Author Topic: Children wandering off.  (Read 15772 times)

stephen25000

Re: Children wandering off.
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2013, 10:01:58 AM »
This is what Danny Collins thinks happened.

Thanks for that Lyall.

Lyall

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2013, 10:07:03 AM »
Thanks for that Lyall.

His book is interesting. It's the only one successfully published in the UK - he doesn't say much, but does make it clear he just doesn't believe the abduction from inside the apartment claim. And the book's still on sale (even with Amazon).

stephen25000

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2013, 10:09:38 AM »
His book is interesting. It's the only one successfully published in the UK - he doesn't say much, but does make it clear he just doesn't believe the abduction from inside the apartment claim. And the book's still on sale (even with Amazon).

Thanks, I'll have a look at that.

Offline Lace

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2013, 10:12:14 AM »

So what does he believe happened to Madeleine Lyall?

Lyall

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2013, 10:15:33 AM »
So what does he believe happened to Madeleine Lyall?

He thinks she left the apartment herself, and was abducted outside.

Lyall

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2013, 10:17:34 AM »
His book was published in 2008, but he sticks to his theory even after publication of Kate's book.

There's a radio interview with him somewhere, in 2012 I think. I'll find the link.

ferryman

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2013, 10:21:32 AM »
To give credence ... to the idea that Madeleine could have walked out on her own, you would have to accept that she had gone out the back way, pulling aside the living room curtains and drawing them again, then opening the patio door, the child safety gate at the top of the stairs on the veranda and the little gate to the road and carefully closing all three behind her

Kate McCann

Offline Lace

« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2013, 10:21:51 AM »
He thinks she left the apartment herself, and was abducted outside.

Gerry saw her at about 10 minutes or so past nine.

Jane saw a man crossing the road with a child at about fifteen minutes past nine. 

Another check was done by a friend of the McCann's   who went up the patio steps.

Then Kate finds Madeleine missing at about 10.

I can't imagine that Madeleine came down those steps in between all this going on and got abducted.    In any case as the expert said she would have been drawn to the lights and noise of the Tapas bar.

It is more likely that the man Jane saw was the abductor.

Lyall

« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2013, 10:26:09 AM »
Gerry saw her at about 10 minutes or so past nine.

Jane saw a man crossing the road with a child at about fifteen minutes past nine. 

Another check was done by a friend of the McCann's   who went up the patio steps.

Then Kate finds Madeleine missing at about 10.

I can't imagine that Madeleine came down those steps in between all this going on and got abducted.    In any case as the expert said she would have been drawn to the lights and noise of the Tapas bar.

It is more likely that the man Jane saw was the abductor.

You can't imagine Madeleine leaving herself and meeting her fate elsewhere "in between all this going on", yet you're content to believe someone managed to enter the apartment and take her in the same time period?

I'm not content to take that option.

Lyall

« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2013, 10:27:06 AM »
Here's Mr Collins, speaking in 2012.

http://tunein.com/topic/?topicId=38351661

Offline Lace

« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2013, 10:35:47 AM »
You can't imagine Madeleine leaving herself and meeting her fate elsewhere "in between all this going on", yet you're content to believe someone managed to enter the apartment and take her in the same time period?

I'm not content to take that option.

I believe someone came in through the front door and abducted Madeleine yes.     I don't think someone would have abducted her from the patio steps as firstly I don't think Madeleine would have wandered off,  what small child closes everything behind them?   and two there was too much activity going on by the patio steps.

Lyall

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2013, 10:38:45 AM »
I believe someone came in through the front door and abducted Madeleine yes.     I don't think someone would have abducted her from the patio steps as firstly I don't think Madeleine would have wandered off,  what small child closes everything behind them?   and two there was too much activity going on by the patio steps.

You don't know the gates, curtains and door were closed, either at 10 or at 9.30. You can't take the word of witnesses to be fact.

Lyall

« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2013, 10:44:08 AM »
If there was a witness outside the group of friends that would be more persuasive, but there isn't.

Offline Lace

« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2013, 10:47:51 AM »
If there was a witness outside the group of friends that would be more persuasive, but there isn't.

I listened to Mr. Collins Lyall and he has got his facts wrong.    The McCann's didn't admit a week later that the patio doors were open,   Kate McCann in her very first statement with the police said that the Patio doors were open.

If you are going to say well how do you know the gate was shut the patio door was shut etc etc then there is no point debating it is pointless.

Offline Benice

« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2013, 10:55:55 AM »
I listened to Mr. Collins Lyall and he has got his facts wrong.    The McCann's didn't admit a week later that the patio doors were open,   Kate McCann in her very first statement with the police said that the Patio doors were open.

If you are going to say well how do you know the gate was shut the patio door was shut etc etc then there is no point debating it is pointless.

It's so easy to be a 'sceptic' Lace.   Any claims made by witnesses that don't fit in with their theory - are simply dismissed by immediately casting doubt on the veracity of the witness in question.  It's just a cheap 'cop-out' IMO. 

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal