Author Topic: Scotland Yard about to commence digs in and around Praia da Luz.  (Read 95901 times)

Alfred R Jones

Re: Scotland Yard about to commence digs in and around Praia da Luz.
« Reply #285 on: May 08, 2014, 07:58:26 PM »
The idea that anyone would dispose of a body like that seems pretty absurd, yet SY are looking for one in those locations.

Have SY said they are looking for a body in those areas specifically?

Offline jassi

« Reply #286 on: May 08, 2014, 08:08:50 PM »
Have SY said they are looking for a body in those areas specifically?

I believe their lips are sealed. Which is how it should be.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Anna

« Reply #287 on: May 08, 2014, 08:25:25 PM »
I am sorry if I have missed something, cos I am lacking in time and energy atm

BUT are the dig sites posted anywhere on this forum?  At a quick look I cabnt see them, yet they were clearly shown on the news this morning

I am unable to post from GE, sorry, but I can remember that the three sites outined were

1)  the Staff quarters and their grounds up in Rua D'Escola

2) The wasteland which runs to the east of Rua D'escola and stretches across to the main road Rua de 1* Maio

3)  The main Eastern beach

If no image of these places has been posted, could someone who is clever please do that.

If the image has been posted please could someone direct me to which thread and whereish.  Thank you.

Here you go Sadie
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2621343/British-police-leading-hunt-Madeleine-McCann-given-permission-begin-digging-Portuguese-resort-disappeared.html
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #288 on: May 08, 2014, 08:37:43 PM »
Since you like to study photos you might want to have a look at this post Sadie.

www.miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=4014.msg150235#msg150235
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #289 on: May 08, 2014, 09:07:28 PM »
I believe their lips are sealed. Which is how it should be.
But it doesn't stop people assuming that's what they are looking for.

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #290 on: May 08, 2014, 09:14:32 PM »
The idea that anyone would dispose of a body like that seems pretty absurd, yet SY are looking for one in those locations.

Well, if there is someone with history of attacking children and wanting to hurt them this would be just their next step.
And that someone is on loose in PDL.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 07:26:12 PM by Mr Moderator »

Silkywhiskers

« Reply #291 on: May 08, 2014, 10:16:28 PM »
Insane, isn't it.

First we learn Tannerman was a lie.

Then we learn Smithman is Gerry.

Then we learn Gerry was seen carrying Madeleine toward the beach.

Now we have DIGS on that beach, coming not at the beginning of Operation Grange, when they could be called "exploratory" but at the END of Operation Grange, which means the digs can be referred to as the RESULT of Op Grange.

Yep, Operation Grange is just mounting another international folly, in the eyes of the world media,  just to make sure that Amaral was wrong?

Seriously? 

Offline sadie

« Reply #292 on: May 08, 2014, 10:43:22 PM »
Scotland Yard are going to dig up the Ocean Club staff quarters  ? 

Where did you get  that  from  ?

I read maps Icabod.  It was clearly outlined on the news this morning.  Not sure if it was Sky News or BBC News.  Also the waste land immediately across the road from the Staff quarters, that was outlined.  And a pointer at the main beach.  Nothing at the smaller western cove.

Like me, they will have worked out that the western cove has quite a depth of water over it at high tide so any body would have been washed up. 

Shame Amaral didn't work that out before writing his [... speculative removed ...] book, dont you think ?

Silkywhiskers

« Reply #293 on: May 08, 2014, 10:47:39 PM »
I read maps Icabod.  It was clearly outlined on the news this morning.  Not sure if it was Sky News or BBC News.  Also the waste land immediately across the toad from the Staff quarters, that was outlined.  And a pointer at the main beach.  Nothing at the smaller western cove.

Like me, they will have worked out that the western cove has quite a depth of water over it at high tide so any body would have been washed up. 

Shame Amaral didn't work that out before writing his [...speculative removed...] book, dont you think ?

Have you even read his book?

The spots being dug are the same ones identified by Amaral and his team.

Oh and by the way, the book is not libellous  The Portugese supreme court said so and is about to say so again, that is if this latest hearing isn't aborted.

Oh wait it already has been placed on indefinite hold.....

8-)(--)

« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 09:56:51 PM by John »

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #294 on: May 08, 2014, 10:50:33 PM »
Have you even read his book?

The spots being dug are the same ones identified by Amaral and his team.

Oh and by the way, the book is not libellous.  The Portugese supreme court said so and is about to say so again, that is if this latest hearing isn't aborted.

Oh wait it already has been placed on indefinite hold.....

8-)(--)

We are not Portuguese  @)(++(*  We don't worship people like that  @)(++(* 
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 09:56:31 PM by John »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #295 on: May 08, 2014, 11:17:31 PM »
If the spots being dug were the same ones identified by Dr Amaral and his team ~ why didn't they excavate them in the process of the investigation?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 09:55:44 PM by John »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #296 on: May 08, 2014, 11:21:17 PM »
I read maps Icabod.  It was clearly outlined on the news this morning.  Not sure if it was Sky News or BBC News.  Also the waste land immediately across the toad from the Staff quarters, that was outlined.  And a pointer at the main beach.  Nothing at the smaller western cove.

Shame Amaral didn't work that out before writing his book, dont you think ?

Putting Toads to one side, beaches do not routinely get washed out to sea twice a day by the tide.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 09:15:37 AM by Admin »
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Albertini

« Reply #297 on: May 08, 2014, 11:23:48 PM »

Because in the 3+ years that the yard have been working on the case new information has come to light that the PJ didn't have or hadn't discovered in the few months (not 3 years) they were working on the case back in 2007?

Silkywhiskers

« Reply #298 on: May 08, 2014, 11:26:50 PM »
Because in the 3+ years that the yard have been working on the case new information has come to light that the PJ didn't have or hadn't discovered in the few months (not 3 years) they were working on the case back in 2007?

The phone data.

Offline sadie

« Reply #299 on: May 09, 2014, 12:27:19 AM »
Putting Toads to one side, beaches do not routinely get washed out to sea twice a day by the tide.

Cheers Slarti, have ammended my spelling. 8((()*/

When they are little rocky coves like that, they will get unusual currents especially in rough conditions.  The seas were roughening that night.