Author Topic: Sun's Nick Pisa refers to Gonçalo Amaral as a "Poisonous Liar".  (Read 39657 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Sun's Nick Pisa refers to Gonçalo Amaral as a "Poisonous Liar".
« Reply #195 on: November 09, 2018, 08:46:46 AM »
ByNeil Murphy
5 NOV 2018

A Portuguese detective has made thousands from a book which falsely accuses Madeleine McCann's parents of covering up their daughter's death.

Goncalo Amaral raked in over £350,000 from his book 'The Truth Of The Lie' which falsely claimed Kate and Gerry McCann accidentally killed Madeleine and hid her body, court documents show.

The former officer pointed the finger at the British class system in an interview which will be aired on Portuguese news channel CMTV.

Amaral claims Portuguese prosecutors felt ‘intimidated by the United Kingdom’ and claims the McCanns were given special treatment by British authorities because they were doctors.

The ex-policeman refuted claims his officers’ probe was shoddy and says interference from the UK hindered the process.
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/madeleine-mccann-cop-pockets-350000-13536790

Is Amaral really going to appear on CMTV to continue the conspiracy theory that 'Portuguese prosecutors felt intimidated by the United Kingdom’ ?
I wonder why he would do that at this moment in time.

Another highly inaccurate article.

The distraught couple are now in a legal battle with the former Policia Judiciaria officer at the European Court of Human Rights over the false claims. WRONG

The McCann's sought to halt the sale of the book by issuing an injunction and began a libel case against the Portuguese detective in 2015. WRONG

But he successfully overturned the ruling last April - forcing Kate and Gerry to lodge an appeal in Portugal’s Supreme Court. WRONG
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/madeleine-mccann-cop-pockets-350000-13536790

I think this journalist is confused. He seems to know the content of this interview which has not yet been broadcast. I think he's referring to a past event, not a future one.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

« Reply #196 on: November 09, 2018, 09:09:37 AM »
Another highly inaccurate article.

The distraught couple are now in a legal battle with the former Policia Judiciaria officer at the European Court of Human Rights over the false claims. WRONG

The McCann's sought to halt the sale of the book by issuing an injunction and began a libel case against the Portuguese detective in 2015. WRONG

But he successfully overturned the ruling last April - forcing Kate and Gerry to lodge an appeal in Portugal’s Supreme Court. WRONG

I think this journalist is confused. He seems to know the content of this interview which has not yet been broadcast. I think he's referring to a past event, not a future one.

Well he does tend to reiterate the same old same old whenever or wherever or interviewed by whom and even those he denies giving ... so who would really be able to tell the difference?
Amaral not giving an interview to Channel 7 Australian journalist
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline jassi

« Reply #197 on: November 09, 2018, 09:25:17 AM »
Well he does tend to reiterate the same old same old whenever or wherever or interviewed by whom and even those he denies giving ... so who would really be able to tell the difference?
Amaral not giving an interview to Channel 7 Australian journalist

I believe that Australian program was very much a cut & paste job.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 10:44:41 AM by John »
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline The General

« Reply #198 on: November 09, 2018, 09:28:44 AM »
If I was in his position, as a disenfranchised ex-cop with a story to tell and people who want to hear that story, I'd be giving an interview to the milkman for a few quid. I'd regurgitate that sh** ad nauseum to anyone who pays.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #199 on: November 09, 2018, 09:40:29 AM »
Strange his silence have g been called a poisoned liar

Offline Brietta

« Reply #200 on: November 09, 2018, 09:47:34 AM »
If I was in his position, as a disenfranchised ex-cop with a story to tell and people who want to hear that story, I'd be giving an interview to the milkman for a few quid. I'd regurgitate that sh** ad nauseum to anyone who pays.

In my opinion that is exactly what he did ... the only problem for him as far as I can see is that he didn't really have a story to tell and if he had told the one he did differently he could have been quids in.
I think that 'Ace up his sleeve' must be causing chafing and discomfort by now.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline The General

« Reply #201 on: November 09, 2018, 10:17:53 AM »

In my opinion that is exactly what he did ... the only problem for him as far as I can see is that he didn't really have a story to tell and if he had told the one he did differently he could have been quids in.
I think that 'Ace up his sleeve' must be causing chafing and discomfort by now.
.....and yet that lack of a story hasn't held him back at all, in fact it's compelling enough for global media to keep coming back. I doubt it chafes at all.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #202 on: November 09, 2018, 10:18:38 AM »
I believe that Australian program was very much a cut & paste job.

I don't think the woman involved works for Channel 7 any more. Apparently trying to pass off old interviews as new ones was frowned upon.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 10:45:00 AM by John »
Result = happy posting.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #203 on: November 09, 2018, 10:24:20 AM »
.....and yet that lack of a story hasn't held him back at all, in fact it's compelling enough for global media to keep coming back. I doubt it chafes at all.

Do you believe the ace is still up his sleeve, waiting  to be shown at some time in the future?
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #204 on: November 09, 2018, 10:40:27 AM »
A Boris Brexit Story, a Spice Girls story and a Madeleine McCann story - why was the latter the big headline if no one is interested in the McCanns anymore and wishes they would go away?

You’d have to provide figures for sales of the Sun when Madeleine McCann is featured and when she isn’t. Once you prove sales do actually go up then we can discuss.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #205 on: November 09, 2018, 10:49:12 AM »

Could you please watch your language.  Entirely unnecessary.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #206 on: November 09, 2018, 10:55:58 AM »

Do you imagine that outside our little internet chat fora the world at large knows anything about Amaral and if they even care if they do.

Why else might it have come as a surprise to some that he was at one time rolling in cash as a result not of his success in solving the case of a missing child but of playing prosecution, judge and jury as far as her parents are concerned.  All without one iota of proof and singularly flying in the face of logic as determined by the PJ and prosecutors in 2008.

Cristovao wasn't stupid enough to miss out on enjoying the proceeds from one of his series of books on missing children ... on this occasion, Madeleine ... without let or hindrance of missing out on the rewards a best seller generates.

Offline Lace

« Reply #207 on: November 09, 2018, 11:31:43 AM »
IMO I would agree with the Nick Pisa in what he says.   Amaral stated in his book that the DNA and dog alerts proved there was a body,  is that true? No.   It is poisonous as people believe him.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #208 on: November 09, 2018, 11:56:02 AM »
IMO I would agree with the Nick Pisa in what he says.   Amaral stated in his book that the DNA and dog alerts proved there was a body,  is that true? No.   It is poisonous as people believe him.

I think you'll find that statement is not a fact, it's an opinion.

Result = happy posting.

Offline sadie

« Reply #209 on: November 09, 2018, 02:59:23 PM »

Some people have morals, others don't