Author Topic: Scotland Yard about to commence digs in and around Praia da Luz.  (Read 96308 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Scotland Yard about to commence digs in and around Praia da Luz.
« Reply #270 on: May 08, 2014, 05:02:31 PM »

Sounds to me like he's hopeful of finding some remains.

no...he's lulling them into a false sense of security

Offline jassi

« Reply #271 on: May 08, 2014, 05:04:20 PM »
no...he's lulling them into a false sense of security

Well that as well, of course.  8(0(*
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline sadie

« Reply #272 on: May 08, 2014, 05:07:54 PM »
yes but I have the praise of Cornelius who posted...

Of course he doesn't he is the most respected and highly thought of poster on this forum...so many posts of such quality.

so there you are...most respected no less

Every bit Davel  8((()*/

Well spoken Cornelius  8@??)(

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #273 on: May 08, 2014, 05:10:10 PM »
Every bit Davel  8((()*/

Well spoken Cornelius  8@??)(

thanks Sadie...I have to be careful I don't get big headed

stephen25000

« Reply #274 on: May 08, 2014, 05:12:16 PM »
That's rich coming from you Stephen, if you know what I mean

Nudge nudge

Have you been on the Jammie Dodgers ???  8)--)) 8)--))

Offline sadie

« Reply #275 on: May 08, 2014, 05:17:15 PM »
I am sorry if I have missed something, cos I am lacking in time and energy atm

BUT are the dig sites posted anywhere on this forum?  At a quick look I cabnt see them, yet they were clearly shown on the news this morning

I am unable to post from GE, sorry, but I can remember that the three sites outined were

1)  the Staff quarters and their grounds up in Rua D'Escola

2) The wasteland which runs to the east of Rua D'escola and stretches across to the main road Rua de 1* Maio

3)  The main Eastern beach

If no image of these places has been posted, could someone who is clever please do that.

If the image has been posted please could someone direct me to which thread and whereish.  Thank you.

icabodcrane

« Reply #276 on: May 08, 2014, 05:22:35 PM »
I am sorry if I have missed something, cos I am lacking in time and energy atm

BUT are the dig sites posted anywhere on this forum?  At a quick look I cabnt see them, yet they were clearly shown on the news this morning

I am unable to post from GE, sorry, but I can remember that the three sites outined were

1)  the Staff quarters and their grounds up in Rua D'Escola

2) The wasteland which runs to the east of Rua D'escola and stretches across to the main road Rua de 1* Maio

3)  The main Eastern beach

If no image of these places has been posted, could someone who is clever please do that.

If the image has been posted please could someone direct me to which thread and whereish.  Thank you.

Scotland Yard are going to dig up the Ocean Club staff quarters  ? 

Where did you get  that  from  ?

Cariad

« Reply #277 on: May 08, 2014, 06:53:20 PM »
The closer it is to the apartment, the more 'iffy' it is. It seems highly unlikely that a stranger is going to bury a body or evidence right next to the scene of the crime. 

That leaves eitehr she woke, wandered, fell into open road works, wasn't spotted and the road works were closed up, or someone staying in the apartments. All speculation on my part obviously.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 03:41:12 PM by Mr Moderator »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #278 on: May 08, 2014, 06:56:05 PM »
The closer it is to the apartment, the more 'iffy' it is. It seems highly unlikely that a stranger is going to bury a body or evidence right next to the scene of the crime. 

That leaves eitehr she woke, wandered, fell into open road works, wasn't spotted and the road works were closed up, or someone staying in the apartments. All speculation on my part obviously.

The idea that Kate and Gerry would dispose of maddie's body like that is absurd ...IMO.....

Cariad

« Reply #279 on: May 08, 2014, 06:59:36 PM »
The idea that Kate and Gerry would dispose of maddie's body like that is absurd ...IMO.....

The idea that anyone would dispose of a body like that seems pretty absurd, yet SY are looking for one in those locations.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #280 on: May 08, 2014, 07:11:24 PM »

No-one actually knows exactly who occupied these apartments.

For some reason the elementary police work necessary to ascertain that was omitted by the initial investigation.

NSY did request access to information about apartment owners and occupancy.  That request was denied along with many others.

I agree, Cariad, the people staying in the apartments should have been interviewed in 2007.
Extraordinary that they were not.
Extraordinary that NSY have been blocked from finding out who they were.  They considered it important enough to request the necessary permission, pity no-one thought it important enough to grant their request.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Cariad

« Reply #281 on: May 08, 2014, 07:23:56 PM »

For some reason the elementary police work necessary to ascertain that was omitted by the initial investigation.

NSY did request access to information about apartment owners and occupancy.  That request was denied along with many others.

I agree, Cariad, the people staying in the apartments should have been interviewed in 2007.
Extraordinary that NSY have been blocked from finding out who they were.  They considered it important enough to request the necessary permission, pity no-one thought it important enough to grant their request.

If you're going to keep making digs at the Portuguese police, I feel obliged to point out that none of this would be happening if a certain couple had just got a take away instead.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #282 on: May 08, 2014, 07:28:08 PM »
If you're going to keep making digs at the Portuguese police, I feel obliged to point out that none of this would be happening if a certain couple had just got a take away instead.

I blame the criminal but perhaps you are the sort of person who ...if someone goes out in a short skirt and gets attacked....

Offline jassi

« Reply #283 on: May 08, 2014, 07:34:44 PM »
I blame the criminal but perhaps you are the sort of person who ...if someone goes out in a short skirt and gets attacked....

I think we all blame the criminal - we just disagree on the likely identity.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #284 on: May 08, 2014, 07:53:10 PM »

Extraordinary too that some people don't seem to view this as extraordinary.  But we mustn't have a dig at the Portuguese Police must we, the PJ should remain above criticism at all times lest we cause umbrage.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 07:56:50 PM by Alfred R Jones »