Author Topic: Does the Madeleine Fund have a moral obligation to transparency?  (Read 43347 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: Does the Madeleine Fund have a moral obligation to transparency?
« Reply #285 on: July 28, 2015, 07:39:03 PM »
Pull the other one.

Eek!

Could we stay on topic please.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #286 on: July 28, 2015, 07:43:28 PM »
Because we believe in justice and we can't stand bullies...that's why I post

Are you a 'we' or an 'I'? Just interested. Lack of bias? I think not. There is no bullying on this forum in case you hadn't noticed, so you may be in the wrong place. Anyway, these posts are off topic as we are discussing the transparency or otherwise of the Madeleine's Fund accounts.

Justice;
fairness, justness, fair play, fair-mindedness, equity, equitableness, even-handedness, egalitarianism, impartiality, impartialness, lack of bias, objectivity, neutrality, disinterestedness, lack of prejudice, open-mindedness, non-partisanship;

Bullying;

Bullying is the use of force, threat, or coercion to abuse, intimidate, or aggressively dominate others.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Admin

« Reply #287 on: July 28, 2015, 08:11:23 PM »
Rules of engagement please gentlemen.

Offline Carana

« Reply #288 on: July 28, 2015, 08:30:23 PM »
It wasn't 'an attempt' it was an acceptable level of detail to fulfill their promise of transparency. Which larger donors? There is no cost involved in adding a bit more detail, there is more work in collating the information under less detailed headings.

I agree that they provided less detail in subsequent years due to criticism. One newspaper calculated that a very small percentage of the income had been spent on search-related activities. That's the most likely reason why they broke their promise.

I remember that article in some PT tabloid rag. The costs involved in the awareness campaign, legal fees related to facilitating her rescue if she was found abroad, and whatever else, was not deemed to be money spent on "searching", apparently.