Author Topic: Why was the window open ?  (Read 38545 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: Why was the window open ?
« Reply #165 on: April 21, 2013, 04:27:16 PM »
But John,  if the abductor was meticulous and had been watching the Tapas group's coming and goings for some time,  then he would be aware that they had been leaving the patio doors unlocked since Sunday night

He would know there was no need  to open the window in order to disguise the fact that he had a key  because the apartment was unsecured in any event,  allowing free entry to any and all, whether they had a key or not

They would not be aware of this icabodcrane as they would have been unable to see what was actually happening at the patio door in the darkness.   In any event they would probably assume that the door was locked.

I prefer to go with the theory that the abductor opened the aluminium blind and the window in order to check if the coast was clear.
Then he walked in the direction that would have brought him into direct contact with the never ending stream of child checkers... not very bright is he this abductor of yours.
Of course, if he'd have taken the logical route away from the apartment' then Jane Tanner couldn't have seen him and Gerry in the same place at the same time.

The route in the opposite directions leads immediately to a main road.  Much more chance of being seen.
Look at the map.
Seen by whom exactly?

Cars for a start.  It's a long road.  And what would someone be doing carrying a child along a main road at that time of night if they were staying in a holiday appartment?

Offline peter claridge

« Reply #166 on: April 21, 2013, 04:42:52 PM »
But John,  if the abductor was meticulous and had been watching the Tapas group's coming and goings for some time,  then he would be aware that they had been leaving the patio doors unlocked since Sunday night

He would know there was no need  to open the window in order to disguise the fact that he had a key  because the apartment was unsecured in any event,  allowing free entry to any and all, whether they had a key or not

They would not be aware of this icabodcrane as they would have been unable to see what was actually happening at the patio door in the darkness.   In any event they would probably assume that the door was locked.

I prefer to go with the theory that the abductor opened the aluminium blind and the window in order to check if the coast was clear.
Then he walked in the direction that would have brought him into direct contact with the never ending stream of child checkers... not very bright is he this abductor of yours.
Of course, if he'd have taken the logical route away from the apartment' then Jane Tanner couldn't have seen him and Gerry in the same place at the same time.

The route in the opposite directions leads immediately to a main road.  Much more chance of being seen.
Look at the map.
Seen by whom exactly?

Cars for a start.  It's a long road.  And what would someone be doing carrying a child along a main road at that time of night if they were staying in a holiday appartment?
Which begs the question, why didn't the abductor have a car?

Offline Carana

« Reply #167 on: April 21, 2013, 04:58:15 PM »

Which begs the question, why didn't the abductor have a car?

How do you know that the person didn't have a car?

Offline sadie

« Reply #168 on: April 21, 2013, 05:24:40 PM »
Almost certainly the abductor was supposed to be picked up at the driv entrance to 5A car park, but when his getaway car didn't arrive (Gerry and Jez in the way) bundleman set off on foot to meet him.

By choice, no sane man would walk around PdL carrying a stolen child

Think about it!

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!
« Reply #169 on: April 21, 2013, 07:57:18 PM »
You are wrong heriberto, the fact is that Gerry Mccann said because he saw the door more open that is the only reason he looked inside the childrens bedroom, when he never did before ever

Prood here from 5 mins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na4aBr5PTYY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

And Kate says in her book that Gerry immediately saw the door was open too wide,  and,  assuming Madeleine must have got up and gone to their room, he went there to check  before going  into the children's room

You'd think he would do it the other way round, wouldn't you ?

The childrens bedroom was straight in front of him,  with the door open,  yet istead of looking in to see if Madeleine  had  got out of bed, he went directly to his and Kate's room to look for her

The first place he looked for Madeleine was not in her own bed

Did she say that? IIRC if was Matt Oldfield in his rogatory or his wifes  that said he wondered where Mwddie slept and went to look at her parents room but he never actually checked the kids room, what a conundrum

Matt Oldfield, said no such thing, nor did his wife, Redblossom. I wish you would use honest statements.

First Check

Matthew Oldfield - Statement 4th May

That around 9.05pm, the interviewee went to the area of the apartments. Notably to the area near the windows of all the children's bedrooms. That he did not hear any noise. That he considered that all the children were sleeping. That all the children's bedroom windows were closed, notably the windows that gave access to the bedroom occupied by Madeleine."
. That after this check, he returned to the restaurant, saying that all the children were asleep. However, Gerry, Madeleine's father, went to the area of the apartments to check for himself if the children were asleep. That Gerry would have entered into his apartment and that he checked to make sure that Madeleine and the twins were sleeping in their bedroom, where it was quite dark. The bedroom door was left open [ajar]. That five minutes later, Gerry came back to the group in the restaurant.

Second Check

Matthew Oldfield - Rogatory statement.

