Author Topic: Eleven years on, has Maddie been given up for dead?  (Read 20224 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Eleven years on, has Maddie been given up for dead?
« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2018, 09:32:06 AM »
Looking at the different paths OG have followed it's difficult to see how they could progress. They paid attention to reports of a man entering properties at night where British children were staying. The PJ haven't commented on that afaik, but unless they were interested OG had no way of investigating these reports in Portugal.

OG asked to have four 'burglars' interviewed but again the PJ weren't interested in this line of inquiry and it petered out.

In 2013 they decided that Jane Tanner saw a holidaymaker and turned their attention to the Smith sighting. They don't seem to be very interested in him any more, but whether that''s because they've moved on or they've identified him we don't know.

Their next step in 2014 was to dig; obviously looking for a body. That led nowhere either.

In 2015 the team was reduced to four officers and very little has been said since.

In my opinion the main task for those officers is 'Operation Grange is working to support the Portuguese investigation and this work continues'
http://news.met.police.uk/news/update-on-the-investigation-into-the-disappearance-of-madeleine-mccann-135459

« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 01:54:46 AM by John »
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2018, 09:42:59 AM »
Looking at the different paths OG have followed it's difficult to see how they could progress. They paid attention to reports of a man entering properties at night where British children were staying. The PJ haven't commented on that afaik, but unless they were interested OG had no way of investigating these reports in Portugal.

OG asked to have four 'burglars' interviewed but again the PJ weren't interested in this line of inquiry and it petered out.

In 2013 they decided that Jane Tanner saw a holidaymaker and turned their attention to the Smith sighting. They don't seem to be very interested in him any more, but whether that''s because they've moved on or they've identified him we don't know.

Their next step in 2014 was to dig; obviously looking for a body. That led nowhere either.

In 2015 the team was reduced to four officers and very little has been said since.

In my opinion the main task for those officers is 'Operation Grange is working to support the Portuguese investigation and this work continues'
http://news.met.police.uk/news/update-on-the-investigation-into-the-disappearance-of-madeleine-mccann-135459
My understanding is that they are still pursuing a line of enquiry and that was the basis for more money being granted to the investigation.  Every action Op Grange has taken to date supports the contention that “a criminal act by a stranger” is the basis of the investigation.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2018, 09:59:45 AM »
My understanding is that they are still pursuing a line of enquiry and that was the basis for more money being granted to the investigation.  Every action Op Grange has taken to date supports the contention that “a criminal act by a stranger” is the basis of the investigation.

Whether it's their line of inquiry or the PJ's the funding would still be made available.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #63 on: May 27, 2018, 10:02:30 AM »
Whether it's their line of inquiry or the PJ's the funding would still be made available.
Have you seen or heard anything to suggest that the Met and the PJ are pursuing wildly different theories about what happened to Madeleine?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Gertrude

« Reply #64 on: May 27, 2018, 11:29:14 AM »
I don't understand why the McCanns and supporters refuse to consider any possibility if it involves the death of Madeleine. More confusingly, Kate and Gerry did consider this a possibility when the invited Krugel and his machine to look for their daughter 

In 2014 Scotland Yard was quoted on the ongoing digs in Praia Da Luz ;

'Scotland Yard said there was still a "substantial amount of work yet to be completed" in its investigation, and that "more activity" was expected to begin shortly.
"This recent work is part of ensuring that all lines of enquiry are progressed in a systematic manner and covers just the one hypothesis that she was killed and buried locally," it said.

https://edition.cnn.com/2014/06/11/world/europe/portugal-uk-mccann/index.html

So Scotland yard were at one point looking for a body, which means they have considered a death has occurred and it features in at least one of their theories.  Where are the criticisms or legal cases directed toward SY by the McCanns as they did with Amaral,  saying his theory 'harmed the search'?
  SY seem to have been looking at all possibilities in order to progress the investigation, it is therefore not correct to see a murder hypothesis as 'giving up' or harming the search, they are doing what the police should do.

Bernard Hogan Howe also referred to the case as a 'murder' in October 2014 ( Radio 5 live) . I don't see how this can be coincidence along with SY saying they were searching for a body also in 2014. I would argue SY are simply doing their job, looking for a dead child is not 'giving up' on anyone, if it leads to the truth and progresses an investigation.

How SY thought Madeleine could have been taken from 5a and ended up dead on scrubland on that night between the parents frequent checks remains unknown -  but it is a fact that they have considered that possibility. Perhaps burglars featured in that theory?  It would be one theory were the dog alerts would likely be considered of some value instead of disregarded entirely. It's odd IMO that some people are desperate to shut down any theory or evidence of a death, even though Scotland Yard have considered it.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 11:33:40 AM by Gertrude »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #65 on: May 27, 2018, 11:31:04 AM »
I don't understand why the McCanns and supporters refuse to consider any possibility if it involves a death of Madeleine. More confusingly, Kate and Gerry did consider this a possibility when the invited Krugel and his machine to look for their daughter 

In 2014 Scotland Yard was quoted on the ongoing digs in Praia Da Luz ;

'Scotland Yard said there was still a "substantial amount of work yet to be completed" in its investigation, and that "more activity" was expected to begin shortly.
"This recent work is part of ensuring that all lines of enquiry are progressed in a systematic manner and covers just the one hypothesis that she was killed and buried locally," it said.

https://edition.cnn.com/2014/06/11/world/europe/portugal-uk-mccann/index.html

So Scotland yard were at one point looking for a body, which means they have considered a death has occurred and it features in at least one of their theories.  Where are the criticisms or legal cases directed toward SY by the McCanns as they did with Amaral,  saying his theory 'harmed the search'?
  SY seem to have been looking at all possibilities in order to progress the investigation, it is therefore not correct to see a murder hypothesis as 'giving up' or harming the search, they are doing what the police should do.

