Author Topic: Re: The deployment of the cadaver dogs revisited.  (Read 5521 times)

ferryman

Re: The deployment of the cadaver dogs revisited.
« on: August 20, 2013, 10:10:44 PM »
Harrison's summary of searches:

The timeline of these searches was as follows:

On 31-07-07 the PJ conducted canine searches with a search warrant at apartments in Praia da Luz that had been previously occupied by the McCanns and their friends.

On 01-08-07 the PJ and GNR assisted by a canine, conducted searches on the eastern beach and wasteland in Praia da Luz.

On 02-08-07 the PJ conducted a search warrant at a villa in Praia da Luz currently occupied by the McCann family.

Later the same day PJ officers conducted a screening procedure involving items removed from the McCann’s villa.

On 03-08-07 PJ and GNR officers were given instruction based on translated extracts from NPIA doctrine on search management and procedures. This focused on search procedures relating to buildings and vehicles.

On 04-08-07 and 05-08-07 a search warrant was executed at the villa and gardens belonging to the PJ suspect Robert Murat. This search involved both PJ and GNR personnel supported by civil defence, geophysical equipment operators and a canine handler.

On 06-08-07 ten vehicles were searched associated to the enquiry.

On 07-08-07 the western beach and remaining wasteland areas were searched using canine and GNR personnel.

On 08-08-07 the drains around the apartment block where Madeleine McCann disappeared from were subject to a visual inspection by PJ officers.

Notice how selective Harrison is in owning UK participation in those searches.

In those searches he recommended, he owns UK participation: the holiday apartments, areas in and around PdL and the Murats' place.

That's it!

Both searches at villa and gym are summarised (without description) as PJ exercises

And while Harrison did recommend an inspection of vehicles, his recommendation was that all cars owned or driven by Murat should be inspected.

Harrison gives no clue who took part in that exercise!

Further (as I've also pointed out before) Harrison waited until after the inspection at the gym to give PJ personnel translated literature on how to conduct inspections in buildings and cars.

The instructions came in time for the inspection of the vehicles, but Grime doesn't appear to have taken much notice.

It does seem pretty clear, though, that the PJ cribbed from this literature in their write-up of the inspection at the gym ...

« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 11:38:42 AM by Admin »

AnneGuedes

Re: Re: The deployment of the cadaver dogs revisited.
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 10:22:47 PM »
 Where is  the "disapproval of Grime's worst excesses in conducting searches" ?

ferryman

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 10:27:32 PM »
Where is  the "disapproval of Grime's worst excesses in conducting searches" ?

Use your imagination, Anne.

If your point is that Harrison ought to have been more forceful and direct, then I'm inclined to agree!

The McCanns might have been spared the (additional) pain of groundless suspicion and traducement if he had ...

AnneGuedes

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 10:35:00 PM »
Use your imagination, Anne.

If your point is that Harrison ought to have been more forceful and direct, then I'm inclined to agree!

The McCanns might have been spared the (additional) pain of groundless suspicion and traducement if he had ...
What has using my imagination got to do here, Ferryman ? You overinterpret Prof Harrison MBE, that's what I reckon !
Please give clear arguments if you insist suspecting Mr Grime deployed Eddie and Keela in the 5A against the indications of Prof Harrison MBE who consequently had to watch, impotent, the incompetent deployment of Mr Grime.

ferryman

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 10:39:08 PM »
What has using my imagination got to do here, Ferryman ? You overinterpret Prof Harrison MBE, that's what I reckon !
Please give clear arguments if you insist suspecting Mr Grime deployed Eddie and Keela in the 5A against the indications of Prof Harrison MBE who consequently had to watch, impotent, the incompetent deployment of Mr Grime.

Overinterpret?

I've just presented the facts.

Nothing else.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2013, 10:55:26 PM »
Overinterpret?

I've just presented the facts.

Nothing else.
You failed to present a statement of Prof Harrison MBE discrediting the work of the precise handler he advised the Portuguese to contract.

ferryman

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2013, 11:03:14 PM »
Here is where the PJ cribbed off the literature in their write-up of the search at the gym:

Official record of the canine inspection at 23h20 on 2 August 2007 at the Municipal Pavilion of Lagos, [situated in] Lagos.

