Author Topic: The Front Door  (Read 40369 times)

Offline Holly Goodhead

The Front Door
« on: July 22, 2019, 03:01:08 PM »
Was it possible to exit the front door with it locking closed behind meaning any abductor could exit the front door and no one would be any the wiser?

Please stick to the thread topic and post any evidence.
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Robittybob1

Re: The Front Door
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2019, 03:06:46 PM »
I'll find the video in about 6 hours time.  Need some sleep now.
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=8198.0
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 03:14:04 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Anthro

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2019, 07:34:51 PM »
Holly, in my experience the knob door handle/lock has a little setting on the inside knob. You can either put it in the horizontal or vertical position. Horizontal will lock and vertical will unlock. To my knowledge, if you turn the knob from the interior and it is in the horizontal position, the door will auto-lock once you pull it closed.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2019, 08:41:17 PM »
Holly, in my experience the knob door handle/lock has a little setting on the inside knob. You can either put it in the horizontal or vertical position. Horizontal will lock and vertical will unlock. To my knowledge, if you turn the knob from the interior and it is in the horizontal position, the door will auto-lock once you pull it closed.

Yes, my friend has this type of lock on the door accessing her garage from the house! She has on occasion locked herself in the garage!
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2019, 08:57:53 PM »

Thanks I thought it was something like this.  So in effect if an abductor walked out the front door no one would be any the wiser?
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2019, 09:04:53 PM »
Thanks I thought it was something like this.  So in effect if an abductor walked out the front door no one would be any the wiser?
Aren't you going to watch the video before you make up your mind?  Now fortunately with a bit of luck I'll be able to show you this twice, different people different times!  If all works out then make a decision.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline jassi

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2019, 09:11:56 PM »
Aren't you going to watch the video before you make up your mind?  Now fortunately with a bit of luck I'll be able to show you this twice, different people different times!  If all works out then make a decision.

When someone tells you what you want to hear, there's no need to look any further to see if its correct.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2019, 09:35:39 PM »

When someone tells you what you want to hear, there's no need to look any further to see if its correct.
Is that whats called confirmation bias?
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2019, 09:49:27 PM »
OK this is the most recently seen video of one of the Ocean Club doors being closed.
https://youtu.be/bOidpDzY-Js?t=120  is the spot where the  door is closed.
The whole video shows examples of the layout of the Tapas area.  So it is worth watching in it entirety IMO.

Very clear the pull lever is pulled back to close the door from the inside.  That same action requires the key to do that from the outside.
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2019, 09:55:38 PM »
Do you need more than that? 
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2019, 10:05:25 PM »
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=8198.msg440133;topicseen#msg440133

"Well we did have the video of the cleaners and she demonstrated that they used the pull handle to draw the latch bolt and the deadlatch plunger in when they closed the door.  That is a clue.  The fact that no one says they could just slam the door shut is another clue.
David Payne's assertion that that he would expect the door to be found open if Madeleine or an abductor had used the front door is a real important clue. 
So we have 3 clues, and the video of Goncalo Amaral and his security adviser describing the lock as if it had no deadlatch ability, for he was saying that the screw prevented the lock being picked with a card.  That is not a standard deadlatch.  And we have the photos of the 5A strike plate being the wrong shape for it to be a deadlatch.
So that is 5 reasons in total, IMO that is pretty substantial circumstantial evidence of suggesting the locks had been customised."

5 clues that the door can't just be slammed shut.  That surely is enough.
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2019, 10:09:36 PM »
And this from Eleanor who lives on the Continent:
"http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=8198.msg439956;topicseen#msg439956

"Quote from: Eleanor on January 10, 2018, 03:09:57 PM
It can.  The first part is a spring lock when closing.  It is only the final lock that requires a key.  But it is all operational by hand from the inside, even the double lock that requires a key from outside.

There is absolutely no way in which you can become locked in without a key.  It would be some sort of insanity to think otherwise.  Death by fire to say the least.

Robittybob1:  "That is why I believe the locks on the OC doors had been modified in some way, for no one said they could just pull the door closed behind them.  For if they could David Payne was wrong and he was there experiencing it so I tend to think he is right.  If Madeleine left by the front she could not shut it behind her according to DP.  That is all I know for it is what they say.  Maybe that shouldn't be the case, but it is what he says in the file."
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2019, 10:11:16 PM »
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=8198.msg439650;topicseen#msg439650

"David Payne says something quite significant in his rogatory.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/DAVID-PAYNE-ROGATORY.htm
" Reply "Err we, you know, we ran up err to the apartment, you know, with, with err you know Kate and Gerry err and you know for me, I just wanted to know, as I say, about the access to the apartment, were those gates open, err because in my mind was that if the front door was shut there was no, you know there won't be, you know there was no way that she could have wandered out that way and nor would they have gained access in that way."  What he is saying is the front door would have been open had Madeleine left by the way, why because to close the door you need a key.  IMO He is saying even a abductor couldn't just slam the door shut."

Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2019, 10:22:16 PM »
I refer to this other video.  It is still on YouTube  but I don't feel like spending hundreds of hours finding it.

I just can't recall the search words I'd need.

McCanns cleaner
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 10:49:25 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2019, 10:39:38 PM »
Finally found it on YouTube. 
"McCanns Cleaner describes going into the apartment on Wednesday May 2 2007"  https://youtu.be/7pUKiuugYUI

You get to see how the doors are opened and closed https://youtu.be/7pUKiuugYUI?t=50  in and around this position.  50 seconds into the video.

Previous links to this video were most likely removed by over zealous moderators IMO.  I've linked to it many times in the past.
Also at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbcGep21zcQ

« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 10:55:16 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation