Author Topic: I have been stalking all day  (Read 9270 times)

Offline Tim Invictus

Re: I have been stalking all day
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2012, 11:03:00 AM »
Anyone know their birds: What is this fellow caught on camera today? :
(Out of focus I know but it was about 100meters away. I will get him properly soon)

Evidently my feathered friend is indeed a buzzard according to local experts! Not nearly as cool as an eagle or falcon and the like but hey he is still a handsome fellow ... just like his photographer!  8)-)))

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2012, 12:23:17 PM »
(Out of focus I know but it was about 100meters away. I will get him properly soon)

Evidently my feathered friend is indeed a buzzard according to local experts! Not nearly as cool as an eagle or falcon and the like but hey he is still a handsome fellow ... just like his photographer!  8)-)))

Don't know about the photographer but the bird is fab. Where did you take the photo mate?
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2012, 12:41:34 PM »

Don't know about the photographer but the bird is fab. Where did you take the photo mate?

Yeah David ... he lives in the forest at the back of my place but he is very elusive and hardly ever out in the open. I am determined to get an in focus snap of him though. The doves are easy to get but there's woodpeckers too who are very nervous.

I am not a Bill Oddie really, just playing with a new camera: I will get better with it.

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2012, 12:43:10 PM »
One for Miss P. to bark at!

Offline John

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2012, 01:21:07 PM »
The Common Buzzard?  A beautiful bird!

« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 01:22:48 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2012, 03:42:46 PM »
The Common Buzzard?  A beautiful bird!

That photo is from the Netherlands John .... not far away from here. That is the closest one yet to my flying neighbour! I will tell him he is a common buzzard!

8)-)))