Author Topic: I am Currently working on a presentation on Empathy...  (Read 10695 times)

debunker

Re: I am Currently working on a presentation on Empathy...
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2013, 01:00:58 PM »
See, when put like that, no-one would accept it as fair for themselves, but are happy to hound the McCanns. This is called hypocrisy.

Who was it said that Popular Morals were a slow retreat from the Golden Rule?

debunker

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2013, 01:37:49 AM »
In 12 hours I have traveled thousands of miles and not one anti-McCann has shown any empathy or interest.

Speaks for itself really!

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2013, 01:44:14 AM »

I despair sometimes.  I really do.

debunker

« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2013, 07:15:48 AM »
Perhaps DB if you could attempt to make a single post without the words [ censored word ] or p...... in it as a default, maybe more people would warm to you and reply to your questions. Just a thought.

IMO this is a cold case, the parents were made suspects, they were later relieved of that status, the case was shelved,left in limbo, they have never been found guilty or not guilty in any court of law,many questions remain unanswered, they, in the meantime, and well before I should add, have lead an aggressive media campaign over the years, and they tried to control the investigation right from the start. They have in the meantime ammassed several million pounds, the wherabouts of which, despite them saying would be totally transparent, has not been. This is a very very unusual and high profile case, and to suggest that no one should be commenting on it, and especially when it is still in the media month after month, and calling this harrassmenf is bizarre at best. I could go on, but I won't.
 8((()*/

The question was about EMPATHY.

If you were in their position, what woud you feel would be right or wrong about accusations posted on the internet?

No one knows if they are involved or not, so empathy doesnt come into it unless you are are convinced they were not. It is like being asked to believe in someones innocence when this hasnt been proved yet and when any normal person will or might have doubts based on a plethora of things, last time I looked, it was not illegal to have doubts or not believe someone.If that were the case the police would be out of a job. Your aggressive campaign on here to shut people up is very odious if I may say so. And it is failing btw. Ever read the book how to make friends and influenxe people? obviously not.
 >@@(*&)

I don't know if the McCanns were party in any way to directly harming Madeleine, yet I have considerable empathy for their current position.

It is legal to have doubts; it is illegal and immoral to plaster those doubts all over public forums.

debunker

« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2013, 07:20:42 AM »
May I assume then that no anti-McCann here would object to having their name and family dragged through the mud because of unsubstantiated child abuse suspicions?

You must be thicker or even less sensitive than I thought. Or love your false version of 'free speech' so much that you would not protest at a forum discussing you as a kiddy fiddler. After all it's 'free speech'.

Offline gavdalf

« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2013, 11:19:11 AM »
Yes its fair as they themselves have courted the media, as PR stands for Public relations which they have a PR spokesperson, what do you think they should entitled to a 1 way relationship with the public., if you read my post previous to the one in which I answered your question by saying it was fair, you note I asked 1 - if the no mark comment was directed at me?

2. how do you write a book, have a Public relations spokesperson, then claim people shouldnt discuss what they have put into the public domain, take this case out of the scenario,  I Just  don't see how it possible is my question, that's all

I empathise for Maddy not being with her family, as we don't know whats happened and its just a very sad situation from beginning to end.

we may not find out what happened in my lifetime, however without proof, they are innocent until proven guilty and until such time if ever, im not saying they are, people theories and ideas should be backed by evidence and fact, no point in making up wild allegation which we do not have evidence for and this is where I feel its incorrect to attack them. And to note I have never done this, and would not
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 11:25:31 AM by gavdalf »

Offline gavdalf

« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2013, 11:53:16 AM »
the very first sentence in which I state yes it is fair they are discussed in public is my answer as they put themselves into the public domain, what should not happen is personal attacks on them based upon theories that cannot be backed up by evidence, now can you answer my questions in the previous post please

As I said I cant see how they can have it both ways, and unfortunately in this world of ours there are some very horrible people out there that will attack them without substance

Offline gavdalf

« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2013, 12:08:43 PM »
I have answered the question again and yet you do not answer mine, and also stated that that I do not feel its possible, and due to the nature of this world and some of the horrible people in it, unfortunately they have been subjected to personal attacks, but I do not feel its inappropriate or unfair to discuss this case based upon the evidence or lack of it, do you just troll this board trying to wind people up, you asked if it was fair, Ive stated yes as  I do not see how its possible to have a 1 way relationship with the public

Offline Admin

« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2013, 12:15:14 PM »
It is a fine line to tread unfortunately for them as there will always be those people who believe they in some way were responsible for her disappearance.  Even if Madeleine turned up alive and well tomorrow by some miracle there will be people who would claim that she is a fake.

The world is full of sceptics.   ?>)()<

« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 12:33:47 PM by Admin »

Offline gavdalf

« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2013, 12:18:15 PM »
that's not happened, And as Im an IT expert I would have fully searched the PC before I bought it and reported it to the police myself

I have stated its fair to discuss the case, not to personally attack them

sometimes life's not fair, doesent make it right, but that's the world we live in
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 12:19:51 PM by gavdalf »

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2013, 12:30:25 PM »
It is a fine line to tread unfortunately for them as there will always be those people who believe they in some way were responsible for her disappearance.  Even if Madeleine turned up alive and well tomorrow by some miracle there will be people who would claim that she is a fake.

It didn't take you long to catch on, did it.  Madeline was a Clone, doncha know.  No, really.  At least six of her are hidden somewhere.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 12:34:09 PM by Admin »

Offline Admin

« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2013, 12:36:58 PM »
Should have said good example Debunker because this is what happens in real life.  Even if you did the computer to the police yourself they would view you with suspicion.

ps DB   You make some excellent points but
            they are being clouded by aggression.

pps E   That's life for ya!

debunker

« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2013, 12:41:01 PM »
that's not happened, And as Im an IT expert I would have fully searched the PC before I bought it and reported it to the police myself

I have stated its fair to discuss the case, not to personally attack them

sometimes life's not fair, doesent make it right, but that's the world we live in

Answer the question.....

Offline gavdalf

« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2013, 12:50:12 PM »
yes it is fair to discuss the case but not personally attack them - that is the answer to your OP
, and in the case of the previous post you quoted my answer to your original question

Im here for discussion and debate around the facts and evidence of this case - nothing more. Im not here for the childish antics that appear to be rife on this forum

now please answer mine from Previous posts.

Offline muratfan

« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2013, 12:52:50 PM »

Oh we already have had that Madeleine is actually a clone, and in a few years she will turn up. Others  have said that it wouldn't be here and the DNA will be made up from the samples

Yes from the Anti Brigade  8-)(--) 8-)(--) 8-)(--) 8-)(--)