Author Topic: Madeleine Fund Director in the news!  (Read 5102 times)

Offline faithlilly

Madeleine Fund Director in the news!
« on: August 20, 2013, 07:39:42 PM »
Seems Jon Corner now has questions of his own to answer regarding public money.

http://www.salfordstar.com/article.asp?id=1918

We are allowing this thread on the basis that it is in the public interest. 
Please stick to known facts and do not speculate or make unsubstantiated claims.

Admin

« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 12:07:30 PM by Admin »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline faithlilly

Re: Madeleine Fund Director in the news!
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 09:41:18 PM »
This part of the article interested me especially :

'Mediastill Ltd is a Liverpool based company with no phone number or website, only a registered office at an accountants, and is 75% owned by Jon Corner (snip)'

Sounds rather like Alpha Investigations Group, the McCanns detectives of choice.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline sadie

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 10:40:30 PM »
Seems Jon Corner now has questions of his own to answer regarding public money.

http://www.salfordstar.com/article.asp?id=1918

Well * IF * he is being paid too much, then you need to get on to Chief Exec Barbara Spicer of Salford Council.   She earns more.

And she obviously thinks the service his company gives is worth it

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 10:54:36 PM »
Well * IF * he is being paid too much, then you need to get on to Chief Exec Barbara Spicer of Salford Council.   She earns more.

And she obviously thinks the service his company gives is worth it

The Salford Star says "No, Salford Council, the implication is that you are paying a massive wad for `consultancy' to a company/person that appears to be working full time, while you are slashing budgets by £100million and cutting services for some of the most vulnerable people in the city."

Tut, tut, not the sort of chap, I'm sure you will agree sadie, that should be a director of a high profile fund.

Offline sadie

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 11:07:20 PM »
The Salford Star says "No, Salford Council, the implication is that you are paying a massive wad for `consultancy' to a company/person that appears to be working full time, while you are slashing budgets by £100million and cutting services for some of the most vulnerable people in the city."

Tut, tut, not the sort of chap, I'm sure you will agree sadie, that should be a director of a high profile fund.
You, obviously Faith, have never been in the business world and have no idea of the sums Consultants are able to command.  They are experts in their field and they carry the can if anything goes wrong.

A good consultant, whist being extraordinarily expensive to employ, will usually save the employing person/group many times what he costs.

If that didn't happen, he would never get any more contracts

My bet is that Jon saved Salford many hundreds of thousands, probably millions

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2013, 11:15:50 PM »
The Salford Star??!!

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2013, 11:16:32 PM »
You, obviously Faith, have never been in the business world and have no idea of the sums Consultants are able to command.  They are experts in their field and they carry the can if anything goes wrong.

A good consultant, whist being extraordinarily expensive to employ, will usually save the employing person/group many times what he costs.

If that didn't happen, he would never get any more contracts

My bet is that Jon saved Salford many hundreds of thousands, probably millions

I believe Jon Corner's last enterprise didn't fair too well :

http://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/river-digital-(uk)

AnneGuedes

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2013, 11:17:47 PM »
Anonymity does funny things to some people Anne, irrespective of their 'real' personae.
Anonymity is used like permission to open Pandora's box. But Pandora only managed to close hope in the jar again.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2013, 11:18:21 PM »
The Salford Star??!!

A local paper Sherlock whose readers want to know how their taxes are being spent, locally.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2013, 11:19:12 PM »
Anonymity is used like permission to open Pandora's box. But Pandora only managed to close hope in the jar again.

Indeed Anne.

Offline sadie

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2013, 11:38:04 PM »
I believe Jon Corner's last enterprise didn't fair too well :

http://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/river-digital-(uk)

As I said they are experts in their field, but consultants carry the can if anything goes wrong.

Maybe he has had to carry the can in one enterprise

Maybe due to the recession there is no longer any call for Consultancy firms?

We dont know and it is unsavoury scrutinizing and picking people to pieces like this on a public forum.

Btw, all sorts of people call themselves Consultants these days, but they are not the real Consultants who are experts in advanced fields

Offline Carana

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2013, 10:09:39 AM »
It sounds like an interesting urban regeneration project with the BBC and ITV involved. At a time of government cutbacks, I guess some people don't see it that way.

http://www.prolificnorth.co.uk/2013/03/the-landing-the-story-behind-its-creation/

http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/417598.article

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2013, 10:51:47 AM »
What has this got to do with Madeleine?

Posts have been deleted for straying from the subject,   so why has this thread been allowed?

Jon Corner is at present a director of the Madeleine fund so he has a direct say in how it is administered therefore it has a direct bearing on the case.

....edited...
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 12:03:20 PM by Admin »

Offline Admin

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2013, 12:05:06 PM »
This topic retitled and edited.  Please note caveat in op. 

Admin. ?>)()<

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2013, 12:10:48 PM »
This topic retitled and edited.  Please note caveat in op. 

Admin. ?>)()<

Thank you Admin.