Author Topic: Is the maddie fund.... now a secret fund  (Read 54400 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Is the maddie fund.... now a secret fund
« Reply #465 on: August 09, 2018, 01:05:41 PM »
No conundrum. When the fund was launched we were told that the fund would be fully transparent. Do we know the exact sum spent on litigation?

"When the Fund was launched, the McCanns were not being accused of committing crimes by every Tom, Dick & Harry & Madeleine had not been written off as dead by the investigating police force. Needs changed."
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=9775.msg478572#msg478572

This is not only Misty's opinion it is a dyed in the wool fact.  In my opinion events in the real world circumvent the preserved in aspic notions of internet fora ... and move on apace with circumstances.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline kizzy

« Reply #466 on: August 09, 2018, 01:16:31 PM »
When the Fund was launched, the McCanns were not being accused of committing crimes by every Tom, Dick & Harry & Madeleine had not been written off as dead by the investigating police force. Needs changed.

IMO.

Well imo needs didn't change -  they knew they needed that fund from the beginning.

That is why very early on it was made into a private fund ,,,the mccns fund imo

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #467 on: August 09, 2018, 01:24:03 PM »

Well imo needs didn't change -  they knew they needed that fund from the beginning.

What would you be saying if they hadn't bothered to set up a company and just banked it into their private account and spent it without telling anyone?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline kizzy

« Reply #468 on: August 09, 2018, 01:27:29 PM »
What would you be saying if they hadn't bothered to set up a company and just banked it into their private account and spent it without telling anyone?

I would say.

Oh lol -  so it isn't  the same thing.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #469 on: August 09, 2018, 01:30:26 PM »
I would say.

Oh lol -  so it isn't  the same thing.
Why did they set up the company rather than just bank it and have a huge personal fortune they could have spent on themselves?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #470 on: August 09, 2018, 01:33:29 PM »
What is recorded is an absolute bare minimum and makes a mockery of the original promise of transparency.

It provided sufficient information to enable our members to trawl it and find what they wanted ... so I think it may be less opaque than is made out.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #471 on: August 09, 2018, 01:37:00 PM »

In my opinion Madeleine's Fund did not meet the criteria for it to be a charity therefore short of banking it with friends - a propos the Amaral model - it was necessary to turn it into a Fund.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #472 on: August 09, 2018, 01:38:34 PM »
Why did they set up the company rather than just bank it and have a huge personal fortune they could have spent on themselves?

Actually most of the money in it was theirs anyway ... from the profits made by Kate's best seller.

Offline kizzy

« Reply #473 on: August 09, 2018, 01:44:22 PM »
In my opinion Madeleine's Fund did not meet the criteria for it to be a charity therefore short of banking it with friends - a propos the Amaral model - it was necessary to turn it into a Fund.

Yes - but  they still had control what it was spent on...they made sure of that.

Eventually using it on what ever they wanted to use it for.

It may as well of been in there bank imo

Offline kizzy

« Reply #474 on: August 09, 2018, 01:48:15 PM »
Actually most of the money in it was theirs anyway ... from the profits made by Kate's best seller.

Obviously thats IYO.

IIRC The fund topped well over 3 million - donated by the public

Offline jassi

« Reply #475 on: August 09, 2018, 02:02:29 PM »

As it was announced when the book was released, all profits were to go to the Find Madeleine Fund, so technically it never really was the McCann's money.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #476 on: August 09, 2018, 02:54:33 PM »

The last time we could put a proper handle on this was for 2007 through 2014.
That shows a gross income for the period of £4.25MM with £1.87MM being contributed by book sales and damages awards.

There would seem to be something wrong there somewhere with your arithmetic.
Maybe you should make a correction.......unless of course the hidden subtitle is that all documents filed at Companies House have been tampered with....... *%87
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #477 on: August 09, 2018, 04:01:54 PM »
The last time we could put a proper handle on this was for 2007 through 2014.
That shows a gross income for the period of £4.25MM with £1.87MM being contributed by book sales and damages awards.

There would seem to be something wrong there somewhere with your arithmetic.
Maybe you should make a correction.......unless of course the hidden subtitle is that all documents filed at Companies House have been tampered with....... *%87

Well Alice, some people are good at 'google latin' and not so good at mafffs.

People were donating at the beginning to assist the family,as they felt sorry for them. I have no issue with that, or if they spent that money on the twins and gave to another charity,However, my own and others observation is: they sought to exploit this by setting up a company  in the guise of searching for Madeleine -in effect they made her a 'commodity'. And they had no shame in promoting this commodity for financial gain.No sooner had they done this it was discovered that they were going to use the money for their legal defence as this was expected early on. Regarding the book- this was another 'company' promotion for financial gain. No one would be even remotely interested in KM if her daughter didn't 'disappear'. So as good authors go- she isn't one of them story telling > welll yes, good at that IMO.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #478 on: August 09, 2018, 05:49:14 PM »
"When the Fund was launched, the McCanns were not being accused of committing crimes by every Tom, Dick & Harry & Madeleine had not been written off as dead by the investigating police force. Needs changed."
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=9775.msg478572#msg478572

This is not only Misty's opinion it is a dyed in the wool fact.  In my opinion events in the real world circumvent the preserved in aspic notions of internet fora ... and move on apace with circumstances.

So did the aims say ‘ we will do x,y and z with the money but remain alert because we might just change things if the need arises ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #479 on: August 09, 2018, 07:11:36 PM »
So did the aims say ‘ we will do x,y and z with the money but remain alert because we might just change things if the need arises ?

It would be interesting to know why the directors decided at the end of 2011 to take away object  3.3; to provide financial assistance to Madeleine's family.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0