Author Topic: Eleven years on, has Maddie been given up for dead?  (Read 20235 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Eleven years on, has Maddie been given up for dead?
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2018, 11:54:42 AM »

Exactly

Yes the SC did put the cat among the pigeons and imo that is why the extra funding - is a way to get round that.

I Remember the reward ...it should have been for the safe return of maddie - money talks and no honor among thieves.

The last thing a reward should have had -  is attachments.

It is like everything with the mccanns - they always do what they want take advice from no one.

Nope ... you are wrong.

There was a substantial reward for information leading to Madeleine's safe return on the table ten days after Madeleine disappeared.

Snip
A multi-million pound reward for information leading to the safe return of Madeleine McCann, the British girl who went missing in Portugal 10 days ago, was offered yesterday by a group of leading business figures as her parents spoke of the devastation wreaked by her abduction.
The entrepreneur Sir Richard Branson, the impresario Bill Kenwright and retail tycoon Sir Philip Green were revealed as backers of a £1.5m reward announced by the News of the World newspaper. It means the total reward now on offer stands at a record £2.6m after a businessman and a family friend pledged a total of £1.1m last week.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2007/may/13/ameliahill.jamiedoward
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2018, 11:57:02 AM »
Or imo - could be connected to someone  VERY VERY IMPORTANT.
So why hasn’t a patsy / fall guy / scapegoat been identified and the VERY VERY IMPORTANT McCanns cleared years ago, d’you think?  Seeing as it’s all a stitch up in yout opinion, this could have been put to bed after a year or two couldn’t it?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2018, 12:00:48 PM »
Why did they not investigate the mccamnns - dont tell me its because they were not suspects 

They will have known they wasn't cleared of any involvement.

Police officers were changed - who suspected mccanns.

Thy did go over what the PJ had - apart from mccanns and c/o

Can you come up with any good reason for the Portuguese State to reopen Madeleine's case at the behest of the Policia Judiciaria other than the given one of their review disclosing new evidence which justified that course of action?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2018, 12:01:15 PM »
I have to agree VS. I don’t think the investigation was ever to exonerate the McCanns. Some take the remit as proof of this but as Rowley said last year ( and I paraphrase) ‘no matter how Madeleine left that apartment she was abducted’. It would seem the Met are using the word abducted as not leaving the apartment under her own steam. This would be true whether you believe an abductor or the parents were complicit. I believe Rowley chose his words very carefully.
You got that wrong. 
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 12:05:31 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2018, 12:07:29 PM »
So why hasn’t a patsy / fall guy / scapegoat been identified and the VERY VERY IMPORTANT McCanns cleared years ago, d’you think?  Seeing as it’s all a stitch up in yout opinion, this could have been put to bed after a year or two couldn’t it?

If these people are so all powerful ... wasn't it rather remiss of them to allow Madeleine to be kidnapped in the first instance ... and in the second, after her disappearance why did they not put some damage limitation into operation by ensuring everyone kept shtum about it?
In my opinion should have been simple enough for them to do.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2018, 12:08:22 PM »

By whom, the Metropolitan Police? They would have to convince those who have jurisdiction first; the ones they are assisting. Lots of i's to be dotted and t's to be crossed there.

How embarrassing it would be if OG announced their 'solution' and ceased their investigation only for the PJ to continue to investigate and to come up with an alternative explanation.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2018, 12:16:26 PM »

The PJ came up with Euclides Monteiro as a person of interest who would have fitted perfectly in my opinion as a scapegoat having ticked a lot of the boxes which excite investigators looking for one.
The principal one being that he was dead and therefore incapable of putting up much of an argument.  Problem Solved!

It seems however that the PJ are as keen as are SY to solve what happened to Madeleine since both continue to justify their search for her.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2018, 12:17:01 PM »
By whom, the Metropolitan Police? They would have to convince those who have jurisdiction first; the ones they are assisting. Lots of i's to be dotted and t's to be crossed there.

