Author Topic: Luke Mitchell - Interview with Sky's James Matthews  (Read 40905 times)

Offline Nicholas

Re: Luke Mitchell - Interview with Sky's James Matthews
« Reply #120 on: August 26, 2021, 12:15:48 AM »
And what’s really been going on between Corinne Mitchell and Sandra Lean these past few years?
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #121 on: August 26, 2021, 12:21:12 AM »
So just to get this clear? The person convicted of this girls death, the murderer who was suspect at the time - put himself at the fore of media attention not once but twice on the day of her funeral?

Now you may have your doubts upon this conviction but as it stands that is exactly what he is, and exactly what he was at the time. You put a ? around this lad arriving home and letting his mother know what he had done? I too do that, I find it highly unlikely he told her exactly what he had done, we as parents find this hard to fathom, of giving help. Are you saying as a parent, you would have allowed your child to go ahead with being interviewed on the day of her funeral and furthered this with a visit to the grave, awash again with media. Standing smoking with your 15 - year old son at her grave whilst those cameras were upon you, even without them being there?  Or would you, as the majority of parents would have done, showed your respect privately? Honoured this girls life and death in a respectful private way, one that did not need the attention of the country, all eyes upon them?

No, surely not - which give insight does it not to exactly how their minds worked? And it does not show this meek, innocent lad doting on anyone, does it?  It shows a lad who really did not give a toss, did he? - and why should he have?

Corinne Mitchell
"Never once has anyone disrespected Jodi.
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #122 on: August 26, 2021, 12:38:42 AM »
Yes of course they were. That was to be expected. A circus implies it was a show, not genuine, for the cameras primarily, for an audience. I didn't see Jodi's funeral as a circus. The funeral itself and the mourners who attended the funeral I'm sure were all there for the right reasons. To mourn Jodi. However,  it would seem LM and CM attending Jodi's grave and giving Sky a televised interview on that day generated far more media coverage and for all the wrong reasons. Hence, the circus.

The funeral would always have been a circus, with or without the Mitchells.  The case sold too many papers for it to be anything else. Why the mourners were there had no effect on that. This was about newspaper sales. If the press had had any respect for the Jones family they would simply have stayed away.

As to the interview, Corrine claimed that she was told that the interview would not be shown on the day of the funeral and I have no reason to disbelieve her. Was she naive, of course but naivety, as far as I’m aware, isn’t a crime. The Mitchells respected Judith Jones’s request to stay away from the funeral. That they visited later when I suspect they thought there was less chance of a press presence, is to be commended not ridiculed. It was hardly the Mitchell’s fault that the press, disgracefully, used the visit to sell papers.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline John

« Reply #123 on: August 26, 2021, 02:00:19 AM »
The funeral would always have been a circus, with or without the Mitchells.  The case sold too many papers for it to be anything else. Why the mourners were there had no effect on that. This was about newspaper sales. If the press had had any respect for the Jones family they would simply have stayed away.

As to the interview, Corrine claimed that she was told that the interview would not be shown on the day of the funeral and I have no reason to disbelieve her. Was she naive, of course but naivety, as far as I’m aware, isn’t a crime. The Mitchells respected Judith Jones’s request to stay away from the funeral. That they visited later when I suspect they thought there was less chance of a press presence, is to be commended not ridiculed. It was hardly the Mitchell’s fault that the press, disgracefully, used the visit to sell papers.

Do you think the press photographers were hiding in nearby bushes...not possible as the grave is way out in the middle of a very large cemetary. The Mitchells knew exactly what they were doing by allowing themselves to be photographed. If they really wanted to pay their respects they could have done so in the late evening, quietly and modestly. Shame on them indeed!
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline rulesapply

« Reply #124 on: August 26, 2021, 08:24:35 AM »

The funeral was not a circus. The press coverage CM and LM made sure they enjoyed on the day of Jodi's funeral was the circus. There isn't much else to say except their actions were appalling. What CM and LM did on the day of Jodi's funeral is generating more debate than the funeral itself even eighteen years on. They wanted to be the talking point, the centre of attention and because they achieved that in the most distasteful way, they still are.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #125 on: August 26, 2021, 10:18:29 AM »
The funeral was not a circus. The press coverage CM and LM made sure they enjoyed on the day of Jodi's funeral was the circus.

Agreed!

Around 15.48 here ➡️ https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J7eusTWVCEg
« Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 10:25:12 AM by Nicholas »

Offline rulesapply

« Reply #126 on: August 26, 2021, 11:13:01 AM »
Agreed!

Thanks. I just took a look at that. The Sky people wanted to "witness" the vigil? Maybe CM should have asked them to leave their cameras and sound equipment in the van then. If a "horrible little man" quizzed my child in his own home, the horrible little man's feet wouldn't touch the ground on his way out. Sky just happened to come to the door just as LM was about to light the vigil candles? Aye right! I've seen other videos where both CM and SL have said it was all pre arranged by phone. She's p****d off because it backfired IMO and who'd have thought????

Offline Parky41

« Reply #127 on: August 26, 2021, 11:34:50 AM »
Agreed!

