Author Topic: The McCann's Religion  (Read 2899 times)

Offline pathfinder73

Re: The McCann's Religion
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2018, 12:20:18 AM »
It depends what you mean by religious. She was brought up in the Catholic faith, went to Church on Sunday and attended Catholic schools. She seems to have accepted it but does that make her religious? Father Seddon was a priest who became a friend. Whether he visited as a priest or as a friend I don't know. He visited them in Amsterdam too.

Gerry's golf buddy, a friend.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline barrier

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2018, 06:57:09 AM »
Don't say that Rob. At least I admitted my error and apologised.  8(8-))
You'll get little if any thanks though,move on and learn.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2018, 08:50:07 AM »
Don't say that Rob. At least I admitted my error and apologised.  8(8-))
I'm usually joking.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2018, 09:06:18 AM »
I have a Facebook group that people with a religious tendency are welcome to join "The Lord Jesus - Search for Madeleine McCann"  where I try and relate revelation back to the file.  Its not the smallest of the McCann groups  but it is small and quiet.
One of the strangest things was that Kate's mother Susan Healy joined IIRC.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 09:41:52 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2018, 09:29:23 AM »
Gerry's golf buddy, a friend.

He said: "I went as a friend rather than a priest.....

...He said Kate's deep-rooted faith had helped carry the family through the trauma and that Gerry, a consultant cardiologist, has had a possible religious awakening
http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/press/1may7/BOLTON_NEWS_30_05_07.htm

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2018, 09:39:59 AM »
Friends stick up for friends. I'm more interested in unbiased opinions.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2018, 09:45:58 AM »
Friends stick up for friends. I'm more interested in unbiased opinions.
Where would you get those from?
Moderation

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2018, 10:46:42 AM »
Where would you get those from?

Past co-workers, education/uni colleagues, sport colleagues, neighbours etc.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2018, 11:08:50 AM »
Past co-workers, education/uni colleagues, sport colleagues, neighbours etc.

Very few of whom have spoken as far as I can see.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline jassi

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2018, 11:16:31 AM »
Wonder why that is? Normally the press would be all over them, prying. Usually somebody comes through with the info they want.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2018, 12:31:54 PM »
Wonder why that is? Normally the press would be all over them, prying. Usually somebody comes through with the info they want.
I would find that bizarre for what would be the connection to Madeleine going missing?
Moderation

Offline jassi

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2018, 12:34:06 PM »
I would find that bizarre for what would be the connection to Madeleine going missing?
Probably none at all, but you know how reporters like to probe for background stuff
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2018, 12:38:44 PM »
Probably none at all, but you know how reporters like to probe for background stuff
If Gerry had been found guilty they might, but why just while Madeleine is missing?
Moderation

Offline sadie

« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2018, 06:59:49 PM »
Apologies sadie I was thinking of Bridget's husband Paddy.   *%^^&
Cheers sunny.  Good to have some one on your side who admits their error ... and then apologises. 

I just hate mis/disinformation, but we all make mistakes from time to time.  It is the correction of the error that is the important part. 

Well done  8((()*/

Offline Sunny

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2018, 09:45:17 PM »
Cheers sunny.  Good to have some one on your side who admits their error ... and then apologises. 

I just hate mis/disinformation, but we all make mistakes from time to time.  It is the correction of the error that is the important part. 

Well done  8((()*/

Thank you sadie  8((()*/
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!