Author Topic: Kate McCann and mum spotted in Lisbon ahead of libel trial.  (Read 4382 times)

Offline faithlilly

Kate McCann and mum spotted in Lisbon ahead of libel trial.
« on: September 11, 2013, 10:11:12 PM »
Seems Kate McCann has been spotted in Lisbon, alone.

Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!
Re: Kate McCann and mum spotted in Lisbon ahead of libel trial.
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 10:20:01 PM »
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/uk/kate-mccann-to-attend-libel-case-29572316.html

Kate McCann to attend libel case

11 SEPTEMBER 2013

The mother of missing Madeleine McCann is expected to attend a Portuguese court for the start of the family's libel action against a former local police chief.

Kate McCann will be accompanied by her mother Susan Healy for the first hearing of the case against Goncalo Amaral who published a book making allegations about the three-year-old's disappearance.

The McCanns have strongly denied the accusations and say the former detective's claims have damaged the hunt for Madeleine and exacerbated the anguish suffered by her relatives.

Their lawyer Isabel Duarte is expected to set out the case - on behalf of Mrs McCann, her husband Gerry and their twins Sean and Amelie, now eight - at Lisbon's civil court.

Mrs McCann, who is travelling to Portugal for the hearing, could have been called as a witness but is not expected to give evidence.

Instead, a number of relatives will appear in the witness box. They will give evidence relating to the "damage" caused by Mr Amaral's book which, they claim, poisoned public opinion in Portugal against the family and allegedly deterred people from hunting for Madeleine.

The family stands to gain around £1 million in damages if their legal action succeeds.

Spokesman Clarence Mitchell said: "Kate and Gerry McCann remain very confident that they will win the case.

"They have a strong case against Mr Amaral. The matter is now in the hands of their lawyer as it goes through court."
Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 10:25:28 PM »
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/uk/kate-mccann-to-attend-libel-case-29572316.html

Kate McCann to attend libel case

11 SEPTEMBER 2013

The mother of missing Madeleine McCann is expected to attend a Portuguese court for the start of the family's libel action against a former local police chief.

Kate McCann will be accompanied by her mother Susan Healy for the first hearing of the case against Goncalo Amaral who published a book making allegations about the three-year-old's disappearance.

The McCanns have strongly denied the accusations and say the former detective's claims have damaged the hunt for Madeleine and exacerbated the anguish suffered by her relatives.

Their lawyer Isabel Duarte is expected to set out the case - on behalf of Mrs McCann, her husband Gerry and their twins Sean and Amelie, now eight - at Lisbon's civil court.

Mrs McCann, who is travelling to Portugal for the hearing, could have been called as a witness but is not expected to give evidence.

Instead, a number of relatives will appear in the witness box. They will give evidence relating to the "damage" caused by Mr Amaral's book which, they claim, poisoned public opinion in Portugal against the family and allegedly deterred people from hunting for Madeleine.

The family stands to gain around £1 million in damages if their legal action succeeds.

Spokesman Clarence Mitchell said: "Kate and Gerry McCann remain very confident that they will win the case.

"They have a strong case against Mr Amaral. The matter is now in the hands of their lawyer as it goes through court."

What an absolute weasel Gerry is. He managed to get time off work, and someone to watch the children, when he and his wife were swanning around publicising her book, so where is he now ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Benice

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 10:59:54 PM »
What an absolute weasel Gerry is. He managed to get time off work, and someone to watch the children, when he and his wife were swanning around publicising her book, so where is he now ?

Have you forwarded Gerry an itinery of your own movements Faith, asking for his approval,  - or do you think that would be none of his business?   

Let's face it, if they both went they'd be wrong, if neither of them went they'd be wrong,  if only one of them goes it will be wrong - in fact whatever they do will always be wrong in some people's eyes.   So predictable.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 11:04:21 PM »
Have you forwarded Gerry an itinery of your own movements Faith, asking for his approval,  - or do you think that would be none of his business?   

Let's face it, if they both went they'd be wrong, if neither of them went they'd be wrong,  if only one of them goes it will be wrong - in fact whatever they do will always be wrong in some people's eyes.   So predictable.

Not wrong, just rather cowardly.

Or perhaps Gerry is distancing himself from an event he no longer wants any part in ?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 11:11:37 PM »
Or perhaps he's working and looking after the twins?

At the same time ?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2013, 11:17:51 PM »
Why not?

As far as I know he doesn't work 24/7.

Don't be silly Neeley.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2013, 11:30:44 PM »
He works while the twins are at school.

He's looking after them after school.

Better?

And he has no friends or family who can watch the twins while he supports his wife through, what is bound to be, a very traumatic time for her ?

He does seem to have a history of abandoning her when the going gets tough.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 11:34:15 PM by Faithlilly »

Offline puglove

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2013, 11:32:21 PM »
He works while the twins are at school.

He's looking after them after school.

Better?

Has he ever been able to justify this?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUcVncYr6xc‎

Or is it another example of "junior doctor behaviour"?

Did he really think that those children wouldn't hear what he said?
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2013, 11:37:11 PM »
Who do you suggest does his work as a cardiologist?

What do you think the hospital does when he's on holiday. Are you really trying to suggest that someone of Gerry's stature couldn't take off a couple of days if he needed to ?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2013, 11:50:59 PM »
Maybe he doesn't feel it is necessary?

After all the McCanns are not on trial.

So he feels it unnecessary to support his wife through, what is bound to be, a very emotional few days for her and unnecessary to be there to shield her from the rabid press pack that will no doubt be outside the court to greet her ? If that is the case then he's a craven coward.

I wonder what Mrs Healy thinks of her spineless son-in-law ?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2013, 11:57:23 PM »
Oh dear.

Clutching at straws spring to mind .

Do carry on though...

@)(++(*

Offline puglove

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2013, 11:59:45 PM »
What do you think the hospital does when he's on holiday. Are you really trying to suggest that someone of Gerry's stature couldn't take off a couple of days if he needed to ?

From my experience, if a consultant goes AWOL, appointments either are put back several months or cancelled. Which leaves the patient in anxious limbo. I'd be extremely pissed off if I was awaiting a diagnosis and my consultant, my one ray of hope, was pratting about on a bike, and doing a bit of swimming.
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2013, 12:20:13 AM »
So he feels it unnecessary to support his wife through, what is bound to be, a very emotional few days for her and unnecessary to be there to shield her from the rabid press pack that will no doubt be outside the court to greet her ? If that is the case then he's a craven coward.

I wonder what Mrs Healy thinks of her spineless son-in-law ?

How many times as Sofa been to court to support her husband, let me think, urm Zero  @)(++(* @)(++(* @)(++(*

I hope one witness will be a nice surprize  ?>)()<
Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2013, 10:46:39 AM »
How many times as Sofa been to court to support her husband, let me think, urm Zero  @)(++(* @)(++(* @)(++(*

I hope one witness will be a nice surprize  ?>)()<

No surprises DCI and no friends and even fewer family.