Author Topic: Luke Mitchell - Interview with Sky's James Matthews  (Read 40661 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: Luke Mitchell - Interview with Sky's James Matthews
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2021, 06:53:18 PM »
I have to say, I hadn't realised they had posed for pictures.

That’s because he didn’t as is obvious from the photographs. A reporter did tell Jodi’s mother that Luke had left flowers at the grave, an action that can only have been contrived to cause hurt and anger.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Mrs S

« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2021, 11:58:15 PM »
That’s because he didn’t as is obvious from the photographs. A reporter did tell Jodi’s mother that Luke had left flowers at the grave, an action that can only have been contrived to cause hurt and anger.
It wasn't the reporters actions that caused hurt and anger. Lukes arrogance and insensitivity by leaving the flowers was what caused the hurt and anger. His mother as an adult should've known this but obviously didn't care.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2021, 10:37:38 AM »
It wasn't the reporters actions that caused hurt and anger. Lukes arrogance and insensitivity by leaving the flowers was what caused the hurt and anger. His mother as an adult should've known this but obviously didn't care.

He really was damned if he did and damned if he didn’t, wasn’t he?

What is arrogant about leaving flowers? He respected the family’s wishes by not going to the funeral, and remember at that point, according to the law, he was innocent of any crime. The damage that that request by the family must have done to this child in his own community is incalculable. It does however show the family’s attitude to Luke at the time and how easy it must have been for the police to manipulate their recollections from what they said in their first statements to what they eventually said in court.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline John

« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2021, 10:50:17 AM »

What is arrogant about leaving flowers? He respected the family’s wishes by not going to the funeral, and remember at that point, according to the law, he was innocent of any crime. The damage that that request by the family must have done to this child in his own community is incalculable. It does however show the family’s attitude to Luke at the time and how easy it must have been for the police to manipulate their recollections from what they said in their first statements to what they eventually said in court.

I must agree with Mrs S. Corinne and Luke went to Jodi's grave after the funeral knowing full well that the media would be lurking. They didn't have to do that, they could have gone quietly later and paid their respects if that was what they truly intended.

The interview with Sky News' James Matthews whom Corinne referred to as, "that horrible little man" in the latest Ch5 documentary sort of backfired on Corinne too. She should have known better.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 11:24:29 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2021, 10:50:25 AM »

What about the damage Luke did to the family by murdering Jodi?  You're obviously certain he's 100% innocent.  What makes you so sure?  I'd love to know.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2021, 11:04:05 AM »
What about the damage Luke did to the family by murdering Jodi?  You're obviously certain he's 100% innocent.  What makes you so sure?  I'd love to know.

And what makes you  so sure he's guilty? The case doesn't seem at all clear cut to me.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2021, 11:05:43 AM »

Leaving flowers at his girlfriend's grave?  What on earth is arrogant and insensitive about that ? 

Offline John

« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2021, 11:20:28 AM »
Leaving flowers at his girlfriend's grave?  What on earth is arrogant and insensitive about that ?

If you are the main suspect in her murder it is.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2021, 11:21:45 AM »
And what makes you  so sure he's guilty? The case doesn't seem at all clear cut to me.
I am not 100% sure about his guilt or innocence and have said as much, therefore I don't make categoric statements such as
" The damage that that request by the family must have done to this child in his own community is incalculable".  If he is indeed guilty then why should the family be made to feel guilty about asking their child's murderer to stay away from the graveside?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2021, 11:23:14 AM »
So you suspect your loved one was murdered by their partner and you are quite OK with them attending the funeral or graveside to leave flowers are you?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2021, 11:48:48 AM »

He was unable to attend murdered Jodi's funeral for two reasons
  • his presence was not wanted and he had been asked to stay away
  • he was unable to attend because the timing would have clashed with his Sky news interview
He obviously had no intention of being left out of his big day and went to extraordinary lengths to make sure that the day of Jodi being left to rest was not about her ... it was all about him ... and he didn't give a fig about who he offended in the process

My opinion then and now is that shows a particular and peculiar mindset as far as convicted murderers are concerned.

For example Tobin kept a low profile and went to great lengths to hide his crimes and victims even to the extent of taking Vicky Hamilton's remains with him when he moved house and country.

Jodi's remains were exhibited and left on display and Mitchell was present (which was no accident) to observe her family when they saw the mess in which she had been left.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2021, 11:58:03 AM »

I think it amounted to sheer exhibitionism from which I think his mother should have attempted to dissuade him for all sorts of reasons rather than taking an active part.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2021, 08:27:08 PM »
I must agree with Mrs S. Corinne and Luke went to Jodi's grave after the funeral knowing full well that the media would be lurking. They didn't have to do that, they could have gone quietly later and paid their respects if that was what they truly intended.

The interview with Sky News' James Matthews whom Corinne referred to as, "that horrible little man" in the latest Ch5 documentary sort of backfired on Corinne too. She should have known better.

What time did Corrine and Luke go to the graveyard?

Do the press usually mooch around graveyards once funerals are over?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2021, 10:09:38 PM »
What time did Corrine and Luke go to the graveyard?

Do the press usually mooch around graveyards once funerals are over?
Good question.  Who took the photos if not the press, and who tipped them off that Luke and his mum were there...?

Offline John

« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2021, 12:18:46 AM »
Good question.  Who took the photos if not the press, and who tipped them off that Luke and his mum were there...?

The Press took the photos.  Anybody with a scintilla of commonsense would have scarpered the moment they saw reporters in the graveyard but not Corinne. They were loving it!