Author Topic: The McCann's Religion  (Read 2917 times)

Offline G-Unit

The McCann's Religion
« on: September 11, 2018, 07:32:53 PM »
Immediately after Madeleine's disappearance her mother turned to prayer. She rang others and asked them to pray too. She also asked for a local priest to come to see her. Ever since religion has been a feature of the story.

Some have seen turning to religion as the perfectly normal reaction of a distraught couple, others have wondered if it became part of their 'campaign.'

Given the very public nature of their church attendance, their religious trips and the emphasis on prayer is it acceptable to debate the matter?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Robittybob1

Re: The McCann's Religion
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 09:36:29 PM »
Immediately after Madeleine's disappearance her mother turned to prayer. She rang others and asked them to pray too. She also asked for a local priest to come to see her. Ever since religion has been a feature of the story.

Some have seen turning to religion as the perfectly normal reaction of a distraught couple, others have wondered if it became part of their 'campaign.'

Given the very public nature of their church attendance, their religious trips and the emphasis on prayer is it acceptable to debate the matter?
I think it is acceptable to discuss it.  In fact it is the reason I got involved with the case,  that plus the reward of course.
I don't understand her religion precisely but I see someone willing to expose her beliefs to the world particularly so in her book, which is riddled with prayer etc, and her struggles with faith, for it was just a matter of a prayer and the whole process would be completed and resolved.

I have this concept that God knows the truth of what happened, if only we could tap into that knowledge, and that is what I try to do. It isn't easy.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 10:02:24 PM »
It suggests an immediate drastic change from the norm. I think most mothers would be out searching for their missing daughter especially if they knew she had just been abducted like they said.

Susan Healy: 'Kate phoned me, errm… about an hour after Gerry and asked me to get in touch with, errm… Paul Seddon, who is the priest, Father Seddon, who married her, who baptised Madeleine, errm… and I didn't have his mobile phone so I rang a friend of Kate's and got… got him and he rang Kate right away and I think as soon as this happened, as soon as Kate realised what had happened, it was as if, errm.. she started to ask God right away to give her Madeleine. Errm… because Kate and Gerry were not the most devout family. We do have Catholic faith, errm… it's… it's the religion that we were brought up in, but I would never describe myself as a devout person. We're just ordinary people, errm… but Kate certainly has… has clung to her religion, errm.. since this happened. Possibly she feels that, you know, it has to be a greater thing that helps us to get Madeleine back. Errm… something with more power than… than we have.'

« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 10:05:42 PM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline sadie

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2018, 10:34:26 PM »

Kate was always religious.  She very obviosly had a close attachment to her priest, and he came over to comfort her

Offline sadie

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2018, 10:38:43 PM »
I think it is acceptable to discuss it.  In fact it is the reason I got involved with the case,  that plus the reward of course.
I don't understand her religion precisely but I see someone willing to expose her beliefs to the world particularly so in her book, which is riddled with prayer etc, and her struggles with faith, for it was just a matter of a prayer and the whole process would be completed and resolved.

I have this concept that God knows the truth of what happened, if only we could tap into that knowledge, and that is what I try to do. It isn't easy.

Such was her faith that was what she iniotially believed.  Just a matter of prayer and everything would be resolved with Madeleine back

How her faith must have been tested when Madeleine did not retuirn.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2018, 10:45:24 PM »
Such was her faith that was what she iniotially believed.  Just a matter of prayer and everything would be resolved with Madeleine back

How her faith must have been tested when Madeleine did not retuirn.
That in a nutshell but I did read the other day that Kate did some searching along the streets as well, which I hadn't appreciated, still don't TBH was this true.  She didn't rely entirely on faith but actually did searching - Oh my God O faithless one!
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2018, 10:46:43 PM »
Kate was always religious.  She very obviosly had a close attachment to her priest, and he came over to comfort her

It depends what you mean by religious. She was brought up in the Catholic faith, went to Church on Sunday and attended Catholic schools. She seems to have accepted it but does that make her religious? Father Seddon was a priest who became a friend. Whether he visited as a priest or as a friend I don't know. He visited them in Amsterdam too.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Sunny

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2018, 10:47:29 PM »

Do you mean Paul Seddon sadie? I thought she had never met him before Praia Da Luz.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2018, 10:51:49 PM »
She must have been conflicted for I was told the Catholic Church was against IVF and there was Madeleine a product of IVF.  She might have thought "is this God punishing me for breaking the rules?". 
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 11:01:42 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline sadie

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2018, 11:23:01 PM »
Do you mean Paul Seddon sadie? I thought she had never met him before Praia Da Luz.

Oh really? 

Well was it an imposter who married Kate and Gerry and did he baptise Madeleine by Proxy then then?  {Susan Healley].  See post a few above

Did you make that up, Sunny?
Or have you been reading propaganda and regurgitating it?

Offline Sunny

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2018, 11:25:52 PM »
Oh really? 

Well was it an imposter who married Kate and Gerry and did he baptise Madeleine by Proxy then then?  {Susan Healley].  See post a few above

Did you make that up, Sunny?
Or have you been reading propaganda and regurgitating it?

Apologies sadie I was thinking of Bridget's husband Paddy.   *%^^&
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2018, 11:27:26 PM »
Apologies sadie I was thinking of Bridget's husband Paddy.   *%^^&

They also hadn’t met Haynes Hubbard, the Anglican minister. Perhaps that’s who you mean Sunny ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Sunny

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2018, 11:34:20 PM »
They also hadn’t met Haynes Hubbard, the Anglican minister. Perhaps that’s who you mean Sunny ?

No I will confess I was wrong. 

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2018, 11:51:39 PM »
No I will confess I was wrong.
You will be forgiven but only after they have crucified you.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 11:54:26 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Sunny

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2018, 12:15:39 AM »
You will be forgiven but only after they have crucified you.

Don't say that Rob. At least I admitted my error and apologised.  8(8-))