It was set up and pre planned. Really, does this woman even know what truth means? That poem written, those candles  laid out, the man from Sky (?) did not just turn up at their door, and one said, "well yes actually, we are" come on in and share it with us. The media were being the media the Mitchells were being the Mitchells - plain and simple. What had he planned to do? Read the poem to his mother!!  - Poppycock and those bells just kept on jangling. He was making sure that he would be part of that day, nothing was going to stop Luke Mitchell. From the press would not leave us alone to inviting them into their home for their own purpose and gain. Used in equal measures. And as stated, they knew it was being aired, put out there and they still went up to the graveyard. On their arrival they knew yet again the press would be and were there and they intentionally danced to their tune, again using each other in equal measures. It suited and it fitted exactly what they intended - plain and simple.

They did not respectfully stay back - they had no choice. Attendance by police presence was controlled. They knew they would not get near so sought other means, as above. Does one really believe, that the Luke Mitchell who we know from the moment that girl was murdered, would simply conform to anything? No he would not. Even his first day back at school, he showed clear contempt for the system. He refused point blank to wear the school colours. It was his way or no way.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #128 on: August 26, 2021, 11:35:13 AM »
Thanks. I just took a look at that. The Sky people wanted to "witness" the vigil? Maybe CM should have asked them to leave their cameras and sound equipment in the van then. If a "horrible little man" quizzed my child in his own home, the horrible little man's feet wouldn't touch the ground on his way out. Sky just happened to come to the door just as LM was about to light the vigil candles? Aye right! I've seen other videos where both CM and SL have said it was all pre arranged by phone. She's p****d off because it backfired IMO and who'd have thought????

It did backfire and Corinne confirmed it backfired but this wasn’t the only interview Corinne and Luke Mitchell gave to the media - there were others

Remember the ‘I’m simply not a normal teenager’ by Grace McLean http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=487.msg541296#msg541296
« Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 11:39:10 AM by Nicholas »

Offline rulesapply

« Reply #129 on: August 26, 2021, 11:38:24 AM »
It did backfire and Corinne confirmed it backfired but this wasn’t the only interview Corinne and Luke Mitchell gave to the media.
Who else did they give an interview to?

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #130 on: August 26, 2021, 11:51:17 AM »
It was set up and pre planned. Really, does this woman even know what truth means? That poem written, those candles  laid out, the man from Sky (?) did not just turn up at their door, and one said, "well yes actually, we are" come on in and share it with us. The media were being the media the Mitchells were being the Mitchells - plain and simple. What had he planned to do? Read the poem to his mother!!  - Poppycock and those bells just kept on jangling. He was making sure that he would be part of that day, nothing was going to stop Luke Mitchell. From the press would not leave us alone to inviting them into their home for their own purpose and gain. Used in equal measures. And as stated, they knew it was being aired, put out there and they still went up to the graveyard. On their arrival they knew yet again the press would be and were there and they intentionally danced to their tune, again using each other in equal measures. It suited and it fitted exactly what they intended - plain and simple.

They did not respectfully stay back - they had no choice. Attendance by police presence was controlled. They knew they would not get near so sought other means, as above. Does one really believe, that the Luke Mitchell who we know from the moment that girl was murdered, would simply conform to anything? No he would not. Even his first day back at school, he showed clear contempt for the system. He refused point blank to wear the school colours. It was his way or no way.

The story became enormous’ ~ Neil McKay - lifting the killers sadistic and narcissistic ego

Offline rulesapply

« Reply #131 on: August 26, 2021, 11:52:45 AM »
It did backfire and Corinne confirmed it backfired but this wasn’t the only interview Corinne and Luke Mitchell gave to the media - there were others

Remember the ‘I’m simply not a normal teenager’ by Grace McLean http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=487.msg541296#msg541296
I think I do remember Grace Maclean. I believe she gave him a lift after the interview. Thanks.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #132 on: August 26, 2021, 11:53:39 AM »
From the press would not leave us alone to inviting them into their home for their own purpose and gain. Used in equal measures. And as stated, they knew it was being aired, put out there and they still went up to the graveyard. On their arrival they knew yet again the press would be and were there and they intentionally danced to their tune, again using each other in equal measures.

Totally!

Offline rulesapply

« Reply #133 on: August 26, 2021, 11:58:53 AM »
The story became enormous’ ~ Neil McKay - lifting the killers sadistic and narcissistic ego
Nicholas or Parky, do either of you know which came first, the Sky interview or the Mitchell photoshoot at Jodi's grave? Thanks.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #134 on: August 26, 2021, 12:03:42 PM »
I think I do remember Grace Maclean. I believe she gave him a lift after the interview. Thanks.

Also why did killer Luke Mitchell choose to take Laura to the cemetery

He said: 'The cops asked me about my relationship with Jodi's friend Laura.

They kept asking me about the Eminem song Kim, the song where he fantasises about killing his wife.

'They asked me about the follow- up song in which Eminem sings about the "two of us", meaning him and his daughter. They asked me about Laura and if I wanted it to be just the two of us and asked if that was why I killed Jodi

and what does Laurasay about all this today?

I’d like to hear from Laura

What does Laura make of it all

And when does killer Luke Mitchell mention the 2 girls called Kim?

And on what date did the police question him about the Kim he spoke to on the Saturday night?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 12:06:26 PM by Nicholas »