Author Topic: Why did Kate McCann feel the need to write a book at all?  (Read 21279 times)

Offline kizzy

Re: Why did Kate McCann feel the need to write a book at all?
« Reply #195 on: June 12, 2018, 03:35:59 PM »
The Publishers would have had the right to complain.

Was it the publisher though - did they get C R.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #196 on: June 12, 2018, 03:42:53 PM »

I I R C seems it was a mistake on there side, this site use to support them

I remember it being discussed on another forum.

The general take on it was they bit a hand that feeds them.

It would appear that the search for Maddie comes a poor second to copyright law.

Only the mccanns can make money on madde

IMO that's the mccanns for you.

Oh! I don't know about that.
Amaral must have earned a few bob with his book and documentaries and TV appearances.

Is it in a fund for Madeleine?
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #197 on: June 12, 2018, 03:44:44 PM »

Was it the publisher though - did they get C R.

I don't know.  But I doubt that it was The McCanns personally.

It is perfectly understandable to me that The Publishers would have used Carter Ruck to issue a Copyright Warning.

Offline kizzy

« Reply #198 on: June 12, 2018, 03:50:47 PM »
I don't know.  But I doubt that it was The McCanns personally.

It is perfectly understandable to me that The Publishers would have used Carter Ruck to issue a Copyright Warning.

Thats if they did its only your guess - opinion

C R are the mccann lawyers.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #199 on: June 12, 2018, 04:03:33 PM »

Thats if they did its only your guess - opinion

C R are the mccann lawyers.

Of course.  We all know this.  But The Publishers have their own rights to protect.  Why not Carter Ruck since they know the case inside out.

Offline kizzy

« Reply #200 on: June 12, 2018, 04:14:40 PM »
Of course.  We all know this.  But The Publishers have their own rights to protect.  Why not Carter Ruck since they know the case inside out.

Didn't do a very good job then did they - you can still read it online.

Books on Google Play
Pages displayed by permission of Random House. Copyright.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #201 on: June 12, 2018, 04:21:56 PM »

Didn't do a very good job then did they - you can still read it online.

Books on Google Play
Pages displayed by permission of Random House. Copyright.

This seems to afford you some glee.  Fine, I don't have a problem with that.

I have never read either Kate's book or that of Goncalo Amaral.  I have never needed to.  All of the apparently interesting stuff is on this Forum anyway.  Picked over and shredded interminably.

Thank God we had something to talk about is all I can say.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #202 on: June 12, 2018, 05:57:11 PM »
Oh! I don't know about that.
Amaral must have earned a few bob with his book and documentaries and TV appearances.

Is it in a fund for Madeleine?

Did he say it would be ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Erngath

« Reply #203 on: June 12, 2018, 06:05:07 PM »
Did he say it would be ?

No.
Alice has made a post which has clarified everything.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #204 on: June 12, 2018, 06:21:00 PM »
No.
Alice has made a post which has clarified everything.

Good. Glad everything was clarified.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Erngath

« Reply #205 on: June 12, 2018, 06:29:47 PM »
Good. Glad everything was clarified.

Indeed.
All quite clear now.
The money donated by folk here to Amarals fighting fund is staying with whoever has it now.
The money earned by Amaral with his book about Madeleine's disappearance, his TV appearances about Madeleine's disappearance and his documentary about Madeleine's disappearance is his.
All very clear.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #206 on: June 13, 2018, 11:48:18 PM »
Indeed.
All quite clear now.
The money donated by folk here to Amarals fighting fund is staying with whoever has it now.
The money earned by Amaral with his book about Madeleine's disappearance, his TV appearances about Madeleine's disappearance and his documentary about Madeleine's disappearance is his.
All very clear.

It always has been clear, what was the confusion? the fighting fund money will not touch Amarals pockets, it is in a 'fund' ie account. to be used for legal fees and anything left over will be given to charity.

Amaral has a family to support as well as himself - he was left penniless almost because of the McCanns actions.

And let us remind ourselves of his crime to be h  ated so much by so few... He wrote about the thesis of an investigation of which he was a part of. HE didn't kill babies or torture kittens let us be clear about that and keep things in perspective.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #207 on: June 13, 2018, 11:58:40 PM »

It always has been clear, what was the confusion? the fighting fund money will not touch Amarals pockets, it is in a 'fund' ie account. to be used for legal fees and anything left over will be given to charity.

Amaral has a family to support as well as himself - he was left penniless almost because of the McCanns actions.

And let us remind ourselves of his crime to be h  ated so much by so few... He wrote about the thesis of an investigation of which he was a part of. HE didn't kill babies or torture kittens let us be clear about that and keep things in perspective.
And who controls the fighting fund?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #208 on: June 14, 2018, 07:07:39 AM »
And who controls the fighting fund?

... and why is it relevant to Kate’s Book?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #209 on: June 14, 2018, 07:36:09 AM »
... and why is it relevant to Kate’s Book?

The inference is that poor suffering Kate McCann wrote her book purely to raise funds to continue the search for her missing daughter. Despite her natural reserve and desire for privacy she shared details about her life for Madeleine's sake, not for any other reason.

The Fund needed the money and Kate donated every penny the book earned, we are told. We don't know how much she earned, of course, or how much of it was donated. Those details haven't been shared. We also don't know why she felt the need to place a restriction on the use of the money. Although she's a director of the Fund she seems to have felt the need to restrict the use to which the book earnings were/are put. Does she not trust her fellow directors to spend the money wisely?

On the other hand, of course, nasty vindictive Amaral wrote a book and kept the money for himself, just as many others did. The difference was that he wrote about the investigation into Madeleine's disappearance rather than writing a book defending her parents.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0