Author Topic: Jeremy Bamber's air rifle.  (Read 4426 times)

Offline Myster

Jeremy Bamber's air rifle.
« on: April 12, 2020, 05:04:09 PM »
Aunt Agatha... It's been rumoured on here that you were given some rifle to keep. Is this true or just another myth?

« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 06:25:18 PM by John »
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Aunt Agatha

Re: Jeremy Bamber's air rifle.
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2020, 05:07:34 PM »
Aunt Agatha... It's been rumoured on here that you were given some rifle) to keep. Is this true or just another myth?

That's true!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 09:53:01 PM by John »

Offline Myster

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2020, 05:12:05 PM »
That's true!
May I ask if you've still got it, or has it been handed back to Essex Police?  Another rumour is that it still forms part of their museum.

Offline Aunt Agatha

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2020, 05:16:34 PM »
May I ask if you've still got it, or has it been handed back to Essex Police?  Another rumour is that it still forms part of their museum.

I have twin sons and I thought it too dangerous to have a rifle in the house, even though it was in the attic, I wanted it gone. So I handed it in to my local police station. No questions asked.  It was handed in during one of the gun amnesty around 2009

Offline Aunt Agatha

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2020, 05:17:56 PM »
I gave the wetsuit he also gave me to a charity shop.

Offline Myster

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2020, 05:25:42 PM »
I have twin sons and I thought it too dangerous to have a rifle in the house, even though it was in the attic, I wanted it gone. So I handed it in to my local police station. No questions asked.  It was handed in during one of the gun amnesty around 2009
Ah, Ok... thank you.  So that's where it finished up.  So I guess they knew it had a famous history?  One last question... did you notice if the rear wooden stock was loose where the shard had sheared off, as Jeremy said it was when David Boutflour handled it at the trial?.

Offline Aunt Agatha

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2020, 05:37:16 PM »
Ah, Ok... thank you.  So that's where it finished up.  So I guess they knew it had a famous history?  One last question... did you notice if the rear wooden stock was loose where the shard had sheared off, as Jeremy said it was when David Boutflour handled it at the trial?.

I don't recall anything being loose on the rifle when I received it or when I handed it over however, I didn't play about with it or examine it. I know nothing at all about guns/rifles.

Offline Myster

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2020, 05:43:10 PM »
Thanks again.  It makes another question I wanted to ask redundant then, i.e. whether those two long marks where it says DAMAGE are actually just surface scratches, or deep splits in the wooden stock...

Offline Aunt Agatha

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2020, 05:50:14 PM »
Thanks again.  It makes another question I wanted to ask redundant then, i.e. whether those two long marks where it says DAMAGE are actually just surface scratches, or deep splits in the wooden stock...

I cannot answer that, sorry.
Please remember, Essex police came to my home and handed all these things to me... They were all examined throughly before I received them.
I felt at the time my examining with the naked eye would be utterly useless and duro g receipt of this rifle I was not in possession of the information you have shown.

Offline Myster

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2020, 05:58:18 PM »

Please remember, Essex police came to my home and handed all these things to me... They were all examined throughly before I received them.
I felt at the time my examining with the naked eye would be utterly useless and duro g receipt of this rifle I was not in possession of the information you have shown.
It was something which had been niggling me for a while, but enough questions for now!  8((()*/

Offline Aunt Agatha

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2020, 06:06:52 PM »
It was something which had been niggling me for a while, but enough questions for now!  8((()*/

Sure. I don't visit here often, if you do want to question me on the forum again, dm me and ill come back.
You will find previous posts of mine on the blue forum also.

Thank you and sorry I couldn't be off more assistance.

Offline Aunt Agatha

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2020, 06:12:02 PM »

I was cooking dinner and I answered your question before phoned died. I now have time to read your question properly.  The wood was neither damaged or split. It remained smooth with no splits whatsoever. I'd have remembered otherwise as knowing me I would have noted that for sure by covering it up so I would not scratch myself on it if I handled it again.
So no  I'm pretty certain there was no split or break in the wood.

Offline Myster

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2020, 06:22:43 PM »

I was cooking dinner and I answered your question before phoned died. I now have time to read your question properly.  The wood was neither damaged or split. It remained smooth with no splits whatsoever. I'd have remembered otherwise as knowing me I would have noted that for sure by covering it up so I would not scratch myself on it if I handled it again.
So no  I'm pretty certain there was no split or break in the wood.
But it was definitely the murder weapon, not a different Anschutz 525?... and it had a piece missing, the shard which landed on the mat in front of the AGA?

Offline Aunt Agatha

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2020, 06:27:03 PM »
But it was definitely the murder weapon, not a different Anschutz 525?... and it had a piece missing, the shard which landed on the mat in front of the AGA?

My rifle only shot rabbits (so I was told) . We must be talking about a different rifle.

Offline Aunt Agatha

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2020, 06:29:45 PM »

Mike tesco knows exactly what rifle was given to me. He found out on paperwork.  I suggest you ask him to clarify.