Author Topic: Eleven years on, has Maddie been given up for dead?  (Read 20235 times)

Offline Angelo222

Re: Eleven years on, has Maddie been given up for dead?
« Reply #135 on: May 29, 2018, 03:53:46 PM »
Kate and Gerry have never given up on Madeleine and I don't think they ever will.

Hopefully the present Portuguese and British investigation will resolve the situation and dispense with any future necessity for them to seek publicity or do anything proactive on Madeleine's behalf.

I think they began to retire from active campaigning long prior to twelve months ago.  There was no longer the necessity for them to do so when Madeleine's case became an active one again.
In my opinion they have been keeping a low profile since late 2013 when that was brought about.

Do you associate active campaigning with search for Maddie because I see them as two completely different entities.  The McCanns have a campaign fund which was set up to search for the child but the majority of expenditure from it over the last few years has been on litigation aimed at protecting their good names. How utterly sick is that?
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Erngath

« Reply #136 on: May 29, 2018, 05:07:04 PM »
Kate and Gerry have never given up on Madeleine and I don't think they ever will.

Hopefully the present Portuguese and British investigation will resolve the situation and dispense with any future necessity for them to seek publicity or do anything proactive on Madeleine's behalf.

I think they began to retire from active campaigning long prior to twelve months ago.  There was no longer the necessity for them to do so when Madeleine's case became an active one again.
In my opinion they have been keeping a low profile since late 2013 when that was brought about.

Every parent of a missing child would never give up on their child.
They will always have hope that one day they will find out what has happened to their child.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline misty

« Reply #137 on: May 29, 2018, 05:25:55 PM »
Do you associate active campaigning with search for Maddie because I see them as two completely different entities.  The McCanns have a campaign fund which was set up to search for the child but the majority of expenditure from it over the last few years has been on litigation aimed at protecting their good names. How utterly sick is that?

Without the long-running litigation aimed at ex-PJ coordinator who declared Madeleine dead & her parents culpable via various media outlets, how much continued interest in the case would have been maintained in Portugal? IMO it has been money well spent, despite the SC decision.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #138 on: May 29, 2018, 05:56:59 PM »
Every parent of a missing child would never give up on their child.
They will always have hope that one day they will find out what has happened to their child.

Always assuming of course that they don't already know.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #139 on: May 29, 2018, 06:00:37 PM »
Without the long-running litigation aimed at ex-PJ coordinator who declared Madeleine dead & her parents culpable via various media outlets, how much continued interest in the case would have been maintained in Portugal? IMO it has been money well spent, despite the SC decision.

Money wasted you mean surely misty?  The point though is that the McCanns have used money which was supposed to have been used to search for their missing daughter. Had they really wanted to assist the investigation they would have cooperated fully with the police and encouraged their tapas friends to do the same. They would not have scurried off back to the UK like scared rabbits plotting revenge as they went. Is it little wonder that some directors of the Madeleine Fund removed themselves from the board when the parents became more important than the child?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 06:04:04 PM by Angelo222 »

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline barrier

« Reply #140 on: May 29, 2018, 06:05:04 PM »

How much interest in reality is there,the Bilton documentary showed the residents of Luz less than enthusiastic, albeit it was a small sample,the stop the McCann circus road signs being another,what of the PJ how many on their team? all imo of course.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline barrier

« Reply #141 on: May 29, 2018, 06:08:26 PM »

If it brings a resolution I'd agree on the money but if it leaves it like it did after the questioning back in 2014 with reports of it being back to the stage of 2007 then it is a waste.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #142 on: May 29, 2018, 06:12:06 PM »
Always assuming of course that they don't already know.

are you suggesting the mccanns may already know?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 08:22:21 PM by Angelo222 »

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #143 on: May 29, 2018, 06:12:44 PM »
How much interest in reality is there,the Bilton documentary showed the residents of Luz less than enthusiastic, albeit it was a small sample,the stop the McCann circus road signs being another,what of the PJ how many on their team? all imo of course.

Outside the immediate Luz area I cannot see many people being particularly interested.  Within Luz the name Madeleine equates to wrecked businesses and unemployment, not to mention many a lost Portuguese reputation.

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #144 on: May 29, 2018, 06:19:04 PM »
are you suggesting the mccanns may already know?

When it was revealed that the private detectives were required to sign confidentiality clauses in their contracts the proverbial cat was then out of the bag.  Secrecy has always been a poor friend to innocence.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 08:22:53 PM by Angelo222 »

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #145 on: May 29, 2018, 06:20:40 PM »
When it was revealed that the private detectives were required to sign confidentiality clauses in their contracts the proverbial cat was then out of the bag.  Secrecy has always been a poor friend to innocence.
???
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #146 on: May 29, 2018, 06:24:11 PM »
Outside the immediate Luz area I cannot see many people being particularly interested.  Within Luz the name Madeleine equates to wrecked businesses and unemployment, not to mention many a lost Portuguese reputation.
It's odd then that the case (Madeleine, the McCanns, Amaral etc) continue to get covered by  the Portuguese media every time there's any news, seeing as how no one's interested.  Maybe it's only the media  that's interested and every time there's a related story Portuguese citizens hurriedly turn the page or switch over.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline misty

« Reply #147 on: May 29, 2018, 06:24:34 PM »
Money wasted you mean surely misty?  The point though is that the McCanns have used money which was supposed to have been used to search for their missing daughter. Had they really wanted to assist the investigation they would have cooperated fully with the police and encouraged their tapas friends to do the same. They would not have scurried off back to the UK like scared rabbits plotting revenge as they went. Is it little wonder that some directors of the Madeleine Fund removed themselves from the board when the parents became more important than the child?

IMO the money was well spent because it served 2 purposes - attempting to quieten the main protagonists in the death thesis whilst keeping Madeleine's name & case in the Portuguese national press at the same time.
The McCanns had to return to the UK at some stage. I think the only surprise is that they didn't come home much sooner and perhaps it would have been better if they had, from their perspective. The UK police would have also disappeared from the scene & there would probably have been no dogs......

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #148 on: May 29, 2018, 06:37:37 PM »
IMO the money was well spent because it served 2 purposes - attempting to quieten the main protagonists in the death thesis whilst keeping Madeleine's name & case in the Portuguese national press at the same time.
The McCanns had to return to the UK at some stage. I think the only surprise is that they didn't come home much sooner and perhaps it would have been better if they had, from their perspective. The UK police would have also disappeared from the scene & there would probably have been no dogs......

The English police were summoned home the minute the McCanns left Faro Airport.  That in itself speaks volumes imo.

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #149 on: May 29, 2018, 06:45:19 PM »
The English police were summoned home the minute the McCanns left Faro Airport.  That in itself speaks volumes imo.
What does it say to you?