The ten participants are indicated as being five PJ Chief Inspectors (2)/Inspectors (3); The UK NPIA officer (Harrison); the UK dog handler (Grime); the Portuguese-speaking officer from Scotland Yard (Freitas); and the two UK English Springer spaniels - Eddy and Kila.

Following the search effected at Rua das Flores, 27, during which certain items were seized, this present inspection was performed, in a place appropriated for its purpose, attempting to identify particular pieces of clothing possibly indicated by the dogs, namely Eddy [that] indicates cadaver odours and Kila [that] indicates blood odours.

In these terms, the pieces of clothing recovered [from the home] were laid out individually in accordance with instructions given by the British technicians, the dogs [then] walking the area where they [those pieces of clothing] were laid out by order and with the following results described below.

1. Between 23h20 and 23h30 the two dogs were allowed to reconoitre the entire area to guarantee that there were no existing odours - and none were detected by them.

2. Between 23h30 and 23h40 items from the box labelled 'common room' were inspected by the blood dog without result.
- At 23h41 the cadaver dog began its inspection and 'marked' some clothing on the edge of the area. The inspection ended at 23h52 with the clothing having been collected for later direct examination and photographic report.

Particularly given that clothes were all packed together in cardboard boxes, it is odd that they should have worried about pre-existing scents.

Still more odd that there was no gap between completion of reconnoitre and commencement of search, suggesting the clothes were already laid out before the reconnoitre.

Why was not any apparent scent detected during reconnoitre?  and what was the point of the reconnoitre?

Or did the PJ crib off this literature Harrison gave them?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 11:05:07 PM by ferryman »

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2013, 11:23:09 PM »
Just in case you missed it Ferryman, here is Anne's question again :

'You failed to present a statement of Prof Harrison MBE discrediting the work of the precise handler he advised the Portuguese to contract.'

Care to answer it this time ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

ferryman

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2013, 11:26:52 PM »
Just in case you missed it Ferryman, here is Anne's question again :

'You failed to present a statement of Prof Harrison MBE discrediting the work of the precise handler he advised the Portuguese to contract.'

Care to answer it this time ?

Anne failed to understand it.

Not much I can do about that ...

AnneGuedes

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2013, 11:27:02 PM »
The ten participants are indicated as being five PJ Chief Inspectors (2)/Inspectors (3); The UK NPIA officer (Harrison); the UK dog handler (Grime); the Portuguese-speaking officer from Scotland Yard (Freitas); and the two UK English Springer spaniels - Eddy and Kila.
I don't see any comment about Mr Grime's incompetence.
I'm much more interested by the 5A operation. No manipulation, but death scent.

ferryman

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2013, 11:29:23 PM »
I don't see any comment about Mr Grime's incompetence.
I'm much more interested by the 5A operation. No manipulation, but death scent.

Buff up on the difference between tacit and overt disapproval ...

stephen25000

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2013, 07:27:39 AM »
As per usual ferryman ( in any of her/his guises ) evades/ignores questions and continues to attack Grimes.

If the dogs are irrelevant, why to continue to attack Mr. Grimes ?

Offline sadie

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2013, 08:18:26 AM »
[ferryman]
Particularly given that clothes were all packed together in cardboard boxes, it is odd that they should have worried about pre-existing scents.

Jeez, what a load of incompetents, cramming all the clothes in a box where any scents, if there any, would mix

The more I hear about Amaral and the few officers that "followed" him, the more I despair.

Was it a new box or a used one? 
Was everyone wearing NEW gloves? 

Not that it mattered if everything was muddled together in a box

Offline Lace

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2013, 09:06:33 AM »
If all the clothes were put together in a box,   wouldn't all of them been contaminated with the scent of cadaver?

I have always found it strange that only Kate's clothes and a t.shirt which looked as though it belonged to Sean, were the only clothes that is supposed to have the scent of cadaver.

ferryman

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2013, 09:48:16 AM »
If all the clothes were put together in a box,   wouldn't all of them been contaminated with the scent of cadaver?

I have always found it strange that only Kate's clothes and a t.shirt which looked as though it belonged to Sean, were the only clothes that is supposed to have the scent of cadaver.

Bang on right, Lace.

The other point is that a dog at a crime scene picking stuff up is not a trained reaction.

But I don't blame the dog ...