Author Topic: Madeleine McCann alive?  (Read 24074 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Madeleine McCann alive?
« on: March 01, 2019, 05:56:46 PM »
Could Madeleine McCann still be alive?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 05:55:30 PM by John »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Online Eleanor

Re: Madeleine McCann alive?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019, 10:04:30 PM »

It is a possibility.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2019, 10:16:21 PM »
It is a possibility.

It has always been hoped for by most people and if the latest news about the request for further funding for a year is correct as it seems to be, it is a real possibility.
If nothing else it gives the lie to the notion that Operation Grange has been a busted flush ... it seems they may be the ones with the Ace up the sleeve.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Online Eleanor

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2019, 11:26:16 PM »

It was always going to take time because too much time was lost in the beginning when it really mattered.  First they had to find out where she could be.  And proving it is her is a whole new ball game, especially if she has a passport in another name.  They can't just snatch a child off the street just because they think it is her.

Offline Lace

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2019, 02:35:32 PM »
I think its possible Madeleine is still alive,  living somewhere with a new family.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2019, 03:49:36 PM »
I think its possible Madeleine is still alive,  living somewhere with a new family.

Of course it is possible.  Too much planning went into her abduction for it to be a hit and miss affair.  Small children fetch good money for a family prepared to pay.  Even an official adoption costs money, and takes ages.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2019, 12:55:58 AM »
Of course it is possible.  Too much planning went into her abduction for it to be a hit and miss affair.  Small children fetch good money for a family prepared to pay.  Even an official adoption costs money, and takes ages.

What a lovely idea but I can’t think of one case where a girl Madeleine’s age has been taken in order to be assimilated into a new family. Can you ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2019, 01:04:50 AM »
What a lovely idea but I can’t think of one case where a girl Madeleine’s age has been taken in order to be assimilated into a new family. Can you ?
There is always the first.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Online misty

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2019, 01:26:19 AM »
Why were any of these children abducted? The cases don't even make the news here in UK.

https://www.moroccoworldnews.com/2019/02/266805/moroccan-police-kidnapped-3-year-old/

Online misty

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2019, 01:37:46 AM »
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/a/201901/09/WS5c354a55a31068606745f9c6.html

3 year old boy abducted from market & raised by new parents.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2019, 07:34:14 AM »

How would we know?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2019, 09:09:51 AM »
Why were any of these children abducted? The cases don't even make the news here in UK.

https://www.moroccoworldnews.com/2019/02/266805/moroccan-police-kidnapped-3-year-old/

The first was a family dispute by the looks of things, the others seem to have been found dead or their bodies haven’t been found. Not one seems to have been assimilated into a new family. Hardly cause for hope.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2019, 09:11:35 AM »
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/a/201901/09/WS5c354a55a31068606745f9c6.html

3 year old boy abducted from market & raised by new parents.

Was there worldwide media involved in this story ?

Online misty

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2019, 12:48:05 PM »
Was there worldwide media involved in this story ?

No there wasn't, just as there wouldn't have been if the PJ had had their way. IMO Madeleine's case would have faded into relative obscurity without the media. Morocco appears to have a child-abduction problem & if the report above is accurate, any foreign child trafficked to there wouldn't have much hope of being located by the authorities.
IMO most people are oblivious to the true extent of child trafficking (for whatever purpose) & the number of babies stolen for illegal adoption is frightening. All those babies don't end up dead - they are clearly wanted by prospective parents able to afford something otherwise denied them. However, market demand is not restricted to babies, as shown for instance in Netherlands/INDIA example here:- https://www.dutchnews.nl/news/2007/05/stolen_boy_may_be_one_of_dozen/

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2019, 04:10:31 PM »
No there wasn't, just as there wouldn't have been if the PJ had had their way. IMO Madeleine's case would have faded into relative obscurity without the media. Morocco appears to have a child-abduction problem & if the report above is accurate, any foreign child trafficked to there wouldn't have much hope of being located by the authorities.
IMO most people are oblivious to the true extent of child trafficking (for whatever purpose) & the number of babies stolen for illegal adoption is frightening. All those babies don't end up dead - they are clearly wanted by prospective parents able to afford something otherwise denied them. However, market demand is not restricted to babies, as shown for instance in Netherlands/INDIA example here:- https://www.dutchnews.nl/news/2007/05/stolen_boy_may_be_one_of_dozen/

If there are plenty of abductable children in Morocco why would they come to an out of season European resort to abduct a child who they must have known would generate publicity ?