Author Topic: Why didn't Jeremy Bamber dial 999?  (Read 22851 times)

Offline adam

Re: Why didn't Jeremy Bamber dial 999?
« Reply #105 on: July 22, 2018, 09:59:50 AM »
"You've got to help me. My father has rang me and said "Please come over. Your sister has gone crazy and has got the gun." Then the line went dead."

I don't believe a person would decide to look up the number for the local police station after hearing that rather than dial 999. He'd just told you your sister has gone CRAZy and has got a GUN ,followed by the telephone line going DEAD.... it couldn't be any more urgent could it ! ?

It wasn't local. It was the 5th furthest away police station. But at least it wasn't the sixth.

I know my nearest police station. But not the second furthest.

Offline IndigoJ

« Reply #106 on: July 22, 2018, 10:48:24 AM »
It wasn't local. It was the 5th furthest away police station. But at least it wasn't the sixth.

I know my nearest police station. But not the second furthest.

In any emergency I would and have dialed 999 it wouldnt enter my head to phone the local one.

Offline IndigoJ

« Reply #107 on: July 22, 2018, 11:00:25 AM »
I agree if NB gave a clear request/instruction it makes no sense but this isn't what JB and others said in their first WS's etc:

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=5723.msg202984#msg202984

In the absence of a recording we are reliant upon perfect recall which doesn't happen in the real world.

I was going on what the Court of Appeal Judgement 2002 quotes http://www.homepage-link.to/JUSTICE/judgements/Bamber/index.html

What did JB say then? I have not read anything to indicate he didnt say that his father has told me Shelia had "gone mad , with the gun" and the line going "dead" ?

Offline IndigoJ

« Reply #108 on: July 22, 2018, 11:02:24 AM »
If JB is guilty then he had a choice, either make up the phone call or leave it so that someone else discovered the scene and came to their own conclusion, I wonder why if JB is guilty that he decided to add in a fake phone call and thus insert himself into the investigation at the earliest possible stage?

Offline adam

« Reply #109 on: July 22, 2018, 11:10:22 AM »
If JB is guilty then he had a choice, either make up the phone call or leave it so that someone else discovered the scene and came to their own conclusion, I wonder why if JB is guilty that he decided to add in a fake phone call and thus insert himself into the investigation at the earliest possible stage?

I'll leave you to answer your own question. You may come up with new reasons.

There are lots of reasons which have already been posted.  Several times.

Offline adam

« Reply #110 on: July 22, 2018, 11:12:38 AM »
I was going on what the Court of Appeal Judgement 2002 quotes http://www.homepage-link.to/JUSTICE/judgements/Bamber/index.html

What did JB say then? I have not read anything to indicate he didnt say that his father has told me Shelia had "gone mad , with the gun" and the line going "dead" ?

Yes Bamber did tell the police this. What else would he tell them ?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 12:52:13 PM by adam »

Offline IndigoJ

« Reply #111 on: July 22, 2018, 11:38:37 AM »
Yes Bamber did tell the police this. What else wpuld he tell them ?

I don't know, I wasn't the one who queried it

Offline IndigoJ

« Reply #112 on: July 22, 2018, 11:39:13 AM »
I'll leave you to answer your own question. You may come up with new reasons.

There are lots of reasons which have already been posted.  Several times.

I'm new to the forum and haven't had the time to read all the posts on this case,

Offline Caroline

« Reply #113 on: July 22, 2018, 11:46:58 AM »

Because it gives him an alibi - if he is home taking a call from his father, he couldn't have been at the scene killing the family and Nevil's (supposed) last words implicate Sheila.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #114 on: July 22, 2018, 11:48:58 AM »
I'm new to the forum and haven't had the time to read all the posts on this case,

No probs.  The more experienced posters will point you in the right direction.  We all have to start somewhere.   

8((()*/
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline adam

« Reply #115 on: July 22, 2018, 12:11:09 PM »

Never mind about reading other peoples posts.

Why do you believe Bamber rang the police.  Instead of hopeing someone else finds them before he starts work ?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #116 on: July 22, 2018, 12:34:52 PM »
Never mind about reading other peoples posts.

Why do you believe Bamber rang the police.  Instead of hopeing someone else finds them before he starts work ?

In other words Adam you're interested in IndigoJ's opinion?

Can we be make newcomers feel welcome please.  Thanks.
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline adam

« Reply #117 on: July 22, 2018, 12:59:38 PM »
In other words Adam you're interested in IndigoJ's opinion?

Can we be make newcomers feel welcome please.  Thanks.

Hopefully IndigoJ will think of some suggestions. As I did.  Rather than just asking & waiting for the answers.  It is good to think sometimes.

Oh & 44 days after joining,  'welcome'.

Offline Myster

« Reply #118 on: July 22, 2018, 01:21:43 PM »
No probs.  The more experienced posters will point you in the right direction.  We all have to start somewhere.   

8((()*/
Like MF with a pea-shooter.  8(8-))
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #119 on: July 22, 2018, 02:03:22 PM »
Hopefully IndigoJ will think of some suggestions. As I did.  Rather than just asking & waiting for the answers.  It is good to think sometimes.

Oh & 44 days after joining,  'welcome'.

I usually enjoy your sarcasm but it's wearing a bit thin here.