Author Topic: What sets the Maddie McCann case aside from that of Ben Needham or Mary Boyle?  (Read 4471 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Why don't we test it on our favourite social media platform?  I'll tell you what Dave, I will start a new thread and ask members to draft the tweet.

do you really think that would give an accurate picture of the public s view

Offline John

I think you are totally wrong...They were interviewed as official suspects because amaral et al thought the alerts confirmed maddie died in the apartment..they  didnt...total incompetence by the pj

I'm afraid you've missed the bigger picture.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Mr Gray

in what way...I dont think ive missed anything...I think the sceptics ahve misunderstood alot

Offline Mr Gray

thats your opinion stated as fact...it isnt fact...teh facts are...teh archiving report said there was no evidence of ny crime against the mccanns ...PDC said they are not suspects and there is no evidence against them....SY have said they have not been interviewed as suspects...sutton said they are not being investigated...all those facts are the bigger picture

Offline Mr Gray

The biggest difference would appear to be that the McCanns were formally interviewed as official suspects while the other parents weren't. IMO, refusing to answer police questions did them no favours in the police's eyes and later in the eyes of the press and public.

from wiki..
Ben Needham was staying with his family on the Greek island of Kos,[8] where his maternal grandparents had a home in the village of Iraklis, near Kos town. He went missing on 24 July 1991.

On the day of his disappearance Ben had been left in the care of his grandparents while his mother went to work at a local hotel. Ben had been coming in and out of a farmhouse the family were renovating when, at approximately 2:30 pm, the adults realised he had disappeared.[9]

The family first searched the area for Ben, assuming he had wandered off, or that the boy's teenage uncle, Stephen, had taken him out on his moped. When no trace of the boy was found, the police were notified. They initially questioned the Needhams, viewing them as suspects, which delayed notification of airports and docks.[10] Over the following 11 days, searches of the area were carried out by Hellenic Police, Hellenic Army and fire brigade personnel.[2] Nikolaos Dakouras, the island's chief of police, said: "We now believe we have searched every possible part of that area, and the boy is not there. It leaves us with a great mystery. We have no theories. We have no solutions."[11] Following a request from UK Prime Minister John Major, the Hellenic Army undertook further searches of the island in January 1993.[12]

Offline G-Unit

I believe Bens family were suspects, the family are, always, suspects in missing children cases.... It's quite normal

Not officially I think?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Erngath

Not officially I think?

Somewhere I have read  Kerry's recounting of her being interviewed by the police.
She didn't speak very highly of the police.
Perhaps someone can find a link.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Mr Gray

Not officially I think?

It was denied that the needhams were interviewed as suspects... I've shown they were... What us the difference  between official suoects and suspects... Sounds like, something  you have imagined

Offline slartibartfast

It was denied that the needhams were interviewed as suspects... I've shown they were... What us the difference  between official suoects and suspects... Sounds like, something  you have imagined

Shame the reference in the Wiki is behind a paywall.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Brietta

Shame the reference in the Wiki is behind a paywall.
The family were at first prime suspects and interrogated for hours by the police in Kos. In 1996, the police showed me the Needham file. There was no evidence lending credibility to the gossip ...
https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2013/apr/28/ben-needham-kerry-needham-interview
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Lace

The family were at first prime suspects and interrogated for hours by the police in Kos. In 1996, the police showed me the Needham file. There was no evidence lending credibility to the gossip ...
https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2013/apr/28/ben-needham-kerry-needham-interview

Child selling rings.   Say that about Madeleine and it gets laughed off.

I read Kerry's book and in it she said the Police were too afraid to investigate a Gypsy camp where she thought Ben could be.

Some things are so similar to the McCann's.    Kerry going out to have fun and being slagged off for it.  The McCann's get this sort of abuse.    How many times are Kate and Gerry showed smiling and the caption that they are so sad.   It makes me sick.  As if no one can smile if their child is missing.

The difference between these cases is definitely the internet.   The public able to follow the case and discuss it with others of different countries all over the world.

Offline Snowgirl

My understanding is that anyone can be interviewed as a suspect .
It’s when a person is charged that they become an “ official” suspect .

Offline Mr Gray

My understanding is that anyone can be interviewed as a suspect .
It’s when a person is charged that they become an “ official” suspect .

That's fine so the McCann's were never official suspects... Just suspects... As, were the Needhams
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 11:31:06 AM by Davel »

Offline faithlilly

That's fine so the McCann's were never official suspects... Just suspects... As, were the Needhams

What’s the difference between a suspect and an official suspect ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Mr Gray

What’s the difference between a suspect and an official suspect ?

I've already asked gunit the question after he suggested that there was, a difference... Both the McCann's and the Needhams were interviewed as, suspects.... Quite normal in a missing child case... I think the, reason why the, SY heirarchy did not want the McCann's interviewed under, caution was to avoid more unnecessary speculation... Nothing more than that