Author Topic: Gerry was at the tapas table at the time Kate’s alert.  (Read 11102 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Gerry was at the tapas table at the time Kate’s alert.
« on: June 22, 2018, 10:08:56 AM »
Gerry was at the dining table at the time of Kate’s alert.  Dianne Webster recalls Kate rushing back to the dining table, saying Gerry, Madeleine’s been taken” or words to that effect.  The PJ’s Final Report puts the time of the alert at between 10pm and 10.10pm.  Therefore Gerry could not have been anywhere else but where he said he was at the time. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

Re: Gerry was at the tapas table at the time Kate’s alert.
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2018, 10:24:23 AM »
Martin Smith

— Urged, states that when he passed this individual it would have been around 22H00, and at the time he was completely unaware that a child had disappeared.

Peter Smith.

In Kelly's Bar (he does not remember the name of the street it is on) they had a few drinks, having left from there around 21H50/22H00.

Aoife Smith

Around 22H00, they left Kelly's Bar. The group headed, on foot, for their apartment.

Gerry’s 10 th of May statement

----- Half and hour later without anything to signal, it being 22h03, he turned to alert KATE that it was time for her to go to see the children. She immediately made her way to the apartment by the usual path, she having entered by the rear door. About 10 minutes later, he started to worry about her lateness and, at the moment he prepared to stand and to go to see the reason for her lateness, KATE appeared running, completely distraught and crying, saying that MADELEINE had disappeared and that she was sure because she had looked throughout the house.

It is entirely possible for an individual to be seen by the Smiths at 10pm and be back in the tapas bar by 10.10-10.13pm. 

The rest is simply obfuscation.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline jassi

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2018, 10:33:19 AM »
Martin Smith

— Urged, states that when he passed this individual it would have been around 22H00, and at the time he was completely unaware that a child had disappeared.

Peter Smith.

In Kelly's Bar (he does not remember the name of the street it is on) they had a few drinks, having left from there around 21H50/22H00.

Aoife Smith

Around 22H00, they left Kelly's Bar. The group headed, on foot, for their apartment.

Gerry’s 10 th of May statement

----- Half and hour later without anything to signal, it being 22h03, he turned to alert KATE that it was time for her to go to see the children. She immediately made her way to the apartment by the usual path, she having entered by the rear door. About 10 minutes later, he started to worry about her lateness and, at the moment he prepared to stand and to go to see the reason for her lateness, KATE appeared running, completely distraught and crying, saying that MADELEINE had disappeared and that she was sure because she had looked throughout the house.

It is entirely possible for an individual to be seen by the Smiths at 10pm and be back in the tapas bar by 10.10-10.13pm. 

The rest is simply obfuscation.

Particularly one of an athletic nature.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2018, 10:35:57 AM »
OK, when did Gerry leave the Tapas table a theoretical second time then and how come none of the rest of the Tapas group mentioned his second check?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline jassi

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2018, 10:44:05 AM »
OK, when did Gerry leave the Tapas table a theoretical second time then and how come none of the rest of the Tapas group mentioned his second check?

No great surprise there, they had great difficulty in remembering even what day it was.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2018, 10:55:59 AM »

No idea. Several of the tapas don’t mention specific checks.

To believe that Oldfield made the 9.30 check you have to believe that totally out of common with the rest of the week he not only checked on someone else’s children but went into the apartment too, unbidden by the parents as far as I can see.

Oldfield also says in his statement that the parents were checking every 15 minutes so why was he checking as late as 9.30 when his last check had been at 9 ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2018, 10:57:26 AM »

Can we keep this sensible please, with no smart aleck replies.  I really don't want to have to delete comments.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2018, 11:06:44 AM »
No great surprise there, they had great difficulty in remembering even what day it was.
So in your opinion it’s perfectly credible that all the other diners that evening failed to remember not only that Gerry left the table a second time, but also that he had literally just arrived back at the table moments before his wife went to do a check?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2018, 11:08:38 AM »
No idea. Several of the tapas don’t mention specific checks.

To believe that Oldfield made the 9.30 check you have to believe that totally out of common with the rest of the week he not only checked on someone else’s children but went into the apartment too, unbidden by the parents as far as I can see.

Oldfield also says in his statement that the parents were checking every 15 minutes so why was he checking as late as 9.30 when his last check had been at 9 ?
No idea?  So, all the Tapas diners failed to mention Gerry’s second check and his return to the table just moments before his wife got up to do her check, and you have no idea why this massively significant detail was forgotten?

Offline jassi

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2018, 11:12:27 AM »
They were all 'so into one another' that they probably never noticed.  8(0(*

Or maybe not -

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2018, 11:14:03 AM »
No idea?  So, all the Tapas diners failed to mention Gerry’s second check and his return to the table just moments before his wife got up to do her check, and you have no idea why this massively significant detail was forgotten?

Are there any independent witnesses who saw Kate running back to the tapas and raising the alarm ? Any of the waiters, other guests ? Genuine question.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2018, 02:57:45 PM »
They were all 'so into one another' that they probably never noticed.  8(0(*

Wasn't there some confusion about the presence or otherwise of timepieces?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2018, 03:01:52 PM »
Was there?  I think too many questions are being asked in the hope someone else does the donkey work answering them.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2018, 05:28:33 PM »

According to Mr Mitchell there were none.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2018, 05:33:17 PM »
Are there any independent witnesses who saw Kate running back to the tapas and raising the alarm ? Any of the waiters, other guests ? Genuine question.
I would have to check, in the meantime perhaps you could addresss my question?