Author Topic: You Pays Your Money......Or Do You ?  (Read 5539 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: You Pays Your Money......Or Do You ?
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2013, 03:13:55 PM »
What are the costs in Portugal?

A very good question Carana, the answer to which remains to be seen.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2013, 05:45:52 PM »
Who is going to come along and put money into the fund if SY fail to reach a conclusion as to what has happened?

Rachel Granada

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2013, 06:19:42 PM »
Who is going to come along and put money into the fund if SY fail to reach a conclusion as to what has happened?

I rather fancy that Amaral will be making rather a large "donation" before too long.... @)(++(*

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2013, 06:28:09 PM »
I rather fancy that Amaral will be making rather a large "donation" before too long.... @)(++(*

And if he doesn't ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Rachel Granada

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2013, 06:30:49 PM »
And if he doesn't ?

I'm sure there's plenty left in the Fund for the ongoing search, Faith.  I'd forgotten about the 350K that the holiday friends put into the Fund after they were compensated by the press for having their good names smeared.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2013, 06:35:02 PM »
I'm sure there's plenty left in the Fund for the ongoing search, Faith.  I'd forgotten about the 350K that the holiday friends put into the Fund after they were compensated by the press for having their good names smeared.

So does anyone have an estimate of how much the McCanns and their friends have contributed to the fund?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2013, 06:49:36 PM »

Really ? Do you know how much is still in the fund and how much the litigation will cost the McCanns, or the fund, if they lose the case ?

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2013, 11:48:23 AM »
Fund?? Search??   Am I missing something because I don't recall hearing of any searching going on for years.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Albertini

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2013, 12:16:36 PM »
Really ? Do you know how much is still in the fund and how much the litigation will cost the McCanns, or the fund, if they lose the case ?
According to the accounts upto the end of March 2012 there was:

Reserves     474,867    
Net worth    474,867    
Shareholder funds    474,867

Offline Mr Justice K

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2013, 03:23:00 PM »
With all the goodwill in the world may I ask how it is feasibly possible to search for a child which went missing in Portugal over 6 years ago while living and working in England?   Is it not the case that a full time career is an impediment to such an undertaking?  I would suggest a sabbatical of sufficient duration to do the job properly.

Law without justice is a wound without a cure.  (William Scott Downey)

Offline Benice

« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2013, 04:03:51 PM »
Fund?? Search??   Am I missing something because I don't recall hearing of any searching going on for years.

Yes Angelo you are missing the fact that physical searching is not the only way to search for missing people - especially when there is a strong possibility that your loved one may have been removed to another country by the abductor.  There are better ways of utilising the limited time and money available in order  to give the missing person the best chance of being found.     

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Carana

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2013, 05:46:06 PM »
With all the goodwill in the world may I ask how it is feasibly possible to search for a child which went missing in Portugal over 6 years ago while living and working in England?   Is it not the case that a full time career is an impediment to such an undertaking?  I would suggest a sabbatical of sufficient duration to do the job properly.

And search where and how?

You can't take a spade and shovel to search people's property (unless you're a particular South African with dubious credibility).

While the police are doing a ground search, you can work on publicity campaigns and on developing networks to get the publicity out there, get the press involved (even though that was a two-edged sword).

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2013, 09:26:03 AM »
Yes Angelo you are missing the fact that physical searching is not the only way to search for missing people - especially when there is a strong possibility that your loved one may have been removed to another country by the abductor.  There are better ways of utilising the limited time and money available in order  to give the missing person the best chance of being found.     

The point being that they aren't using the funds, they are accumulating them!!
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2013, 09:28:29 AM »

Hi Mr JK.   I have always said the same.  The McCanns notion of 'searching' is laughable but then again understandable since there is nothing to search for!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

AnneGuedes

« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2013, 10:56:35 AM »
Hi Mr JK.   I have always said the same.  The McCanns notion of 'searching' is laughable but then again understandable since there is nothing to search for!!
This is libel, Angelo !