Author Topic: introducing myself  (Read 4277 times)

cathythe sceptic

introducing myself
« on: June 24, 2012, 10:59:45 AM »
Hi everybody

thankyou for letting me post as a guest.I will now introduce myself properly
I am Cathy,I'm aretired teacher,live in Brighton,am a bit of a leftie (nothing too rabid,promise!)
I am very interested in MOJs and think that it should be a source of national disgrace how many there are,we should be haunted by people like Sally Clark,Stephan Kischco and we should really ask ourselves why they keep happening.I think they are largely a product of our 'adversarial' prosecution system,as in countries (eg France) where they have the 'inquisitorial' system,MOJs are unheard of.
However,I do not think JB is an MOJ at all,and I am very interested to work the motivation of some who do,or who pretend to -- by that I don,t mean the no 1 ladies detective agency posters on the pro jb forum,but rather the likes of NGB and Simon McKay -- as I cannot believe his defence bears any serious scrutiny by an objective mind.Just the 'Neville, phone call alone cannot stand up to analysis.
I am also curious as to why,for example,somebody as unimpeachable as David Jessel has never come out in favour of jb.In fact in a recent swinging critique of the CCRC he said he was sure that Simon Hall and Eddie Gilfoyle would eventually win their appeals, BUT he made no mention whatsoever of jb -- funny that,as he would be the longest-standing and most scandalous MOJ of them all,if any of his supporters claims were true

Offline Joanne

Re: introducing myself
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 11:12:13 AM »
Welcome to the group  8((()*/

Offline Andrea

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 11:38:57 AM »
Welcome cathy, you will find the forum best if you register, Youre options are more varied that way.

Good post, the david jessel point was interesting.

cathythe sceptic

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 11:57:26 AM »
Hi Andrea  thanks for that
not sure what you mean by 'register'  - apologies this is the 1st forum I have ever posted on and I'm a complete numb nuts in all these matters

Offline Andrea

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 12:01:01 PM »
Hi Andrea  thanks for that
not sure what you mean by 'register'  - apologies this is the 1st forum I have ever posted on and I'm a complete numb nuts in all these matters

you can register on here, Cathy. It means you becaome a member of the forum, that will allow you to send private messages to other members etc. Also you can view other members profiles. far better than posting as a guest.

We have too many guests posting here and not registering, its spoils thing imo.

cathythe sceptic

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 12:03:11 PM »
oh ok  - hadn't realised the benefits!

Offline Andrea

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2012, 12:05:21 PM »
No probs, Cathy. It only takes a minute or so to register. welome  8((()*/

cathythe sceptic

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2012, 12:14:39 PM »
Have been trying to register for the last few mins,but keeps telling me I can't  - my e-mail address is already registered or something -don't understand  - help!!

Offline Andrea

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2012, 01:04:49 PM »
Are you already registered here? thats only time you would get that message. If not, then i dont know, just keep trying. 8)-)))

Offline sika

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2012, 01:19:17 PM »
Have been trying to register for the last few mins,but keeps telling me I can't  - my e-mail address is already registered or something -don't understand  - help!!
Hello Cathy, I had the same issues when I signed up.  I kept trying and then, Hey presto! Here I am.

cathythe sceptic

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2012, 02:02:51 PM »
Thanks Sika,I will keep persevering  -  don't want to remain a lowly guest,when all the exciting action seems to take place via the back-channels of PMs!!

cathythe sceptic

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2012, 02:08:52 PM »
nope,it just keeps telling that my e-mail address is already registered

oh well,just stay as a guest, if I may?

only me

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2012, 02:39:36 PM »
Perhaps the forum has been taken over by Natwest...I hear they're having some technical issues at the moment too!   8-)(--)  8()-000(

Offline Joanne

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2012, 03:06:53 PM »
That mad me   @)(++(* out loud!

Offline starryian

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2012, 07:06:54 PM »
Welcome to the group Cathythe. I very much look forward to reading your posts. 8@??)( 8((()*/
Starryian..