How embarrassing it would be if OG announced their 'solution' and ceased their investigation only for the PJ to continue to investigate and to come up with an alternative explanation.
Kizzy’s contention is that the whole operation is a scam to clear the parents by the High Ups.  With such a high level conspiracy I’m sure the High Ups have covered the Portuguese angle and are making sure they are playing along with it, otherwise why bother in the first place?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2018, 01:24:46 PM »
I think I know exactly what Rowley meant, and it pretty much echoes what Redwood said earlier, and that is that Madeleine was taken in a criminal act by a stranger. Rowley was allowing for the fact that she may have been dead when that happened.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 12:09:20 AM by John »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2018, 01:29:50 PM »
Q: Andy Redwood, the first senior investigating officer, said in one interview his policy was to go right back to the beginning, accept nothing, but one thing you appear to have accepted is that this was an abduction. It’s in your first remit statement, it refers to ‘the abduction’, which rather suggests right from the start you had a closed mind to the possibility of parents’ involvement, an accident or Madeleine simply walking out of the apartment.

MR: Two points to that, firstly the involvement of the parents, that was dealt with at the time by the original investigation by the Portuguese. We had a look at all the material and we are happy that was all dealt with and there is no reason whatsoever to reopen that or start rumours that was a line of investigation. The McCanns are parents of a missing girl, we are trying to get to the bottom of. In terms of Andy using the word abduction, she was not old enough to set off and start her own life. However she left that apartment, she has been abducted. It is not a 20-year-old who has gone missing and who has made a decision to start a new life, this is a young girl who is missing and at the heart of this has been an abduction.

How anyone could read the above and conclude that the parents are the chief suspects beggars belief.

Offline John

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2018, 02:13:11 PM »
Q: Andy Redwood, the first senior investigating officer, said in one interview his policy was to go right back to the beginning, accept nothing, but one thing you appear to have accepted is that this was an abduction. It’s in your first remit statement, it refers to ‘the abduction’, which rather suggests right from the start you had a closed mind to the possibility of parents’ involvement, an accident or Madeleine simply walking out of the apartment.

MR: Two points to that, firstly the involvement of the parents, that was dealt with at the time by the original investigation by the Portuguese. We had a look at all the material and we are happy that was all dealt with and there is no reason whatsoever to reopen that or start rumours that was a line of investigation. The McCanns are parents of a missing girl, we are trying to get to the bottom of. In terms of Andy using the word abduction, she was not old enough to set off and start her own life. However she left that apartment, she has been abducted. It is not a 20-year-old who has gone missing and who has made a decision to start a new life, this is a young girl who is missing and at the heart of this has been an abduction.

How anyone could read the above and conclude that the parents are the chief suspects beggars belief.

I think that comment by Rowley was very tongue in cheek and was in no way conducive to the situation.  There was no reason why the child couldn't have got out of that apartment on her own. The difficulty however for some is if it is ever proven that she did just that and was taken from the car park or the street outside, a measured culpability then returns to those who had a duty of care over her.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 12:10:55 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline John

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2018, 02:15:05 PM »
Point of note, you cannot abduct a deceased person.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 12:14:43 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2018, 02:23:06 PM »
I think that comment by Rowley was very tongue in cheek and was in no way conducive to the situation.  There was no reason why the child couldn't have got out of that apartment on her own. The difficulty however for some is if it is ever proven that she did just that and was taken from the car park or the street outside, a measured culpability then returns to those who had a duty of care over her.
I disagree.  The same measure of culpability exists with regard to leaving the door unlocked and child alone, whether someone entered and took her, or she exited under her own steam, IMO.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 12:11:11 AM by John »

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2018, 03:10:38 PM »

What did Wall say ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2018, 03:30:19 PM »
What did Wall say ?
Hang on, YOU introduced what Rowley said, now you’re asking a question to which you already know the answer, deflection!