Author Topic: Why did Kate McCann feel the need to write a book at all?  (Read 2452 times)

Offline Angelo222

Why did Kate McCann feel the need to write a book at all?
« on: June 08, 2018, 01:45:31 PM »
Like so much in the Maddie case the writing of a book of experiences by Kate McCann must be unique in missing child cases.  Surely if she had so much to say why didn't she answer the simplest of questions put to her by investigators after she was made an arguida?

Some draw parallels with Amaral's book and suggest the intention was to strike a balance but I don't recall anywhere in his book where he used derogative and abusive terms towards anyone.

Why DID Kate McCann write that book?

« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 10:40:42 PM by John »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline jassi

Re: Why did Kate McCann feel the need to write a book at all?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 01:46:52 PM »
Like so much in the Maddie case the writing of a book of experiences by Kate McCann must be unique in missing child cases.  Surely if she had so much to say why didn't she answer the simplest of questions put to her by investigators after she was made an arguida?

Some draw parallels with Amaral's book and suggest the intention was to strike a balance but I don't recall anywhere in his book where he used derogative and abusive terms towards anyone.

Money, money, money
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -   11 years and still no solution.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 01:51:14 PM »

IMHO -  PR and money, also to win over the 'hearts and minds 'of the UK public by any means really. But she also got the opportunity to be vile and nasty about those who bothered to challenge her and her husbands versions of  what happened. This included their memory allowance due to 'stress', of which they brought on themselves.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2018, 01:55:49 PM »

Money, money, money

In part but I believe her motives went much deeper than that. IMO she was aggrieved that she and her hubby were made official suspects despite this being quite normal in such Investigations. For an intelligent person I fail to understand why she failed to grasp that particular nettle?
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Online Vertigo Swirl

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2018, 01:56:48 PM »

To raise money for the Madeleine Fund. 

Online Vertigo Swirl

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2018, 01:59:37 PM »
In part but I believe her motives went much deeper than that. IMO she was aggrieved that she and her hubby were made official suspects despite this being quite normal in such Investigations. For an intelligent person I fail to understand why she failed to grasp that particular nettle?
Wouldn't you have been aggrieved in her situation?  It is not normal for parents of missing children to be made official suspects without some pretty strong evidence IMO.

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2018, 02:02:31 PM »

which a private company under the umbrella- to search for Maddie, but we all know the money went else where, don't we. And they knew they needed more money as the kind people stopped sending cash to them for some reason...

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2018, 02:08:33 PM »

Which was squandered on crooked investigators and failed legal action against Amaral.  Didn't she do well!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2018, 02:11:14 PM »
Wouldn't you have been aggrieved in her situation?  It is not normal for parents of missing children to be made official suspects without some pretty strong evidence IMO.

I disagree, the parents of a missing kid will always come under scrutiny but in the McCann case there were several factors which singled them out for closer inspection imo.

Je ne regrette rien!!

Online Vertigo Swirl

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2018, 02:15:58 PM »
I disagree, the parents of a missing kid will always come under scrutiny but in the McCann case there were several factors which singled them out for closer inspection imo.
So, if you were the subject of police scrutiny and came to the stunning realisation that the police believed you were responsible for your child's disappearance and that they weren't actively seeking anyone else in connection with her disappearance, not only that were leaking details about you to the press, like your private diary perhaps, or their tinpot theories about what they thought you'd done you'd be totally cool with that I suppose?

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2018, 02:27:21 PM »
So, if you were the subject of police scrutiny and came to the stunning realisation that the police believed you were responsible for your child's disappearance and that they weren't actively seeking anyone else in connection with her disappearance, not only that were leaking details about you to the press, like your private diary perhaps, or their tinpot theories about what they thought you'd done you'd be totally cool with that I suppose?

Why YES, if I was as innocent as the driven snow!  I would want to take them on once and for all and ultimately dispel any notions that I might have been involved. Kate however behaved like a shrinking violet.

Je ne regrette rien!!

Online Vertigo Swirl

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2018, 02:35:26 PM »
Why YES, if I was as innocent as the driven snow!  I would want to take them on once and for all and ultimately dispel any notions that I might have been involved. Kate however behaved like a shrinking violet.
If you were innocent, then like Kate, you would almost certainly  be outraged to be questioned by the police  about your daughter’s disappearance especially while she was still missing and the perpetrator remained at large.  To say you would be cool in such a situation is just nonsense IMO.

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2018, 02:38:26 PM »

I think we can stop with the assumption that the police were out to get the McCanns no matter what. The PJ made mistakes -yes, however,  we do not know what other lines of enquiry they were following because they didn't tell us.

They and they alone have all the statements and 'access to known crims which may snitch for a few bob'. The fact the some supporters find it repulsive and intrusive and 'not bloody on old chaps' for suspecting the parents involvement, is laughable to be honest. 

Some would have us believe that the McCanns were about to be tortured and framed - this is myth making and attempts to try and whip up anger ,resentment among the xenophobic s in our midst, and sympathy for those poor parents all alone searching for their daughter....yawn

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2018, 02:50:59 PM »
If you were innocent, then like Kate, you would almost certainly  be outraged to be questioned by the police  about your daughter’s disappearance especially while she was still missing and the perpetrator remained at large.  To say you would be cool in such a situation is just nonsense IMO.

We hear on this forum all the time that us sceptics do not accept that all people act differently under stress, when challenging the tapas/parents behaviour so why tell others how they would /would not feel. That is a bit rich actually.

There is also no point in implying Kates innocence  and inferred rage,via the first sentence of your post either,  you don't know what she was feeling at that time OR  IF she was innocent of anything. Unless YOU are Kate posting here under VS name?  8)--)) ^*&&

Offline kizzy

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2018, 03:17:34 PM »
i think they were shocked -especially when they thought they were bezzys with Luis Neves.

How else was she going to get the poor me scenario across

Her best option was to write a book in her own words [no awkward questions]

Her own time...so she could get her version out without [no awkward interviews]

spent a lot of time with other parents of missing children

Rather overdid it a bit with emotions she went through

Why did she call it Madeline when it was about her it should have been called me me me and i imo

Oh yes and the money ...to help destroy the writer of the other book.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 08:10:18 PM by John »
POSTS ARE -  MY OWN OPINION