Bernard Hogan Howe also referred to the case as a 'murder' in October 2014 ( Radio 5 live) . I don't see how this can be coincidence along with SY saying they were searching for a body also in 2014. I would argue SY are simply doing their job, looking for a dead child is not 'giving up' on anyone, if it leads to the truth and progresses an investigation.

How SY thought Madeleine could have been taken from 5a and ended up dead on Scrubland on that night between the parents frequent checks remains unknown -  but it is a fact that they have considered that possibility. Perhaps burglars featured in that theory?  It would be one theory were the dog alerts would be likely be considered to be of some value instead of disregarded entirely. It's odd IMO that some people are desperate to shut down any theory or evidence of a death, even though Scotland Yard have considered it.
Your post falls at the first sentence IMO.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 02:12:21 AM by John »

Offline jassi

« Reply #66 on: May 27, 2018, 11:36:54 AM »
Your post falls at the first sentence IMO.

In what way?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 02:12:35 AM by John »
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Gertrude

« Reply #67 on: May 27, 2018, 11:41:05 AM »
I don't see where it does Vertigo Swirl. Surely the McCanns support the SY investigation which involves investigating theories of a possible death however unpalatable that is to the parents. Surely they want to know what happened?

You haven't made any comment on the fact Scotland yard were looking for a body in 2014 and they have not been attacked for doing that as the family did with Amaral

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #68 on: May 27, 2018, 11:43:31 AM »
In what way?
In the way that it accuses "McCann supporters" of refusing to consider the possibility that Madeleine is dead.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #69 on: May 27, 2018, 11:44:53 AM »
I don't see where it does Vertigo Swirl. Surely the McCanns support the SY investigation which involves investigating theories of a possible death however unpalatable that is to the parents. Surely they want to know what happened?

You haven't made any comment on the fact Scotland yard were looking for a body in 2014 and they have not been attacked for doing that as the family did with Amaral
Your first sentence accuses McCann supporters of refusing to consider the possibility that Madeleine is dead.  As this is patent nonsense I didn't bother reading the rest of your post, sorry.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #70 on: May 27, 2018, 11:56:01 AM »
No I haven't.
But how do you think there is place in a cogent argument for individual opinion? A cogent argument would  be dependant on fact rather than belief.
I did not use an IMO in my reply

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2018, 11:58:21 AM »
No I haven't.
But how do you think there is place in a cogent argument for individual opinion? A cogent argument would  be dependant on fact rather than belief.
Why can an opinion not be cogent?  I can argue cogently on moral issues such as abortion and a woman's right to choose, or the existnece of a higher being - my argument doesn't have to depend on statistics. 

Offline Gertrude

« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2018, 12:05:21 PM »
No McCann Supporter on this Forum refuses to accept this possibility, unless you can provide a Cite.  Elsewhere is of no relevance to this discussion.

I thought I was quite obviously talking about 'supporters' in general, I didn't say supporters on this board anywhere.  I was unaware this board wasn't allowed to discuss public opinion.

and  again, the main point I was making is ignored.

Scotland Yard were looking for a body in 2014 and I don't believe this equates to Madeleine being 'given up on'. Thats the point I was trying to make .

Maybe new members could be cut some slack here instead of the wording of each sentence being picked apart which wasn't the actual substance of what I was saying anyway *%^^&

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2018, 12:16:42 PM »
   I thought I was quite obviously talking about 'supporters' in general, I didn't say supporters on this board anywhere.  I was unaware this board wasn't allowed to discuss public opinion.

Scotland Yard were looking for a body in 2014 and I don't believe this equates to Madeleine being 'given up on'. Thats the point I was trying to make .

Maybe new members could be cut some slack here instead of the wording of each sentence being picked apart which wasn't the actual substance of what I was saying anyway *%^^&
Scotland Yard haven't given up on Madeleine.  We have no idea what they were looking for in PdL.  It may have been a body, it may have been other evidence.  Even if they were looking for a body, that is still looking for the girl, and not giving up on her, and striving to give her family closure one way or the other.  Amaral IMO harmed the search by pointing the finger at the parents and claiming they did it, and that there was no point looking for the girl as she was definitely dead, or for anyone else in connection with her disappearance.  Surely you can see the difference?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #74 on: May 27, 2018, 12:19:52 PM »

No need to apologise.

Each word of every sentence is interminably picked apart on this Forum, no matter what anyone is trying to say.  You just have to get used to it.