Author Topic: EU membership, should we stay or leave?  (Read 126375 times)

Offline John

Re: EU membership, should we stay or leave?
« Reply #210 on: June 18, 2016, 08:56:23 PM »

I have read that before John from beginning to end.

So it is correct, we do send the EU £350 million a week.  But we get a few quid back.    @)(++(*

Now I really must go, am putting up #LEAVE posters tomorrow.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 09:02:36 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

stephen25000

« Reply #211 on: June 18, 2016, 09:22:01 PM »
So it is correct, we do send the EU £350 million a week.  But we get a few quid back.    @)(++(*

Now I really must go, am putting up #LEAVE posters tomorrow.

Actually it didn't.

Try reading again.

Try skirting over the headline with Boris, who  clearly with all the money he wasted as Mayor of London, should not be giving any fiscal advice.

I see the polls are now reflecting last weeks events.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 09:25:07 PM by stephen25000 »

stephen25000

« Reply #212 on: June 19, 2016, 07:31:37 AM »

Offline Myster

« Reply #213 on: June 19, 2016, 07:36:35 AM »
Boris stands no chance of being the next PM, but be honest Stephen... who would you rather have controlling our affairs? This George Clooney lookalike, for example...
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Myster

It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

stephen25000

« Reply #215 on: June 19, 2016, 07:49:49 AM »
Boris stands no chance of being the next PM, but be honest Stephen... who would you rather have controlling our affairs? This George Clooney lookalike, for example...

He does look somewhat gaga.

He and Boris would get on well. @)(++(*

stephen25000

« Reply #216 on: June 19, 2016, 08:26:00 AM »
http://www.politics.co.uk/news/2016/05/27/leave-campaign-slammed-by-statistics-watchdog-for-false-eu-c

"The UK Statistics Authority is disappointed to note that there continue to be suggestions that the UK contributes £350 million to the EU each week, and that this full amount could be spent elsewhere," the organisation's chair Andrew Dilnot said.

"As we have made clear, the UK’s contribution to the EU is paid after the application of the rebate. We have also pointed out that there are payments received by the UK public and private sectors that are relevant here. The continued use of a gross figure in contexts that imply it is a net figure is misleading and undermines trust in official statistics."

Offline John

« Reply #217 on: June 19, 2016, 01:39:29 PM »
This article really puts the truth of Brexit.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jun/18/eu-referendum-vote-leave-campaign-poisonous

You still believing the rubbish being pushed by the vested interest media?

There is no denying it, the EU is a sham, it does nothing whatsoever to enhance our way of life.

By the way and since you appear to support remaining within the project, what are your reasons for doing so?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 01:43:54 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

stephen25000

« Reply #218 on: June 19, 2016, 02:14:44 PM »
You still believing the rubbish being pushed by the vested interest media?

Not all the media are for the EU.

You seem to cherry pick what supports your view and attack the alternative.

There is no denying it, the EU is a sham, it does nothing whatsoever to enhance our way of life.

By the way and since you appear to support remaining within the project, what are your reasons for doing so?

Sorry, but  all  I see from you are the Brexit slogans and nothing in the way of tangible facts.

I agree that the EU is far from perfect, but do really think that the UK government is really representative of the population ?

By the, why should I agree with you that the EU is a sham ?

That is your opinion.

Is the United States of America a sham as well ?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 02:18:56 PM by stephen25000 »

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #219 on: June 19, 2016, 02:41:45 PM »
Stephen avoids answering the question so I assume he cannot do so.  8(8-))

By the way, Cameron is a liar when he claims the UK will be worse off after an exit from the EU.  He is fighting for his political future but he is finished regardless.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

stephen25000

« Reply #220 on: June 19, 2016, 02:48:14 PM »
Stephen avoids answering the question so I assume he cannot do so.  8(8-))

By the way, Cameron is a liar when he claims the UK will be worse off after an exit from the EU.  He is fighting for his political future but he is finished regardless.

I heard that line before.

I have seen nothing so far Angelo from Brexit, to show beyond any shadow of a doubt, we would be better off outside the EU.

There is a lot of hot air from both sides.

So from my point of view, I can say that Johnson , Goves and Farage are all liars too, saying the UK will be better off, out side the EU.

After all, fair's fair.

So you convince me Angelo, why I should vote to leave.

stephen25000

« Reply #221 on: June 19, 2016, 02:49:45 PM »
I notice the Boris bus photo is still there. 8**8:/:

Even though I've provided evidence from an independent source, the claim is rubbish.

Post 216.

Offline John

« Reply #222 on: June 19, 2016, 02:58:14 PM »
I notice the Boris bus photo is still there. 8**8:/:

Even though I've provided evidence from an independent source, the claim is rubbish.

Post 216.

We do send the EU £350 million each and every week but get £160 million back by way of EU grants leaving £190 million which is wasted by the EU on Eastern European countries.

That £190 million would go far in helping our own poor and homeless but never mind, lets help the poor Polish and Romanians instead.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 03:01:31 PM by John »

stephen25000

« Reply #223 on: June 19, 2016, 02:59:52 PM »
We do send the EU £350 million each and every week but get £160 million back by way of EU grants leaving £190 million which is wasted by the EU on Eastern European countries.

You are still getting your facts wrong.

Read the link I gave you.

Post 216.

Perhaps you can also provide a breakdown of the money being 'wasted'.

If you can provide me with real quantifiable facts and not slogans, then I might change my mind.

However, I will not do so on what is largely hot air from Brexit.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 03:02:36 PM by stephen25000 »

Offline John

« Reply #224 on: June 19, 2016, 03:18:04 PM »
You are still getting your facts wrong.

Read the link I gave you.

Post 216.

Perhaps you can also provide a breakdown of the money being 'wasted'.

If you can provide me with real quantifiable facts and not slogans, then I might change my mind.

However, I will not do so on what is largely hot air from Brexit.

Clearly you are in denial Stephen. The article you provided already provided all the fiscal figures.

Analysis by the Institute for Fiscal studies earlier this week suggests that the UK's actual net contribution to the EU is £150m a week - less than half that claimed by Vote Leave.

The operative word being NET.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 03:20:43 PM by John »