Author Topic: "Start by asking yourself what is a sceptic and work on from there"  (Read 20160 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Is there such a thing as a sceptic?
Is there a definition?

Why are sceptics sceptics?

What are their points of distinction?

If you consider yourself a sceptic would you like to explain the reasons why?

« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 08:03:52 PM by John »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

Re: "Start by asking yourself what is a sceptic and work on from there"
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 07:01:55 AM »
Is there such a thing as a sceptic?
Is there a definition?

Why are sceptics sceptics?

What are their points of distinction?

If you consider yourself a sceptic would you like to explain the reasons why?

The definition of a sceptic is someone who has doubts about things that other people believe. Everyone is a sceptic in certain circumstances in my opinion.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 07:21:17 AM »
can you be sceptical of the McCanns whilst at the same time not believe they made anything up or faked any evidence?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2018, 07:36:26 AM »
can you be sceptical of the McCanns whilst at the same time not believe they made anything up or faked any evidence?

Can you be sceptical of Grime whilst at the same time not believe he made anything up or faked any evidence?
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2018, 07:59:33 AM »
Can you be sceptical of Grime whilst at the same time not believe he made anything up or faked any evidence?
  You can be sceptical regarding the accuracy of the dog alerts, and their worth in this case, but to be sceptical of Grime himself implies some level of distrust in him as a person, based on his honesty and integrity - IMO.  Now back to. you, I know you don’t answer questions, but here’s hoping...!
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2018, 08:23:03 AM »
The definition of a sceptic is someone who has doubts about things that other people believe. Everyone is a sceptic in certain circumstances in my opinion.

the mccanns say they put the children to bed...checked them at regular intervals...and found maddie gone and the window open at around 10...a sceptic is someone who does not believe that.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 06:44:51 PM by John »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2018, 08:26:05 AM »
  You can be sceptical regarding the accuracy of the dog alerts, and their worth in this case, but to be sceptical of Grime himself implies some level of distrust in him as a person, based on his honesty and integrity - IMO.  Now back to. you, I know you don’t answer questions, but here’s hoping...!
I don't know what you mean by inaccurate dog alerts, but Grime's honesty, integrity, professional reputation and  career prospects are closely related to the performance of his dogs and his interpretation of it in my opinion.

John Stalker was sceptical of the McCanns and their friends. Did he believe they made something up or faked some evidence?
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2018, 08:28:08 AM »
I don't know what you mean by inaccurate dog alerts, but Grime's honesty, integrity, professional reputation and  career prospects are closely related to the performance of his dogs and his interpretation of it in my opinion.

John Stalker was sceptical of the McCanns and their friends. Did he believe they made something up or faked some evidence?

and grime has told us the alerts have no evidential value reliability.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 06:29:16 PM by John »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2018, 08:29:59 AM »
A pointless thread imo as we will not agree on the definition of a sceptic....
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 06:29:38 PM by John »

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2018, 08:43:50 AM »
It is easy to be sceptical in the McCann case given the changes in stories, the conflicting versions of events, the invisible woman and the refusal to cooperate with police while in Portugal and when the group returned home to England.  In fact, I would call the behaviour unprecedented in the annals of child disappearance cases.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 08:46:26 AM by slartibartfast »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2018, 08:51:28 AM »
and grime has told us that the alerts have no evidential value reliability.

He didn't tell you they were inaccurate, that was your own idea.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 06:30:57 PM by John »
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2018, 08:55:28 AM »
He didn't tell you they were inaccurate, that was your own idea.

If they were, accurate they would have evidential reliability.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 06:31:43 PM by John »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2018, 08:57:39 AM »
It is easy to be sceptical in the McCann case given the changes in stories, the conflicting versions of events, the invisible woman and the refusal to cooperate with police while in Portugal and when the group returned home to England.  In fact, I would call the behaviour unprecedented in the annals of child disappearance cases.

In your opinion... Afaiac.... The McCann's account is truthful... There is no accident and no cover up... And from your posts you agree with me

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2018, 09:01:25 AM »
A pointless thread as we will not agree on the definition of a sceptic....

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Then again, anyone who expects someone in their right mind to accept the definition of 'sceptic' used by supporters of the McCanns hasn't thought things through imo.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 06:30:20 PM by John »
Result = happy posting.

Offline barrier

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2018, 09:02:05 AM »
the mccanns ay they put the children to bed...checked them at regular intervals...and found maddie gone and the window open at around 10...a sceptic is someone who does not believe that.

A sceptic is some one who doesn't agree with that, they never checked on Madeleine from circa 9:05pm until circa 10 pm, in fact no one did, its all in the files.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 06:52:46 PM by John »
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.