Author Topic: Another Portuguese who was vocal about the McCanns arrested for corruption  (Read 4267 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: Another Portuguese who was vocal about the McCanns arrested for corruption
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2018, 03:16:47 PM »
  ... and guess what ... as you deflect away from my request for a cite in support of your previous assertion ... you appear to have overlooked the necessity to provide one.

Please note ... my request for a cite still stands.

A cite for what ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Robittybob1

Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline faithlilly

Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2018, 05:25:21 PM »
So this is about someone who was made Arguido?

Looks like... ?{)(**
Never mind just fire up the rumour mill , have a predictable overly verbose rant and hope the bozos don't notice...... ?>)()<

Based on but a perfunctory glance at British history the Brits legacy is bureacracy, corruption and cricket.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Brietta

"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2018, 06:49:40 PM »
Former FPF president is the 12th defendant in Operation Lex

Justice
31 JANUARY 2018
13:39

João Rodrigues was accused on Tuesday night, on arrival in Portugal from Luanda

João Rodrigues, former president of the Portuguese Football Federation, is the 12th defendant of Operation Lex, advances to Saturday . According to the magazine, the lawyer was constituted defendant on the night of Tuesday, upon arrival of a flight from Luanda.

Operation Lex investigates suspected crimes of influence peddling, corruption / improper receipt, money laundering and tax fraud, according to the Attorney General's Office. This operation is the result of a case file extracted from the Rota do Atlântico case, which involves the businessman José Veiga, a suspect of corruption.

Five people have already been detained and there are 12 defendants. Among those arrested are two lawyers and a bailiff. Two judges, Rui Rangel and Fátima Galante, are among the defendants, as the president and vice-president of Benfica, Luis Filipe Vieira and Fernando Tavares, confirmed Wednesday the PGR .

https://www.dn.pt/portugal/interior/ex-presidente-da-fpf-e-o-12o-arguido-na-operacao-lex-9087313.html
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline sadie

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2018, 11:26:26 PM »
Are you in favour of corruption by senior judiciary in PT?   Why?  There has to be a reason.

Offline misty

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2018, 11:40:37 PM »
Here you go Brietta.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2524108/Judge-let-spoiled-rich-teen-killed-DUI-previously-boy-aged-fourteen-prison-TEN-YEARS.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/lavinia-woodward-stabbing-sentencing-spared-jail-heart-surgeon-oxford-inequality-justice-system-a7741371.html

The first case you cited was actually from the USA.

Is there any suggestion that the exchange of money or favour influenced the judge's decision in the second case? If not, then it is hardly comparable to what has been happening in the upper echelons of Portugal's political & justice systems.
Sergey Malinka recently made a comment that he thought some people were above the law. IMO he was talking about those within his adopted country & it would be foolish to readily dismiss this angle when looking at the level of political involvement in the Madeleine investigation.

There is yet another ongoing case in Portugal where a Magistrate was bribed to drop 2 cases against the VP of Angola.
https://www.voanews.com/a/angolan-vice-president-corruption-charges-portugal/3727101.html
and
https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=pt&u=http://expresso.sapo.pt/economia/2018-01-31-Operacao-FIZZ-Paulo-Blanco-descodifica-agenda-de-Orlando-Figueira&prev=search

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2018, 12:25:47 AM »
The first case you cited was actually from the USA.

Is there any suggestion that the exchange of money or favour influenced the judge's decision in the second case? If not, then it is hardly comparable to what has been happening in the upper echelons of Portugal's political & justice systems.
Sergey Malinka recently made a comment that he thought some people were above the law. IMO he was talking about those within his adopted country & it would be foolish to readily dismiss this angle when looking at the level of political involvement in the Madeleine investigation.

There is yet another ongoing case in Portugal where a Magistrate was bribed to drop 2 cases against the VP of Angola.
https://www.voanews.com/a/angolan-vice-president-corruption-charges-portugal/3727101.html
and
https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=pt&u=http://expresso.sapo.pt/economia/2018-01-31-Operacao-FIZZ-Paulo-Blanco-descodifica-agenda-de-Orlando-Figueira&prev=search