Around 9.25pm   So I approached the room but I didn't actually go in because you could see the twins in the cots and one of the, you could see the twins in the cots because they're in with, sort of the cots were in the middle of the room with sort of a gap of about sort of maybe a foot between the two, the cots had sort of got that fabric end and sort of a mesh side, so you could see the sides and you could see them, erm, see them breathing and there were two there and it was all completely quiet. And the other things you could see in the room, there was a, there was another bed at the back underneath the window at the far side and you could see the end of the bed, another bed here. And because I was looking for, you know, well people say, well why didn't you go in the room, why didn't you check on Madeleine, you were, you said you'd go and check, but it was just that, we were just satisfying ourselves that nobody was upset and awake and crying, we didn't expect that if I checked each three beds somebody, it just wasn’t sort of something that you thought about, you just thought, you know, is somebody, you know, upset, do they want their mum or something, you can say, you know, somebody might have vomited and you wouldn't know about it, but there was, you know, nobody was awake, you thought, if something, just one, it'd be, it'd sort of feel a bit odd, you know, from the draughts, you know, when Kate went in something about the door shutting, there was, I presume, a through draught. So I just sort of went towards the doorway, I didn't step over the threshold, I didn't see Madeleine and I didn't check, I turned round and came back out, said all was quiet when I got back to the table and then we went on with food. Now the room was, we talked also in the interviews about how light the room was and whether I could see the shutters, and I can't see the shutters because the curtains were shut and, they're similar curtains to the ones you've got in there, and you just get an impression of just like green and yellow, but they were closed, they weren't sort of blowing about, because I'm sure I'd have noticed if there was sort of movement like that. But the room seemed light, and we spent a lot of time talking about this, whether it could be light coming in from the street outside, but there was a light behind us in the room and for some reason I thought, I got the impression of light coming through the doorway from behind me, which is why I said that I thought perhaps the moon was out, erm, but there as no sort of, you know, it's a question of whether, there was no sort of slats of light coming through the back that particularly caught my eye. So I didn't specifically see the shutters and I couldn't say that they were definitely open, but certainly the curtains were shut and everything was quiet".
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 01:00:05 AM by John »
Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

icabodcrane

« Reply #170 on: April 21, 2013, 08:17:02 PM »
It's interesting that Matthew Oldfield came back to the table and told Gerry he had just done an audio check of his  Gerry's )  apartment,  and that all was quiet  ...  yet Gerry get's up immediately, and goes to check himself

Why  ?

Interesting, too, that Oldfield,  who had only ever done 'listening' checks on the McCann children,  decided, for the first time,  to go into the apartment  instead  of listening at the window

If he  had not changed his usual routine,  and done what he had done every other time  ( listen at the window )  he would have found the shutters up and window open

Did he ever give a reason for having changed his checking habits on that one, crucial, occasion ? 

Offline sadie

« Reply #171 on: April 21, 2013, 08:27:14 PM »
It's interesting that Matthew Oldfield came back to the table and told Gerry he had just done an audio check of his  Gerry's )  apartment,  and that all was quiet  ...  yet Gerry get's up immediately, and goes to check himself

Why  ?

Interesting, too, that Oldfield,  who had only ever done 'listening' checks on the McCann children,  decided, for the first time,  to go into the apartment  instead  of listening at the window

If he  had not changed his usual routine,  and done what he had done every other time  ( listen at the window )  he would have found the shutters up and window open

Did he ever give a reason for having changed his checking habits on that one, crucial, occasion ?

Maybe, Icabod, the very fact that Gerry went and did his own check very soon afterwards, made him feel guilty that he hadn't been in and done the proper check.

So he then made sure of it.

Redblossom

« Reply #172 on: April 21, 2013, 11:03:31 PM »
@DCI there was no dishonesty in my post

Rachel Oldfield did say that her husband checked in the parents bedroom to see if Madeleine was there.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/RACHAEL-OLDFIELD-ROGATORY.htm

01.13.22 1578 'Which door''
 Reply 'The door to the bedroom, the twins bedroom and Madeleines bedroom, erm and I mean afterwards you know, he said he thought that was unusual because he thought the door would be shut, cos I mean we always shut Graces bedroom door, erm or at least if we did, I mean we always shut it but yeah I know some people would kind of probably just pull the door to, but he didnt expect it to be as wide open as it was, erm so he, well he said you know from kind of standing close to the doorway, he could see that the twins were in their cots and there was no sound, erm so he just assumed everything was alright, he didnt put his head round the door to see if Madeleine was in her bed, but he said he did wonder where she slept, erm poked his head, well you know kind of looked into Gerry and Kates room, just saw there was a double bed there, so you know, assumed they were all in together or, I mean I think he knew that they were all in together, erm but he didnt actually look to see whether Madeleine was there or not'.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 11:05:31 PM by Redblossom »

Offline John

« Reply #173 on: April 22, 2013, 01:08:27 AM »
So lets see, Matthew doesn't make mention of sticking his head into the parents bedroom in any of his statements yet his partner was able to tell the police that he had done it.  hmm...

So that to me sounds like he did do it, told Rachael he did it but forgot to tell the police he did it.  Is that about the size of it guys?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Redblossom

« Reply #174 on: April 22, 2013, 01:30:37 AM »
Yup
 8((()*/

And the problem here is that he wanted to know where Madeleine slept but DIDNT look in the kids bedroom, wierd or what

AnneGuedes

« Reply #175 on: April 22, 2013, 01:41:33 AM »
Moreover he couldn't but see an empty and undone bed, under the window. This should have rang a bell in his head and made him poke his head a bit to check whether Madeleine was in the bed from which he could only see the bottom (rather than snoop in the parents' bedroom).