Author Topic: Mrs Fenn and that crying child incident revisited.  (Read 117404 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Mrs Fenn and that crying child incident revisited.
« Reply #585 on: September 24, 2019, 05:57:39 PM »
KM acknowledges her editor, Caroline North, who apparently guided her and encouraged her through the process.
So no ghostwriter acknowledgment then.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #586 on: September 24, 2019, 07:31:09 PM »
Yes, I find it similarly surprising that so many sceptics become morally righteous Mary Whithouses over the use of the words “torn genitals”.  It’s almost a case of protesting too much IMO, slightly creepy in other words.

It’s almost a case of protesting too much IMO, slightly creepy in other words.

I am not sure what you may be driving at . But I do  agree it is very creepy, it is as if she was telling us if Maddie was found the  post mortem would discover this... Yes, very creepy indeed!

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 08:26:05 PM by Eleanor »
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #587 on: September 24, 2019, 07:36:02 PM »

I am not sure what you may be driving at . But I do  agree it is very creepy, it is as if she was telling us if Maddie was found the  post mortem would discover this... Yes, very creepy indeed!

Yet you have no objection to the term. FGM... Which you seem to refer to on a daily basis
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 08:26:53 PM by Eleanor »

« Reply #588 on: September 24, 2019, 07:41:36 PM »
Yet you have no objection to the term. FGM... Which you seem to refer to on a daily basis

I do not refer to it on a daily basis at all! and I certainly do not go into the brutal details- I have no justification to do so, unless talking to a medical audience on physical/mental affects etc.

Also, it is important within the context of posts on a forum. Not a personal attribute as like Kates daughter!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #589 on: September 24, 2019, 07:50:35 PM »
I do not refer to it on a daily basis at all! and I certainly do not go into the brutal details- I have no justification to do so, unless talking to a medical audience on physical/mental affects etc.

Also, it is important within the context of posts on a forum. Not a personal attribute as like Kates daughter!

You've mentioned it in this forum several times... I don't see anything wrong with kates use of the word

« Reply #590 on: September 24, 2019, 08:09:15 PM »
You've mentioned it in this forum several times... I don't see anything wrong with kates use of the word

It may have escaped your notice, but many issues are mentioned more than once on this forum-like you and your dog threads where you turn most threads into one!

I have not challenged your right to  'not have a problem with Kates use of the words', so why do you feel the need to try and challenge my opinion? It is not up for discussion my opinion will not be swayed no point in tryng.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 08:28:49 PM by Eleanor »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #591 on: September 24, 2019, 08:47:44 PM »

You have deliberately misunderstood.  It is people who constantly return to this sentence to draw attention to the phrase they allegedly find so repellent that I find thoroughly creepy.  Hope that’s now crystal clear.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #592 on: September 24, 2019, 09:13:21 PM »
It may have escaped your notice, but many issues are mentioned more than once on this forum-like you and your dog threads where you turn most threads into one!

I have not challenged your right to  'not have a problem with Kates use of the words', so why do you feel the need to try and challenge my opinion? It is not up for discussion my opinion will not be swayed no point in tryng.

I'm not trying to sway anyones opinion.. It's no concern to me what you think... I'm just giving mine

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #593 on: September 25, 2019, 12:56:27 AM »
I'm not trying to sway anyones opinion.. It's no concern to me what you think... I'm just giving mine
Look that was a waste of my time reading that. 
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Lace

« Reply #594 on: September 25, 2019, 09:26:46 AM »

In which case all the other parents of missing children who also imagine this happening to their child are also covering their backs as to what a post mortem would show.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 10:13:00 AM by Holly Goodhead »

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #595 on: September 25, 2019, 01:49:15 PM »
Please stay on topic.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!