Author Topic: How likely is it that Jane Tanner and the Smiths saw the 'same' man ?  (Read 105603 times)

Offline colombosstogey

Re: How likely is it that Jane Tanner and the Smiths saw the 'same' man ?
« Reply #390 on: November 07, 2013, 11:54:30 AM »
You don't seriously believe that Scotland Yard and The PJ are actually telling what they are doing, do you?

And besides, the current suspect was obviously up to no good, and could well have been involved with others.  He obviously knew how to get into appartments so he had to be looked into.
It is not the fault of Scotland Yard if The PJ is leaking like a sieve.  Again.

Can you clarify when was he up to know good?

He has never had a record since he was pardoned.....

When did he get time to rob all these apartments as from what his family said he was working up until he died....

Anyway I wouldnt personally put too much stock on this guy doing anything....

At this stage E. Monteiro is not being considered as the main and only suspect of the crime - this was assured by several PJ sources contacted by JN. It's just a “loose end, a lead that needs to be followed so no one can blame the PJ for not following all leads”.

In fact, the Cape-Verdean is not referenced for crimes of paedophilia or for kidnappings.

Taken from here:

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2013/11/pj-investigates-past-of-suspect-who.html

I just think as I thought before they are just tying up loose ends.......

I personally do not think this guy has anything to do with her abduction...IMHO....

Lyall

« Reply #391 on: November 07, 2013, 11:57:18 AM »
This is just not true.  And Scotland Yard did not state categorically that they had dismissed Jane Tanners sighting.

The Police simply say what it suits them to say.  This is perfectly normal.

Certainly is. It's just the same when Mr Redwood is asked questions by journalists. And they all ask him the exact same question again and again every single day of course.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #392 on: November 07, 2013, 12:04:20 PM »

The current suspect was pardoned in 1996, since when he was dismissed from The Ocean Club for pilfering, and is known to have broken into appartments at The Ocean Club to feed his drug habit.
How much more suspicious can his presence in PdL on may the 3rd have been?

Offline colombosstogey

« Reply #393 on: November 07, 2013, 12:08:24 PM »
The front door.  This is bugging me a bit.

I read that it was kept locked so would they keep the key in the lock? If this was the case no one could get in as the spare or copied key would not work...if someone tried to get in from the front...

I have a front door which is kept locked during the day, because otherwise anyone can just walk in, and I keep my key on a hook above incase of fire, and so my husband if he is in late can use his own key IF I leave my key in the lock he cant use his the other side.
==========================

you don't leave the key in on the inside of a yale lock it locks automatic ...only opens with key from outside  ...was it a yale lock ...?

Hi Benita thanks hun.

This is what i read about this particular door and key....

The gate opens on to steps that lead straight to the balcony and in through the patio door. The kidnapper could
But Portuguese police have always believed any intruder would have used the FRONT DOOR to enter, knowing the McCanns would never use it that night. He could also have escaped through the shuttered front window to the children's bedroom. For this he would have needed a KEY to the front door. The one the McCanns had for the Ocean Club apartment is known in the locksmiths' trade as a "crucifix key" - and is very unusual because it has four sides. Experienced British locksmith John Reeder told us the key used to take us into the flat yesterday is almost certainly a copy. He said: "Most locksmiths would not be able to copy it without great difficulty. The one in the picture is almost certainly not the original."

Supporting the theory that the kidnap could be an inside job, he added: "I would say it is most likely there is at least one other key in circulation as most locks come with at least two spares when they are cut. But there are not many keys aroun like this one."

http://www.mccannfiles.com/imagelib/sitebuilder/misc/show_image.html?linkedwidth=actual&linkpath=http://www.mccannfiles.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/notwkey.jpg&target=tlx_picebsh

So that is why it bugs me. For an abductor to have another one of these keys is very unusual...its not a yale but a special lock...

A yale you can easily get copied...but not this particular key....

I always thought the abductor came through the front door it would make sense, however its the key that bugs me where did they get it from?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #394 on: November 07, 2013, 12:09:54 PM »
The current suspect was pardoned in 1996, since when he was dismissed from The Ocean Club for pilfering, and is known to have broken into appartments at The Ocean Club to feed his drug habit.

Do burglars usually abduct children?
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Cariad

« Reply #395 on: November 07, 2013, 12:12:40 PM »

Really? Can you cite please?