Do tell us more.
Let's have a competition:
Provide evidence there are police forces in the whole round world that remain corruption free.
We could have fun drawing up league tables utilising pencils and stuff and talking about all kinds of groovy stuff like mother raping and father stabbing like y'all do on the Group W bench*.
p.s do you realise that under Portuguese law once charged there is a presumption of innocence until the full gamut of the national process has been exhausted*. We seem to have a surfeit of clairbleedinvoyants in this manor.
* Talking of exhausted I thought Arlo was pushing it a bit with 22 minutes for "My Restaurant". I wonder what he would make of ten years of supporters peddling stories of corruption in the Portuguese Judiciary... *%87
Ten years! holy cow that's nearly as long as Attenborough's Oscar acceptance speech for Gandhi.... ?{)(**

"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline misty

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2018, 12:37:52 AM »
Do tell us more.
Let's have a competition:
Provide evidence there are police forces in the whole round world that remain corruption free.
We could have fun drawing up league tables utilising pencils and stuff and talking about all kinds of groovy stuff like mother raping and father stabbing like y'all do on the Group W bench*.
p.s do you realise that under Portuguese law once charged there is a presumption of innocence until the full gamut of the national process has been exhausted*. We seem to have a surfeit of clairbleedinvoyants in this manor.
* Talking of exhausted I thought Arlo was pushing it a bit with 22 minutes for "My Restaurant". I wonder what he would make of ten years of supporters peddling stories of corruption in the Portuguese Judiciary... *%87
Ten years! holy cow that's nearly as long as Attenborough's Oscar acceptance speech for Gandhi.... ?{)(**

I doubt there is a police force in the world which isn't corrupt to some degree; the price of freedom versus the price of safety. However, I have brought this thread to the forum because it may have a bearing on why Madeleine's disappearance was so poorly handled.
There is another place for you to arrange a competition, with a prize of your choice. There appears to be little else of any interest going on there.  8(0(*

Offline Brietta

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2018, 01:39:58 AM »
I doubt there is a police force in the world which isn't corrupt to some degree; the price of freedom versus the price of safety. However, I have brought this thread to the forum because it may have a bearing on why Madeleine's disappearance was so poorly handled.
There is another place for you to arrange a competition, with a prize of your choice. There appears to be little else of any interest going on there.  8(0(*

There are bad and corrupt individuals in every walk of life; I think it is when it becomes the institutionalised norm that the severity of the problem has to be recognised.

There seems to be a bit of denial going on and I must admit to a certain amusement gleaned from one or two posts which I think can only have been posted with the intention to deflect from the topic.

Judge Rui Rangel has appeared on television programmes expressing his opinion on Madeleine McCann's case; presently he is an arguido.  What one wonders about that is does he fall into the newly invented category which maintains that once an arguido ... always an arguido?  Interesting.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2018, 10:06:41 AM »
There are bad and corrupt individuals in every walk of life; I think it is when it becomes the institutionalised norm that the severity of the problem has to be recognised.

There seems to be a bit of denial going on and I must admit to a certain amusement gleaned from one or two posts which I think can only have been posted with the intention to deflect from the topic.

Judge Rui Rangel has appeared on television programmes expressing his opinion on Madeleine McCann's case; presently he is an arguido.  What one wonders about that is does he fall into the newly invented category which maintains that once an arguido ... always an arguido?  Interesting.

Or, as an arguido, does he deserve the whole presumption of innocence thing that supporters were quick to bestow on the McCanns when they were arguidos?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2018, 10:21:02 AM »
Or, as an arguido, does he deserve the whole presumption of innocence thing that supporters were quick to bestow on the McCanns when they were arguidos?

@)(++(*  The problem in my opinion, lies not with the "when" but with the "now" as laid down in Portugal in January of last year.

Maybe the implication of that is becoming all the clearer to those sceptics who traded the right to the presumption of innocence for a moment's glee at that time.

Have you never heard of what is sauce for the goose ...

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2018, 10:25:36 AM »
  @)(++(*  The problem in my opinion, lies not with the "when" but with the "now" as laid down in Portugal in January of last year.

Maybe the implication of that is becoming all the clearer to those sceptics who traded the right to the presumption of innocence for a moment's glee at that time.

Have you never heard of what is sauce for the goose ...

Absolutely.

Tell me Brietta how do you think this judge becoming an arguido is going to help Madeleine or indeed her parents to find her ?

Offline jassi

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2018, 10:40:40 AM »
Absolutely.

Tell me Brietta how do you think this judge becoming an arguido is going to help Madeleine or indeed her parents to find her ?

None at all, but people must get their little pleasures where they can .
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future