Author Topic: An example of continued [ censored word ]  (Read 14297 times)

debunker

An example of continued [ censored word ]
« on: April 09, 2013, 06:44:42 AM »
On the missing Madeleine forum- they think its funny, I think it is harrassment

Offline gilet

Re: An example of continued [ censored word ]
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 06:47:47 AM »
I think it is a very immature attempt at humour that has failed.

But you are right, when you take into account the stream of such immature attempts it is almost certainly a form of  harassment under UK law.

Offline sika

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 07:05:51 AM »
On the missing Madeleine forum- they think its funny, I think it is harrassment

Disgusting.

C.Edwards

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 08:22:09 AM »
Why is it "disgusting"?  It's crass, but as there are already photoshops and attempted "humour" surrounding the poor Philpot children doing the rounds, this is hardly cutting edge satire now.

Of course if one were to peruse the pages of a pro forum, one would see no such photoshops regarding Tony Bennett and Amaral, would one?  Stop being so precious about something that is of little consequence.  It's schoolboy/student humour at worst and isn't going to make someone suddenly go, "oh my god, they're right, the McCanns killed her!" is it?

Besides, anyone leaving their children alone in a foreign country night after night certainly fits into the pigeonhole of a bad parent to me.

debunker

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 08:38:36 AM »
Why is it "disgusting"?  It's crass, but as there are already photoshops and attempted "humour" surrounding the poor Philpot children doing the rounds, this is hardly cutting edge satire now.

Of course if one were to peruse the pages of a pro forum, one would see no such photoshops regarding Tony Bennett and Amaral, would one?  Stop being so precious about something that is of little consequence.  It's schoolboy/student humour at worst and isn't going to make someone suddenly go, "oh my god, they're right, the McCanns killed her!" is it?

Besides, anyone leaving their children alone in a foreign country night after night certainly fits into the pigeonhole of a bad parent to me.

It is almost certainly criminal harassment.

Legally the McCanns are private citizens whereas Tony Bennett chose to have a high public profile.

The McCanns have been very limited in their moves against their harassers. They made an example of the worst case in the printed media, but did not proceed against other possible cases. They picked off Tony Bennett because he harassed in real life as well as online. It remains open to them to challenge harassment on the internet but they need to weigh such action against the additional publicity caused.

The real life IDs of many people are known- the demise of the3As and the publication of the database and PMs exposed the identity of many- often by tracking their email addresses which were unencrypted. The encryption of the PMs was apparently easily broken. IIRC one group set up  phishing site when Nbrado collapsed the 3As which asked people to re-register on a fake site giving their perso mail information and their password. Before any anti criticises, the [ censored word] carried out phishing against pros as well.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2013, 09:45:55 AM »
This really infuriates me.  How many times have we seen pathetic people crying on TV after being caught out posting abuse on the internet?  The most recent example being some so called youth police commissioner.  What a stupid and immature specimen!   8()(((@#
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

stephen25000

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2013, 09:50:46 AM »
This really infuriates me.  How many times have we seen pathetic people crying on TV after being caught out posting abuse on the internet?  The most recent example being some so called youth police commissioner.  What a stupid and immature specimen!   8()(((@#

Does it infuriate you the way the Portuguese were portrayed in the UK press ?

Or is that excusable, merely because they were 'Sardine munchers'  , that from the mirror  ( ref:  Tony Parsons )  ?

debunker

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2013, 09:53:03 AM »
@ CEdwards

PLease amend your post. Those are not my words.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2013, 10:05:04 AM »

Or is that excusable, merely because they were 'Sardine munchers'  , that from the mirror  ( ref:  Tony Parsons )  ?

You have to admit that they weren't very good.

stephen25000

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2013, 10:08:10 AM »

Yes the mirror headlines, the sun, etc., were appalling.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2013, 10:14:32 AM »

Yes the mirror headlines, the sun, etc., were appalling.

And we all know where they got their headlines from.

Offline Luz

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2013, 02:36:01 PM »
wrong thread