Offline colombosstogey

« Reply #396 on: November 07, 2013, 12:14:47 PM »

show me a link where he has been caught doing so? Proof not just gossip in newspapers and hearsay.

This guy does not match the profile.

No one saw him on the 3rd in PDL. His phone pinged in the location, he lived less then 15 minutes away, his sister in law lived 5 minutes from PDL, and he simply could have sold his mobile.

I have not read one thing from the police which states this guy has a record beyond 1996. Even the 5 euros he is allegedgly supposed to have taken is no proof of anything and he was not REPORTED to the police for taking it, WHY?

His employers knew he had a record, surely they would have rang the police, they didnt...

I am suspicious of this 5euro, it was in those days about 3.00 tip money, NOT theiving....

I would appreciate a link so you can showe me this guys record from 1996...thank you.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #397 on: November 07, 2013, 12:30:07 PM »
Do burglars usually abduct children?

They might if they are desperate enough for money.  And know how to get into appartments.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #398 on: November 07, 2013, 12:31:08 PM »
Really? Can you cite please?

Ask the people who leaked all of this information.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #399 on: November 07, 2013, 12:36:51 PM »
show me a link where he has been caught doing so? Proof not just gossip in newspapers and hearsay.

This guy does not match the profile.

No one saw him on the 3rd in PDL. His phone pinged in the location, he lived less then 15 minutes away, his sister in law lived 5 minutes from PDL, and he simply could have sold his mobile.

I have not read one thing from the police which states this guy has a record beyond 1996. Even the 5 euros he is allegedgly supposed to have taken is no proof of anything and he was not REPORTED to the police for taking it, WHY?

His employers knew he had a record, surely they would have rang the police, they didnt...

I am suspicious of this 5euro, it was in those days about 3.00 tip money, NOT theiving....

I would appreciate a link so you can showe me this guys record from 1996...thank you.

I don't know who might have had his mobile, or if he was involved.  But The PJ seem to think he was worth looking at.
And even his family said he had a drug problem.
Or are you suggesting that this is all made up garbage?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #400 on: November 07, 2013, 12:41:01 PM »
I don't know who might have had his mobile, or if he was involved.  But The PJ seem to think he was worth looking at.

I smoke weed occasionally & used to drink quite alot.

Strangely enough it really has given me an overwhelming desire to abduct children.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline colombosstogey

« Reply #401 on: November 07, 2013, 12:42:48 PM »

The word is HAD.

He HAD a drug problem when he was young hence he did some petty pilfering, BUT he was PARDONED in 1996 and allowed to stay in Portugal and not be deported back to Verde.

For him to be PARDONED, it would mean that he had behaved himself and also showed that he had changed, they dont just PARDON anyone.

I know several drug addicts who turned their lives around, and alcoholics too.

The fact he has a family and a lovely looking partner who seems to have a lot about her, and the fact he ALWAYS WORKED even to the day he DIED, shows that this man had something good about him.

I REFUSE to listen or read rubbish about this guy most of which is hearsay or turned into something else CHINESE WHISPERS.

The guy is dead he cant answer any of this. I go by FACTS not fiction.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #402 on: November 07, 2013, 12:53:30 PM »
Burglars don't abduct children, sometimes they kill them by accident.
Al Capone was so shocked by what happened to the Lindbergh baby that he offered an enormous amount to whoever had taken him.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #403 on: November 07, 2013, 01:02:37 PM »
The word is HAD.

He HAD a drug problem when he was young hence he did some petty pilfering, BUT he was PARDONED in 1996 and allowed to stay in Portugal and not be deported back to Verde.

For him to be PARDONED, it would mean that he had behaved himself and also showed that he had changed, they dont just PARDON anyone.

I know several drug addicts who turned their lives around, and alcoholics too.

The fact he has a family and a lovely looking partner who seems to have a lot about her, and the fact he ALWAYS WORKED even to the day he DIED, shows that this man had something good about him.

I REFUSE to listen or read rubbish about this guy most of which is hearsay or turned into something else CHINESE WHISPERS.

The guy is dead he cant answer any of this. I go by FACTS not fiction.

So The Ocean Club sacked him unfairly, did they?

Cariad

« Reply #404 on: November 07, 2013, 01:18:22 PM »
Ask the people who leaked all of this information.

I'm asking you. You stated that he was known to break in to holiday apartments. You must have got that from somewhere so I'm asking you to provide a cite to see how reliable this information is.