Author Topic: Madeleine McCann - The request for satellite imagery  (Read 23873 times)

Offline John

Madeleine McCann - The request for satellite imagery
« on: April 07, 2013, 12:45:09 AM »
It was revealed that the Portuguese authorities sought the assistance of NASA in the Madeleine McCann disappearance.  It is not know what if any assistance this could have brought to the case as by the time any assistance would have materialised the abductor would have been long gone.

Irrespective, it appears that the satellites which would have been of assistance had other business that night over the Arabian Gulf.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 04:22:00 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Luz

Re: Madeleine McCann - The request for satellite imagery
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 01:29:59 AM »

In fact Amaral's camp had a satellite over it that was never revealed, I wonder why Maybe people got afraid that the light of the stars could blind them.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 04:24:19 PM by John »

Offline gilet

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 01:32:07 AM »

Not at all, there are a clear group of people who he works with including Paulo Sargento and Júlia Pinheiro for example. Are you not aware of this? I didn't refer to them as a team, merely in his camp a perfectly acceptable term for a group of people who work together frequently and have similar objectives.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 04:24:08 PM by John »

Offline Luz

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 01:59:41 AM »

Not at all, there are a clear group of people who he works with including Paulo Sargento and Júlia Pinheiro for example. Are you not aware of this? I didn't refer to them as a team, merely in his camp a perfectly acceptable term for a group of people who work together frequently and have similar objectives.

Poor thing, you are outdated. Obviously you don't know about the satellite.  @)(++(*
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 04:24:44 PM by John »

AnneGuedes

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 02:07:10 AM »

The fact people share some opinions doesn't constitute them as a camp (the word has a military connotation), and even less one's camp ! Would you consider that all the abduction believers form a camp ?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 04:25:15 PM by John »

Offline gilet

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 02:11:51 AM »

Sorry to disappoint you I am not only aware of the members of the Amaral camp but aware of Amaral's delusion about the satellite photos too.

Amaral said in an interview with Pedro Mourinho back in 2010, "Hopefully now, it will also be disclosed those photos, those satellite images that we believe to be in the possession of the US authorities, that we, the Portuguese police mentioned first, and also requested, a request that was denied to us."

He went on to tell us what they might reveal too.

"They can reveal who was the person that carried the child on that night on its way to the beach. According to an Irish couple statement, with an alleged 80% certainty, it was Gerald McCann himself. That could be the confirmation of that Irish couple's statement."

Such delusions from Amaral were posted on the Joana Morais site for us all to read.

Yes I know about the satellite. Was that what Amaral was hoping to use as his ace?

That such a delusional man with no understanding of technology such as satellite photography could have been coordinator of the Madeleine McCann case speaks volumes for Portuguese justice.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 04:23:41 PM by John »

Offline John

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2013, 05:11:19 PM »
Is he for real?  Does Amaral really think that people are so stupid as to believe the US diverted a satellite to spy on Praia da Luz and hours after the fact?   I have seen some silly things before but this takes the proverbial biscuit.  @)(++(*

Luz?  Do you actually believe this shite?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline gilet

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2013, 05:25:17 PM »
Is he for real?  Does Amaral really think that people are so stupid as to believe the US diverted a satellite to spy on Praia da Luz and hours after the fact?   I have seen some silly things before but this takes the proverbial biscuit.  @)(++(*

I am afraid he does apparently believe it.  The words are direct quotes as translated by his good friend Joana Morais so no chance of any bias against the man in the translation I would not have thought.

There is even more nonsense as well.

G.A. - As I said before, the investigation is an investigation that is interrupted, an investigation that needs to be concluded. I believe that it is possible to make progress, if it wasn't for lack of political will; now with political will, based on this note - which is only a note as you said, but remains an important note nevertheless between two ambassadors, from one ambassador to the US State Department, that must have the weight that it has. Hopefully now, it will also be disclosed those photos, those satellite images that we believe to be in the possession of the US authorities, that we, the Portuguese police mentioned first, and also requested, a request that was denied to us.

P.M. - In your understanding, what could those satellite images reveal?

G.A. - They can reveal who was the person that carried the child on that night on its way to the beach. According to an Irish couple statement, with an alleged 80% certainty, it was Gerald McCann himself. That could be the confirmation of that Irish couple's statement.

P.M. - And those images exist?

G.A. - We believe that, yes. In fact, the McCann couple themselves, said, a few months ago, that they also searched for them; that they don't exist, someone else later stated that they don't exist. It's possible that the site who has divulged the cable might also be able to release those images. That would be interesting.

P.M. - In your opinion, if they exist, why weren't they yet revealed?

G.A. - Well, probably because they are a secret of state somewhere... In fact, the whole investigation was a state secret in England. I remind you that there is documentation in that sense, referring that it is a state secret. We do not understand why it is considered as a state secret. In question is the disappearance, and the likely death of a child, and we still fail to understand why is that considered as state secrecy.

P.M. - You have spoken before on the «political will», do you consider that there was a connivance of the British government with the McCann couple, knowing that the London authorities, and at least we now have that certainty, were indeed aware of the evidence uncovered by the police of their own country. What I want to ask you, in your opinion, in the scope of this document, is, if we can understand a little bit better the manner in which the McCanns left the country?

G.A. - I apologize for stating the obvious, but they have left the country by airplane. And they were well received back in England. What we became increasingly aware was the political influence, of the intervention of the British prime minister at the time, Gordon Brown, of the conversations that he allegedly had we our own prime minister, in October, at the Lisbon Summit - if they indeed spoke on the subject or not, we weren't there to listen, some say they did others say they didn't; but a fact remains, and this was the result: there was a point that the British police officers working on the case had to sign a document as if they belonged to the secret services, requesting their confidentiality so they wouldn't speak about the case. Definitely something strange, not usual under other circumstances. Thus, from then on, and with other elements, that would be too lengthy for us to be here now detailing - remains no doubt that a political intervention, practically, archived the case.

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2010/12/goncalo-amaral-on-wikileaks-release.html

Online Eleanor

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2013, 05:30:58 PM »

The US would have to have diverted The Satellite even before the event.  That would be going some.

Offline John

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2013, 05:37:49 PM »
The Portuguese Police took so long to respond to this incident, can you even begin to see them getting assistance from NASA?   @)(++(*

I didn't think NASA had a time machine?  Maybe another myth?   8(0(*

Online Eleanor

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2013, 05:44:42 PM »
The Portuguese Police took so long to respond to this incident, can you even begin to see them getting assistance from NASA?   @)(++(*

This one doesn't even qualify as a Myth.

Offline Carana

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2013, 05:52:24 PM »
Setting aside the issue of the likelihood of satellite images of PdL on that particular evening, which authority did Amaral (or a member of his team) contact on this issue?

Offline gilet

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2013, 06:07:24 PM »
Setting aside the issue of the likelihood of satellite images of PdL on that particular evening, which authority did Amaral (or a member of his team) contact on this issue?

I don't know the answer to that. Is there any reference to it in the PJ files or could it just be something he dreamed up after he heard about wikileaks long after he was dismissed from the case?

Offline Carana

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2013, 06:23:10 PM »

Aside from potential satellites overlooking PDL on that specific evening which could zoom in to identify the child and whoever had taken her, I still have a more mundane issue:

Has the possibility of duplicate keys been verified, or not?

Offline Carana

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2013, 10:02:53 PM »

I don't know the answer to that. Is there any reference to it in the PJ files or could it just be something he dreamed up after he heard about wikileaks long after he was dismissed from the case?

I've never seen anything in the accessible files.